Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

lost Sun songs Satisfied / Uncle Penn

Mon May 12, 2003 5:36 pm

any news about that?

The song Satified surfaced in 1987 by RCA. But never released, lost again? What about the song Uncle Penn? Elvis performed it live.

The Song Night train to Memphis is deposit is in a safe in Memphis.
I wrote a mail to Sunrecords for more details and information about that, but no response.

Well, i think there a some unreleased Sun songs, but forever reason not released yet. :evil:

Mon May 12, 2003 5:57 pm

No, no, 'Satisfied' was not "lost again".
But the owner raised its price at the very last moment to an amount whereas Ernst said that the figur asked, did not represent the value of the recording. Some people ask ridiculous prices. :evil:
I wish this man would deal the way it was done with the My Hapiness acetate. Because now he is keeping it away from a large group of fans. He should be ashamed of himself :o Anybody any news on Uncle Penn?

Mon May 12, 2003 9:11 pm

That's a shame. :x

Mon May 12, 2003 9:17 pm

Emiel Maier wrote:...I wish this man would deal the way it was done with the My Hapiness acetate. Because now he is keeping it away from a large group of fans. He should be ashamed of himself...

Please stop this stupid attack on collectors, just because you envy what they have been able to obtain for their personal collections. I presume this man is now the happy owner of a one of a kind item!

There's somethings that many do not share, I for one do not share my wife with others. Should I be ashemed of myself because of that, or should I be proud of my beautifuyl wife? My answer is easy, and I think this happy collector is more than happy with his tape too!!

Tue May 13, 2003 10:06 am

But why did he offer it to BMG in the first place?
He wanted to make a big buck with-it...
At first they had a deal about the amount of money. But he raised it not shortly after that. :twisted: The figur he asked was 100.000 dollars! I mean if it was a full studio recording of Elvis singing "All You Need Is Love", I would say it is worth the price. But it turns out to be a very bad and distorted acetate. Full with annoying noises. A recording a bit worse than 'Hearts Of Stone'. I don't think that is worth 100.000 dollar.

And I don't go for your explanation about your wife. How many people are interested in your wife? (I know of men who share there wife with others: I don't condemn them, it's just their way of living). I think there are far more people interested in unreleased Elvis recordings. Or do you think that the Zapruder family should have kept their piece of film (with the shooting of Kennedy) for themselves? Just to complete their collection....

Tue May 13, 2003 1:11 pm

Honestly, if I had a collectors song item, I would share it with the Elvis fans.
Believe me, there are still a lot of unknown songs in the hands of private persons.

So start with the first step, the people shall tell us, what's really left.

I can only speak for myself, friends. I do not want every soundboard concert from the 70's. It only makes sense, if there are rare live perfomances. The most shows are simular identically. Iam hungry for studio recordings or early live perfomances like:
Uncle Pen
Rock around the clock
Only you
All shook up

or "lost" studio recordings:
Blues stay away from me
Night train to memphis
some movie recordings (Playing with fire, dirty dirty feeling for King Creole, Roustabout no2 from Otis Blackwell)

Bob Dylan Song Jam Session
Chuck Berry Song jam session

birthday recordings for the Colonel and friends

there is really still a lot of songs....

Tue May 13, 2003 2:02 pm

I've said this before, but if anyone here has info about these collectors and how they can be contacted, please e-mail me!

Thanks

Tue May 13, 2003 2:25 pm

Harty -

Like you, I would love to see some 'long-lost' Elvis tracks released.

But we must be realistic !

The 'Dirty, Dirty Feeling' song was pitched for 'King Creole' but never recorded.

No convincing evidence has surfaced for 'Night Train To Memphis' or 'Blues, Stay Away From Me' being recorded; let alone the actual tapes.

Perhaps more promising are the 'live' renditions of 'Uncle Pen', 'Only You', 'Rock Around The Clock' but I wonder about the audio quality if they ever do surface ! ['Hearts of Stone' - anyone?].

The odd 'missing' film song may turn up - like Roustabout No.2; but will it have been worth the wait ?

The studio jams would be fascinating - if they exist.

I think it is better to take the pessimistic view.

Then, if something good surfaces, it will be a pleasant surprise !

Hey, I just read today that BMG may merge with AOL !

With a company that huge, perhaps they will loosen the purse strings & prise some stuff from the private collectors' deposit boxes !

We live in hope.

Colin B

[/i]

Tue May 13, 2003 3:52 pm

Colin what did you mean with "['Hearts of Stone' - anyone?]."

I don't quite understand what you mean with that?
The song is out (for a couple of years) and the audio quality is even below average to be honest.

Tue May 13, 2003 3:59 pm

I think Colin was implying that the quality could be very bad.

:?

Tue May 13, 2003 4:11 pm

BMG merging with AOL! GReat now the same people that have not released Elvis movies will have control of his recordings too. THat is not good news.

Only You

Tue May 13, 2003 8:23 pm

I clearly remember Elvis singing "Only You" when I saw him in person in 1956.

Tue May 13, 2003 9:08 pm

ColinB wrote:Harty -
...No convincing evidence has surfaced for 'Night Train To Memphis' or 'Blues, Stay Away From Me' being recorded; let alone the actual tapes.
Colin B
[/i]

If you believe the words of Ger Riijf, Night Train To Memphis does excist. He says he has heard it!!!!

Blues Stay Away From Me is to be heard during the How Do You Think I Feel off-mike tape, released officially by Bear Family records.

Tue May 13, 2003 9:47 pm

vinylman wrote:
Emiel Maier wrote:...I wish this man would deal the way it was done with the My Hapiness acetate. Because now he is keeping it away from a large group of fans. He should be ashamed of himself...

Please stop this stupid attack on collectors, just because you envy what they have been able to obtain for their personal collections. I presume this man is now the happy owner of a one of a kind item!

quote]

He still would be if he licensed it to BMG for release !! He could receive a fee for the licensing to them and then receive a percentage of the royalties.