Of all solos from 6/21/1977, why only the Bobby Ogdin solo?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Of all solos from 6/21/1977, why only the Bobby Ogdin solo?

Post by BrianTCB »

This has always puzzled me. Why would the Bobby Ogdin solo be the only solo released on video from 6/21/1977 so far, but none of the other awesome solos like Tony Brown's Two Mile Pike, or James Burton's famous Johnny B. Goode solo on top of his head?

Surely those would be far better choices for any type of release? I realize 6/19 has been released, but that is not my question - my question is why the solos from 6/21/1977 continue to be unreleased on video.

I'm sorry - I'm just not that big of a fan of the electric piano solo.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Of all solos from 6/21/1977, why only the Bobby Ogdin so

Post by Johnny2523 »

BrianTCB wrote:This has always puzzled me. Why would the Bobby Ogdin solo be the only solo released on video from 6/21/1977 so far, but none of the other awesome solos like Tony Brown's Two Mile Pike, or James Burton's famous Johnny B. Goode solo on top of his head?

Surely those would be far better choices for any type of release? I realize 6/19 has been released, but that is not my question - my question is why the solos from 6/21/1977 continue to be unreleased on video.

It could be the bootleggers dont have the full shows and only EPE has them.. Or simply because the show was running longer then an hour, and they had to switch tapes?

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvisjock »

Perhaps the producers stopped rolling on the Rapid City solos. They knew they had the Omaha solos in the can, and also knew they wouldn't appear in the program.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Robert »

With multiple cameras in action, it'a fair question.
Next to that Ronnie and Jerry redefined their solo's and I would like to hear it.
Jerry used a great amp tuning and as a bass player it's great to listen to his piece in 1977.
So much better to what he did in '75, when he first tried it out.
Keep in mind everything we have is not raw material but a first cut.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by ritchie valens »

I saw the complete ones once on yt i think.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

BrianTCB wrote:This has always puzzled me. Why would the Bobby Ogdin solo be the only solo released on video from 6/21/1977 so far, but none of the other awesome solos like Tony Brown's Two Mile Pike, or James Burton's famous Johnny B. Goode solo on top of his head?

The Bobby Ogdin solo was a highlight of the June 21, 1977 videotaping, and they wanted to share it with the world.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Johnny2523 wrote:

It could be the bootleggers dont have the full shows and only EPE has them.. Or simply because the show was running longer then an hour, and they had to switch tapes?
This can't be it, because the 6/19/1977 solos exist in their entirety, and the show runs at least 1 hour and 11 minutes.