Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Why again ?

Mon May 12, 2003 4:16 pm

OEPS , THEY DID IT AGAIN !

The Lone Star will release within a couple of weeks the new CD "Night Time Is The Right Time" - The man in white vol.4 that will feature a very good audience recording of the Mother's Day concert, May 13 - 1973, Lake Tahoe.The tape that has been used is from the original tape and comes with an eight page booklet.

Track listing :
See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen-Help Me Make It Through The Night - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On/Mama Don't Dance/Shake,Rattle And Roll/Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On - My Way - Hound Dog - What Now My Love? - Suspicious Minds - I'll Remember You - I Can't Stop Loving You - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Funny How Time Slips Away - It's Over - Release Me - Faded Love - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp - Space 2001 - Announcement

"The Perfect Gift"
Set for release on May 13 (Exactly 30 years after this actual event) on the TRIANGLE label comes Elvis’ special 3 am show as recorded on Mother’s Day, May 13, 1973 at the High Sierra Theatre in Del Webb’s Sahara Hotel, Stateline, Nevada.

Although it’s an audience recording, the sound is crystal clear and far above average, even better than most soundboards. Help Me Make It Through The Night, Steamroller Blues, Bridge Over Troubled Water (with reprise), My Way and a very rare version of Faded Love are among the highlights of this show. Elvis is not very talkative but it seems he is in a pretty good mood and delivers a very good show.

This is a factory made silver disc.

Note : After the closing song "Can't Help Falling In Love"", this show has a rare ending, it starts all over again with the 2001 intro, Al Dvorin and at the very end to buy souvenirs...

This is the Master tape after rumors that this Master tape by Rick Rennie was lost.

Rick Rennie always claimed , this was his best recording as a sound quality he ever had!!! Rick Rennie recorded several audience-tapes while he was attending the Elvis-live shows.

Tracklisting : See see rider-I got a woman/Amen-Help me make it through the night-Steamroller blues-You gave me a mountain-Love me-Blue suede shoes-Long tall sally/Whole lotta shakin' going on/Mama don't dance/Shake,rattle and roll/Whole lotta shakin' going on-My way-Hound dog-What now my love-Suspicious minds - I'll remember you-I can't stop loving you-Bridge over troubled water-Funny how time slips away-It's over-Release me-faded love-Can't help falling in Love

this is pissing me off :evil:

Ron & Jessica - Netherlands

Mon May 12, 2003 9:48 pm

There must really be a shortage of decent material amongst the bootleggers at the moment if two labels are prepared to issue the same audience recording. Personally, as Ernst has already indicated that the soundboard recording of this show will be issued by FTD eventually, I think I’ll wait for the FTD release.

Mon May 12, 2003 10:04 pm

what does OEPS mean?

and I was thinking that also that they are reapting releases.

Francesc