Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Re: BEST LIVE SHOW FROM 1975?

Post by Ciscoking »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Thank you. So at least this date is correct.
Odd enough. If You Love Me Let Me Know seems to match the version of the Opening show from March 18th even to the comment just as its about to fade out on the soundboard ''Audience member wooh: Elvis: Wooh... Thank you very much'' while the other soundboard songs don't match that show. -
You mean the version which is dated March 19. 1975 MS...?

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Odd enough. If You Love Me Let Me Know seems to match the version of the Opening show from March 18th even to the comment just as its about to fade out on the soundboard ''Audience member wooh: Elvis: Wooh... Thank you very much'' while the other soundboard songs don't match that show. -
yes that one.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
yes that one.
Sure hope we can nail this one down soon.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Robert wrote:
ElvisFan99 wrote:March 22 Midnight Show in Vegas. What a show, and - especially - what a setlist: certainly one of the best ever! There's "Green Green Grass Of Home", there's "It's Midnight", there's "Promised Land", there's "My Boy", there's "You're The Reason I'm Living"... hot damn, there are even "Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog"! :D

By the way, Elvis is in P-E-R-F-E-C-T voice there, too!
Definitely one of the best '75 shows indeed.
Add New York and Asheville and you have list with outstanding shows for the year.
How do we know that "You're the Reason I'm Living" is from the March 22 MS? For that matter, how do the experts know the first four tracks are from the March 20 DS? On Las Vegas Happening, which was the last outing of this show, we even get bonus tracks from the March 19 MS. I've always wondered where these dates stem from, and how the so-called experts can know for certain. Ciscoking?
We have an audience recording with is almost complete but a few bits of Green Green Grass Of Home and Cant Help Falling In Love.

Heres the last part of the show.:

Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog
I'll Be There (excerpt)/
You're the Reason I'm Living
Can't Help Falling in Love

I cannot detect any cuts during this ending of the show. Since the show was recorded by a member of the audience and the cassette tape labelled respectively we can assume the song indeed stems from the show. Of course, the SB tape matches the audience recording, too.

Talking about Las Vegas Happening, I am completely agreeing with you. I always wondered whether the dates were right or not and I still have doubts.

Tracks 1-6 are pre show program dated March, 1975 DS and can stem from anything.

2001 Theme, CC Rider, I Got A Woman/Amen, Love Me are dated March 20.1975 DS but can easily also be March 28, 1975 MS or Dec 13, 1975 DS or MS. Has anybody ever checked ? We have an audience recording of March 20.1975 DS which is not good sounding but I will see if I can make out any matches a bit later to confirm.

Big Boss Man, My Boy, I'll Remember you, Hound Dog, Trilogy and If you Love Me are dated March 19, 1975 MS (we have no AR) but they could also stem from March 28, 1975 MS. We have to check.
Big Boss Man, I'll remember you, Hound Dog, Trilogy, My Boy & If You Love Me from march 19th doesn't match up to the march 28th MS. So i'm assuming those are dated correctly..
checking the first 4 songs with the audience recording of march 20th ds. - March 20th DS is correct.
You happen to know whether the 4 songs we have as SB all all complete..? Or are there cuts..especially I Got A Woman..?

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Robert wrote:
ElvisFan99 wrote:March 22 Midnight Show in Vegas. What a show, and - especially - what a setlist: certainly one of the best ever! There's "Green Green Grass Of Home", there's "It's Midnight", there's "Promised Land", there's "My Boy", there's "You're The Reason I'm Living"... hot damn, there are even "Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog"! :D

By the way, Elvis is in P-E-R-F-E-C-T voice there, too!
Definitely one of the best '75 shows indeed.
Add New York and Asheville and you have list with outstanding shows for the year.
How do we know that "You're the Reason I'm Living" is from the March 22 MS? For that matter, how do the experts know the first four tracks are from the March 20 DS? On Las Vegas Happening, which was the last outing of this show, we even get bonus tracks from the March 19 MS. I've always wondered where these dates stem from, and how the so-called experts can know for certain. Ciscoking?
We have an audience recording with is almost complete but a few bits of Green Green Grass Of Home and Cant Help Falling In Love.

Heres the last part of the show.:

Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog
I'll Be There (excerpt)/
You're the Reason I'm Living
Can't Help Falling in Love

I cannot detect any cuts during this ending of the show. Since the show was recorded by a member of the audience and the cassette tape labelled respectively we can assume the song indeed stems from the show. Of course, the SB tape matches the audience recording, too.

Talking about Las Vegas Happening, I am completely agreeing with you. I always wondered whether the dates were right or not and I still have doubts.

Tracks 1-6 are pre show program dated March, 1975 DS and can stem from anything.

2001 Theme, CC Rider, I Got A Woman/Amen, Love Me are dated March 20.1975 DS but can easily also be March 28, 1975 MS or Dec 13, 1975 DS or MS. Has anybody ever checked ? We have an audience recording of March 20.1975 DS which is not good sounding but I will see if I can make out any matches a bit later to confirm.

Big Boss Man, My Boy, I'll Remember you, Hound Dog, Trilogy and If you Love Me are dated March 19, 1975 MS (we have no AR) but they could also stem from March 28, 1975 MS. We have to check.
Big Boss Man, I'll remember you, Hound Dog, Trilogy, My Boy & If You Love Me from march 19th doesn't match up to the march 28th MS. So i'm assuming those are dated correctly..
checking the first 4 songs with the audience recording of march 20th ds. - March 20th DS is correct.
You happen to know whether the 4 songs we have as SB all all complete..? Or are there cuts..especially I Got A Woman..?
Will check it out.

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Thank you, Ciscoking and Johnny2523. Much appreciated. ::rocks

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Ken Jensen wrote:Thank you, Ciscoking and Johnny2523. Much appreciated. ::rocks
The songs from March 19, 1975 MS remain a mystery. They could also stem from April 1, 1975 DS. Acc to Keith this show was also recorded on SB. Trilogy must be from somewhere else. I would also take the date for the pre show songs also just with greatest reservations.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

I enjoy that show on the "A Profile" set... whichever day in March it is from... I also really like the Memphis show in June. I almost forgot the Dinner at Eight show in December is a pretty good listen too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

The March 22, 1975 MS date is sure. We have an audience recording and it matches the SB.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:
The songs from March 19, 1975 MS remain a mystery. They could also stem from April 1, 1975 DS. Acc to Keith this show was also recorded on SB. Trilogy must be from somewhere else. I would also take the date for the pre show songs also just with greatest reservations.

See See Rider - March 20th DS - Correct
I Got A Woman/Amen - March 20 DS, Audience Recording contains gaps, but matches.
Love Me - March 20 DS, Audience Recording Matches

No splicing noticed.

The march 19th recording of hound dog dont match the april 1st DS. I checked hound dog with these dates

March 21st DS & MS
March 22 DS
March 25 DS
March 26 MS
March 27 MS
March 28 MS
March 29 DS
March 30 DS
March 31st DS & MS
April 1st DS

- No match. Onto the next songs.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Great detective work !

It would of course be interesting to find a match from one song with one AR circulating. Then we had it.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:Great detective work !

It would of course be interesting to find a match from one song with one AR circulating. Then we had it.
Thank you
Well as I said before if you love me let me know supposedly from the 19th resembles the march 18th opening night version. The other songs don't match that show.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I have my doubts. Where is the remainder of the show ? I dont think that only this small portion was recorded. Thats not typical. I smell something like "taken from known SBs". And I guess the pre show program is in fact the same date as March 22, 1975 MS. They used what they didnt use back then cause its more or less uninteresting. Just a guess. Using a new date makes the whole affair more appealing. You must think like a bootlegger.

drjohncarpenter

Ciscoking wrote:I have my doubts. Where is the remainder of the show ? I dont think that only this small portion was recorded. Thats not typical. I smell something like "taken from known SBs". And I guess the pre show program is in fact the same date as March 22, 1975 MS. They used what they didnt use back then cause its more or less uninteresting. Just a guess. Using a new date makes the whole affair more appealing. You must think like a bootlegger.
I smell something too! ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:I have my doubts. Where is the remainder of the show ? I dont think that only this small portion was recorded. Thats not typical. I smell something like "taken from known SBs". And I guess the pre show program is in fact the same date as March 22, 1975 MS. They used what they didnt use back then cause its more or less uninteresting. Just a guess. Using a new date makes the whole affair more appealing. You must think like a bootlegger.
Where the remainder of the show is i wouldn't know.

i just got done comparing the other songs.
No matches to any of the dates i mentioned before.
I guess for now we'll have to settle for March 19th being the right date of these songs.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Small update. If You Love Me Let Me Know is not the march 18th.
Just been comparing it over and over and there are some differences,
This now makes every song as released as March 19th, unique, not being from all those other dates.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

See See Rider - March 20th DS - Correct
I Got A Woman/Amen - March 20 DS, Audience Recording contains gaps, but matches.
Love Me - March 20 DS, Audience Recording Matches

No splicing noticed.

The march 19th recording of hound dog dont match the april 1st DS. I checked hound dog with these dates

March 21st DS & MS
March 22 DS
March 25 DS
March 26 MS
March 27 MS
March 28 MS
March 29 DS
March 30 DS
March 31st DS & MS
April 1st DS

- No match. Onto the next songs.
Acc. to Francesc site Hound Dog was sung here in March...and April 1, DS

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/dboutput.php?search_tourref=search_tourref&search_month=March&search_day=search_day&search_year=1975&search_city=search_city&search_state=search_state&search_suit=search_suit&search_musician=search_musician&search_song=Hound+Dog&search_pics=search_pics&search_cd=search_cd&search_vid=search_vid&search_aud=search_aud

so there could still be a match somewhere...perhaps i will do it..

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Ciscoking wrote:The March 22, 1975 MS date is sure. We have an audience recording and it matches the SB.
Always assuming the audience recording is correctly dated. :wink:

Albert Goldman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Albert Goldman »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Perhaps you should check your pants. :wink:

drjohncarpenter

Albert Goldman wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Perhaps you should check your pants. :wink:
Given author Albert Goldman's mirthless zeal to discuss Elvis' incontinence in detail in his now-discredited 1981 biography, Elvis, it is no surprise that a member who uses the name as his personal log-in, and a smirking photo as his personal avatar, makes such a comment. Two peas in a pod-duh.

Carry on.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

James27

Post by James27 »

Great choices, Johnny! And your choices generally mirror mine. I also would include for myself the Asheville 22-23/7 shows (knowing they are audience recordings obviously), Elvis in Asheville was something else... but I agree the 24th closer was the best! He felt challenged or in a generous mood according to certain sources while others say he was insecure and thus wanted to over-compensate... Whatever the reason: Elvis delivered the goods to his fans! What a surprising concert this was when I first heard it. Totally unpredictable, the way I like it.

That on good sounding soundboard would be a collector's dream. Or better: all of the Asheville shows on soundboard in a deluxe box with book (I can dream... :wink: ). But I'm happy as it is. Let's think for a moment nobody from the audience would have recorded this show of the 24th. That would mean a (to me) very important and significant show lost in time. And the AR is lively and not too bad. :) The Uniondale 19/7 shows were also awesome. :o
Johnny2523 wrote:I love the 1975 shows, I dont agree that there are no great concerts, Also i believe this is his most consistent year of live performances, since 1972.
I to love the march shows (Big Boss Man for example, the march 22 1975 show for example, or even the april fool shows!). my favourite personal shows are, and the ones i listen to the most from this year

1. Big Boss Man (March 28th MS)
2. Back With A Bang aka. The Las Vegas 1975 Happening (March 22 1975)
3. Dixieland Rocks (May 6 1975)
4. Deep Down South (June 3 1975)
5. Trying To Get To You aka. Goin back to houston (June 5 1975)
6. The Creeping Crud Express CD 2 and Another Saturday Night (June 7 1975 both shows)
7. Let Me Take You Home/Bringing It All Back Home (June 10 1975)
8. Pieces Of My Life (July 24 1975)
9. Las Vegas Years Vol 2 - Early Morning Rain (December 7 1975..stump on drums)
10. Good To Be Back (December 13 1975)

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.