Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

GIRL HAPPY STILL INCOMPLETE!

Mon May 12, 2003 2:12 pm

I do think there is a little dissapointment with the latest "Girl happy' soundtrack CD. This is because the songs "I've gotta find my baby" and "Wolf call" are still issued as incomplete with verses missing from both. I was hoping that this FTD label release would correct these errors. I know these two songs are no great shakes, but they may have been more listenable if the complete versions were included, if only from acetates which even exist on bootlegs!! Maybe they will re-issue this soundtrack AGAIN in about 5 years with the remastered, complete versions along with full fade-outs on the other songs!!!!???
TONY DOBB

Fri May 16, 2003 12:06 am

In a recent interview on (deleted - see guidelines #9).com, Ernst says they do not have the tapes with the full versions. This is why they were not issued.

Mike C

Fri May 16, 2003 5:17 am

What will happen when Spinout, Frankie & Johnny, Paradise Hawaiian Style, Kid Galahad, GI Blues, Blue Hawaii and possible others come along with too much material to fit on a single CD?

I can't quite imagine FTD releasing a 4CD of GI Blues - the package format would have to change and would we pay $100 :?:

For this reson alone I feel that we could be in for major dissapointments. :(

Fri May 16, 2003 5:35 am

What will happen when Spinout, Frankie & Johnny, Paradise Hawaiian Style, Kid Galahad, GI Blues, Blue Hawaii and possible others come along with too much material to fit on a single CD?

I can't quite imagine FTD releasing a 4CD of GI Blues - the package format would have to change and would we pay $100?

For this reson [sic] alone I feel that we could be in for major dissapointments.:-(

Like "Spinout," "Frankie & Johnny," "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" and others were NOT major disappointments in 1965-66?

Fri May 16, 2003 6:11 am

Like "Spinout," "Frankie & Johnny," "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" and others were NOT major disappointments in 1965-66?

Just curious Doc. Do you have these albums?

8)

Fri May 16, 2003 3:27 pm

Mike C wrote:In a recent interview on disney.com, Ernst says they do not have the tapes with the full versions. This is why they were not issued.

Mike C

Where on disney.com is that interview?

Fri May 16, 2003 4:19 pm

KiwiAlan -

Ernst/Roger/BMG never said these FTD soundtracks would be complete.

What they said was that they would contain the original masters + released outtakes + unreleased outtakes - space permitting.

We aren't going to get a 'G I Blues' compilation along the lines of 'The Cafe Europa Sessions' !

Or anything like 'The Complete Spinout Sessions' !

We'll get what they promised; the original album tracks plus some extras.

We shouldn't feel disappointed with that.

Colin B

Sat May 17, 2003 10:33 pm

I don’t think we will get FTD releases of “GI Blues” or “Blue Hawaii”. The idea behind the FTD re-issues was to make deleted masters available to the fans that wanted them, and as upgraded versions of both of these soundtracks, are still available as part of BMG’s current catalogue, I can’t see them being issued again through FTD.

Sun May 18, 2003 1:27 am

When I suggested major disapointments I was meaning those who will complain and moan along the lines of "what's wrong with Ernst -he didn't include take 19 of "xxx" on "YYY".

You are right Doc - my major dissapointments happened throughout the 60's with each soundtrack issue.

The most interest was how bad the next one will be :D

"Easy Come Easy Go" was the nadir for me. Indescribable writing - disinterested musicans and voice over to boot.

Sun May 18, 2003 5:27 am

rockinrebel wrote:I don’t think we will get FTD releases of “GI Blues” or “Blue Hawaii”. The idea behind the FTD re-issues was to make deleted masters available to the fans that wanted them, and as upgraded versions of both of these soundtracks, are still available as part of BMG’s current catalogue, I can’t see them being issued again through FTD.

It would be nice to include all soundtracks this way, so we can have a complete collection all matching in the 7 inch covers.

:twisted:

Studio Chatter

Sun May 18, 2003 6:43 am

Regarding the new Girl Happy FTD release, what I found interesting wa after E messed up, and the engineer says that the first part was "okay", E replies, "it's okay--I don't like okay."

Too bad that philosphy didn't stick until the end.

Terry

Tue May 20, 2003 11:28 pm

T. Presley:
I meant (deleted - see guidelines #9).com - I screwed the spelling in the original post. My fault :oops: