Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lisa Marie Has Been Listening to "Close Up"

Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:47 pm

I have a friend in Australia, who has been following Lisa Marie's various appearances on TV and radio lately. My friend commented that one of the interviewers asked Lisa Marie if she had been listening to any special Elvis' recordings lately. Lisa Marie commented that she had been listening to Elvis' new box set scheduled for release in July, 2003. Lisa Marie went on to say that she has been particularly enjoying a really great version of "How Great Thou Art." This has to be the San Antonio, Texas version from April, 1972. I thought this interesting.

Mystery Train

Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:07 pm

No fair!! How does she get to listen long before we do....oh wait.....that whole Presley thing...nevermind. I, for one, was not too excited when I saw the track listing, but am looking forward to the San Antonio show. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Tom

Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:16 pm

Dont you think that sounds a little bit BS?

Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:18 pm

No person at the moment can possibly comment on something which is not even finalised yet. I would love to see the transcrypt of this interview.

E-Cat

Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:48 pm

My source is very reliable. Frankly, I was surprised that Lisa Marie even listens to Elvis' music, much less something as contemporary as the forthcoming box set. Isn't it possible that Lisa Marie has been provided CD-Rs of the new box set (by BMG?? or Ernst Jorgensen??)

Mystery Train

Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:37 am

I find it more than feasible that Lisa may have heard "Close-Up" in either finished form or as a tape compilation.

It's release date is July, we are now in the middle of April - it's not far away.

We know the track sequencing. We know the finished art work so shouldn't it have been maunufactured already awaiting for release.

Especially if as I suspect the Home Shopping Network will have an early release. 8)

Re: Lisa Marie Has Been Listening to "Close Up"

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 am

:D

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 pm

episthebest wrote::D

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread with a smiley face..
There is no face-palm big enough..

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Is that big enough? :D

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm

KevinK wrote:
episthebest wrote::D

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread with a smiley face..
There is no face-palm big enough..

A relevant comment of some sort might have been a reasonable expectation. Maybe I'm too harsh.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Does it make any of you wonder if Ernst post/ship complimentary copies of any FTD series to Lisa Marie :?: It would be a noble gesture if he did :P

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I can't wait until this set comes out.

I'm getting it for sure!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:32 am

Are we still in 2003 ? I must have had a 10 year lapse. Damn those meds ! :facep: