Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: new bootleg coming out: Living the pain

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:25 am

sweetangeline wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The shows towards the end of this gig were not bad..and this one is no exception..I hope they didn`t
use the known The Concert Years Vol. 50 cd-r source (wrongly dated Aug 21, 1972 DS) and have a new tape source....an indicator for the cd-r would be Bridge Over Troubled Water cause it is incomplete there..let`s wait and see..otherwise..thumbs up !

...did you not refer to this label once as the "Shitty Record" label??, pretty sure I read that somewhere...so I`m not getting my hopes up :wink:

SR stands for second rate...absolutely...this is why I wrote the above. I doubt they found a new source and just used the cd-r floating around for years now. But I like the show.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:32 pm

YDKM wrote::twisted: Well this is just a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME crikey... from the SR(Second Rate Label) :cry:
a show i already have had for YEARS (in good sound) and their description of an 'early generation tape' could easily apply to mine! :roll:
terrible title, awful and known 'BAD ' label..... waste of money and i will 100% completely avoid this and go back to living the pain by eating another roast pork crackling thanks SR!~reading my Shane Brown book thanks :wink: :roll: :P

True SR have done some stinkers over the years, and this sounds like a real hooter of a release, i can smell the stench from here ..........

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 pm

When they say «the sound was restored in a studio to achieve best possible results», it actually means someone played around with the sound on their home computer, right?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Mister Mike wrote:When they say «the sound was restored in a studio to achieve best possible results», it actually means someone played around with the sound on their home computer, right?

Probably, yes...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:When they say «the sound was restored in a studio to achieve best possible results», it actually means someone played around with the sound on their home computer, right?

Probably, yes...

:lol:

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Amazing!! There are reviews how it's gonna be even before one note is heard!! :D

It never ceases to amaze me... as someone ever said...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 pm

JohanD wrote:Amazing!! There are reviews how it's gonna be even before one note is heard!! :D

No reviews..but the show is known for ages and it is known for ages that SR is a second rate label which has often been proved...and we were wondering if they "do it again" or if they have a new source..I doubt it..the incomplete Bridge Over Troubled Water is the indicator.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:00 pm

someone got this cd now?
how is it?

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am

Living the Pain is it a metaphor for life? :)

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:54 pm

surprisingly good cd

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 pm

elvis1977br wrote:surprisingly good cd

really? :shock:
if so how is the sound and how complete are the songs?
i see dealers are selling the CD...so it's available.... but how good is it?? :?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 pm

YDKM wrote:
elvis1977br wrote:surprisingly good cd

really? :shock:
if so how is the sound and how complete are the songs?
i see dealers are selling the CD...so it's available.... but how good is it?? :?

See See Rider:
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/96777043/file.html
It´s not SA but...

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Hmm at best 6.5/10 sound (bit muddy/wavering actually)and so similar to my cassette tape of the show why bother?- bet bridge isn't complete either?! :|

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 am

I'm considering getting this one myself. This is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, Vegas season and I do not own a compete concert from that time.

How's the booklet? Pictures from that season are rare. Are there any?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 am

Straight Arrows "TO LIVE AND DIE IN DIXIE" (2013 2 x cd release)gave me 2 x good shows from 19th Feb this season ONLY missing a version of 'HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT"....therefore in such 'average sound' i cannot justify getting this show just for one new song on CD :?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 am

Austin wrote:I'm considering getting this one myself. This is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, Vegas season and I do not own a compete concert from that time.

How's the booklet? Pictures from that season are rare. Are there any?

No booklet:

Brigde:
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/25068379/file.html

::rocks

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

For all those who "knew" this was gonna be a second rate product... wrong guys!!

This is an excellent complete recorded show in very decent sound.
I like it very, VERY much.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:10 pm

JohanD wrote:For all those who "knew" this was gonna be a second rate product... wrong guys!!

This is an excellent complete recorded show in very decent sound.
I like it very, VERY much.

Its for die hard collectors...nothing more...sound is average at best. Nothing to brag about.
But it seems complete and it sounds better than the cdr..right.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm not too pleased with the sound either...

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:20 pm

:? ah huh.....so COMPLETE.... half a mark to SR..then :wink: :roll: :?
and version is 'good' but sound quality-Yuk...only 6/10 at very best!!!!!!! :?
NOT buying this release!

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:03 pm

The "experts" from SR forgot to mention on the cover and in their press release that the intros are missing...so it is what it is..Second Rate.....

Alternate title.....Researching with pain..

:roll:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The "experts" from SR forgot to mention on the cover and in their press release that the intros are missing...so it is what it is..Second Rate.....

huh, but it lists track 16 as ''Band introductions''

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The "experts" from SR forgot to mention on the cover and in their press release that the intros are missing...so it is what it is..Second Rate.....

huh, but it lists track 16 as ''Band introductions''

They should have added .."(missing)".......on the cdr we have them..would have been zero prob to insert
them from there..and mention it on the cover...the sound of the SR is indeed better...and the pitch is also correct..the cdr runs way too fast..another missed opportunity to get rid of the title .."second rate label"..

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:54 pm

i KNEW IT...Leopards don't change their spots~ :cry:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:55 pm

I always try to buy the new releases but even i'm not gonna be wasting my money on this. i think its gonna be a home made silver so it looks like the real thing. great bridge is complete but omg the recording of it aren't great.