Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Some are through with soundboards. I am through with stories about Elvis' personal life. I enjoy the occasional, good-natured story but refuse to read anything that puts Elvis in a bad light and I don't want to ever read another book about him (only about his music, tours, and sessions). The more I read crap like this the less I like the guy, and I don't want to go down that road, I want him to remain a hero.


They say; never meet your heroes!

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 pm

longtallelvis wrote:Also, Elvis was impotent.


It has been said that Elvis was impotent but we don't know to what extent. The excitement of the first time with her maybe was enough to get him going. We'll never know if he was medically impotent or just too stoned most of the time to perform or just bored with it after so many conquests.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 pm

longtallelvis wrote:Also, Elvis was impotent.


How ironic your login name is "longtallelvis."

Thanks for adding to the discussion. :smt023

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:06 pm

The excerpts i've read from this book sounds like a load of drivel to me and quite boring too.

Though there's obviously elements of truth in her story's but i get the impression it's not the whole truth, m' lord. It reads like a fiction - particularly when she talks about when they first made love, i almost felt sick.

I don't think she could tell the truth if she tried.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 am

eligain wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Some are through with soundboards. I am through with stories about Elvis' personal life. I enjoy the occasional, good-natured story but refuse to read anything that puts Elvis in a bad light and I don't want to ever read another book about him (only about his music, tours, and sessions). The more I read crap like this the less I like the guy, and I don't want to go down that road, I want him to remain a hero.


They say; never meet your heroes!


According to Lamar Elvis' farts smelled something terrible.

What could anybody still write in 2014 that would shock us Elvis fans I wonder.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 am

Simon1 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Some are through with soundboards. I am through with stories about Elvis' personal life. I enjoy the occasional, good-natured story but refuse to read anything that puts Elvis in a bad light and I don't want to ever read another book about him (only about his music, tours, and sessions). The more I read crap like this the less I like the guy, and I don't want to go down that road, I want him to remain a hero.


They say; never meet your heroes!


According to Lamar Elvis' farts smelled something terrible.

What could anybody still write in 2014 that would shock us Elvis fans I wonder.


What was the percentage of time that Lamar smelled Elvis' farts?

Were they loud(vs. silent)?

Pungent (vs. squeaky and short)?

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:11 am

jurasic1968 wrote:The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.


He threw it at her. Everybody in his family threw stuff when they got angry. (Like the Gatorade bottle story above.) It did land unpleasantly. That's not the same thing, though.

As for the timing, well, she was going to do this at such time as she wrote her book, and she did it now.

There's a recent backstory to the Aldens, you know. So, I am not getting it no matter what it said.

rjm

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

rjm wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.


He threw it at her. Everybody in his family threw stuff when they got angry. (Like the Gatorade bottle story above.) It did land unpleasantly. That's not the same thing, though.

As for the timing, well, she was going to do this at such time as she wrote her book, and she did it now.

There's a recent backstory to the Aldens, you know. So, I am not getting it no matter what it said.

rjm


I don't buy much of Alden's story. She's saving for retirement with this book.

She's doing it her way.

Elvis only wanted her for a trophy. Who cares about her? By that point, he was emotionally checked out anyway.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:56 am

longtallelvis wrote:
rjm wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.


He threw it at her. Everybody in his family threw stuff when they got angry. (Like the Gatorade bottle story above.) It did land unpleasantly. That's not the same thing, though.

As for the timing, well, she was going to do this at such time as she wrote her book, and she did it now.

There's a recent backstory to the Aldens, you know. So, I am not getting it no matter what it said.

rjm


I don't buy much of Alden's story. She's saving for retirement with this book.

She's doing it her way.

Elvis only wanted her for a trophy. Who cares about her? By that point, he was emotionally checked out anyway.

By who words Elvis' or Dick Grob's ?
Anyway thanks again for adding to the discussion. :smt023

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am

rjm wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.


He threw it at her. Everybody in his family threw stuff when they got angry. (Like the Gatorade bottle story above.) It did land unpleasantly. That's not the same thing, though.

rjm


Oh, that's make it all ok so. The next time I get have an argument with my wife and I throw a pool cue at her and cause some serious damage, i won't feel so bad.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:00 pm

rjm wrote:
TINML wrote:I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.


It's not a "fact" just because one person says it.

No other woman has ever said that he deliberately struck them, and in EWH, they wrote that it wasn't "his style." Which is rather crude, but it appears true and corroborated.

Priscilla did reveal something bad that he did the night they broke up. But that was actually only a corroboration; it was said earlier in EWH. She had told one of the wives. But she never said he struck her, nor has any woman until this one.

----

The whole thing sounds nasty. As if this is their revenge for Vernon not paying off their mortgage.

rjm

Sent via mobile


Not everything can be corroborated, if a friend of yours said that her husband beats her at home, would you ignore it, just because no one else can "corroborate" it.

And if Elvis did rape Priscilla, and hit Ginger, how would you feel about it?

Personally I believe both Priscilla and Ginger.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

memfisking wrote:
rjm wrote:
TINML wrote:I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.


It's not a "fact" just because one person says it.

No other woman has ever said that he deliberately struck them, and in EWH, they wrote that it wasn't "his style." Which is rather crude, but it appears true and corroborated.

Priscilla did reveal something bad that he did the night they broke up. But that was actually only a corroboration; it was said earlier in EWH. She had told one of the wives. But she never said he struck her, nor has any woman until this one.

----

The whole thing sounds nasty. As if this is their revenge for Vernon not paying off their mortgage.

rjm

Sent via mobile


Not everything can be corroborated, if a friend of yours said that her husband beats her at home, would you ignore it, just because no one else can "corroborate" it.

And if Elvis did rape Priscilla, and hit Ginger, how would you feel about it?

Personally I believe both Priscilla and Ginger.


I believe Priscilla because it was the second place it was published. First of all, she told someone at the time it happened. It was in EWH.

She didn't call it that (the movie did), but that's what it was. Marital rape.

How do I feel about it? Well, he did a really, really bad thing. I don't think it makes him a bad person; it happened only once. And there could have been complicating factors - perhaps substances. But no excuses: he did it. I don't feel good about it. But everyone has done something they deeply regret. He wasn't Jesus, after all. Seriously, I think we all have something we wish with all our hearts that we had not done. (When I was 9, I wouldn't open a closet door that a little girl was behind. I leaned on it; she was crying and banging to get out. I don't entirely know why I did it. And I still feel horrible about it to this day.)

I think Priscilla felt it would be wrong to keep it a secret forever. Because it wasn't a secret anyway; it was already in a another book. She just confirmed it. If she didn't get it out, it would make all the good memories seem like a lie. At least to her.

Look, maybe he shoved Ginger when he shouldn't have - but in 1977, his mind was messed up. That wasn't normal for him.

This is not about a living person. It's not about a neighbor I have to protect. He's dead. He hurt himself far, far more than anyone else. He also did far more good than anything bad, I think.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 pm

memfisking wrote:
rjm wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.


He threw it at her. Everybody in his family threw stuff when they got angry. (Like the Gatorade bottle story above.) It did land unpleasantly. That's not the same thing, though.

rjm


Oh, that's make it all ok so. The next time I get have an argument with my wife and I throw a pool cue at her and cause some serious damage, i won't feel so bad.


You made your point. But he didn't even know her. It's not like he beat her up; he threw something because at the time he took S.O.B. literally. It was a crazy thing to do.

Elvis threw things. What can I say?

Where do you think "Dodger" got that nickname?

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 pm

I have a feeling that Ginger was "caught in a trap" and would have got out if she could have done so easily.

Yeah, yeah, she was in it for the money and reflected glory, etc., etc. But, as others have said, how do you say "no" to Elvis ? My other thought is, to what extent will the story have been sensationalized, possibly against Ginger's better wishes ?

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

rjm wrote:
memfisking wrote:
rjm wrote:
TINML wrote:I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.


It's not a "fact" just because one person says it.

No other woman has ever said that he deliberately struck them, and in EWH, they wrote that it wasn't "his style." Which is rather crude, but it appears true and corroborated.

Priscilla did reveal something bad that he did the night they broke up. But that was actually only a corroboration; it was said earlier in EWH. She had told one of the wives. But she never said he struck her, nor has any woman until this one.

----

The whole thing sounds nasty. As if this is their revenge for Vernon not paying off their mortgage.

rjm

Sent via mobile


Not everything can be corroborated, if a friend of yours said that her husband beats her at home, would you ignore it, just because no one else can "corroborate" it.

And if Elvis did rape Priscilla, and hit Ginger, how would you feel about it?

Personally I believe both Priscilla and Ginger.

Marital rape.

How do I feel about it? Well, he did a really, really bad thing. I don't think it makes him a bad person; it happened only once.

rjm

Sent via mobile


Rape is rape, regardless of who is being raped. And I cannot believe what you have written. You need some serious help.

Try telling a woman that her husband isn't really a bad person because he only raped her once.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm

All these years we've read and heard that Elvis wouldn't or didn't ever have sex with women he was contemplating marriage to....but he did with ginger.
Revelations.....yeah.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 pm

GetLow wrote:All these years we've read and heard that Elvis wouldn't or didn't ever have sex with women he was contemplating marriage to....but he did with ginger.
Revelations.....yeah.


His hangups actually had to do with with women who had borne children, married or unmarried.

As I type this, I'm thinking, "Why do we need to know this?"

To paraphrase what syndicated columnist Bob Greene once wrote, "Everybody told on him."

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 pm

elvisjock wrote:
GetLow wrote:All these years we've read and heard that Elvis wouldn't or didn't ever have sex with women he was contemplating marriage to....but he did with ginger.
Revelations.....yeah.


His hangups actually had to do with with women who had borne children, married or unmarried.

As I type this, I'm thinking, "Why do we need to know this?"

To paraphrase what syndicated columnist Bob Greene once wrote, "Everybody told on him."


That's what I've always read as well.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The excerpts do not bode well for the book providing the kind of insight one might expect from someone that close to Elvis.

Agreed... and I'm sure she had plenty of coaching on how and what she put into the book... not my cup of tea.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 pm

elvisjock wrote:As I type this, I'm thinking, "Why do we need to know this?"

Exactly... this applies to so much of the crap that has been written about Elvis... Elvis had a fetish for women in white cotton panties... big deal?? I think I have the same fetish...

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 pm

I cancelled my proorder for this book , once I woke up and smelled the coffee

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:50 am

Image



Help........get him off me.........I can't breathe.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:57 am

I would bet that 99% of this book is positive, but the NY Post published the few outrageous stories as excerpts in order to attract readers.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 am

Elvis was an impotent rapist with a terrible temper and his farts didn't smell of roses.I'm with Keith I'll stick to the music and stop reading Shi t like this

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:26 am

This thread makes me feel uncomfortable about my own fanship. I admit i was curious as to what kind of person Elvis was in his private life. And i am disappointed. Not in Elvis but in myself. Like i was too curious and wanted to know too much. I won't be getting this book, i think.