Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1906104

Elvis Presley’s fiancée Ginger Alden details the King’s bad temper, secluded Graceland life, and luxurious gifts in new memoir

Ginger Alden's new tell-all memoir 'Elvis & Ginger: Elvis Presley’s Fiancée and Last Love Finally Tells Her Story' reveals intimate details about their relationship before the King's death. Alden describes Presley's bouts with gunfire, rare ventures beyond his Graceland bedroom and more in her book, which is set to release Sept. 2.

BY Sherryl Connelly /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /

Saturday, August 16, 2014, 10:49 PM

'Elvis & Ginger' is on sale Sept. 2.

Elvis Presley promised Ginger Alden “the wedding of the century” before they went to sleep at Graceland on that hot August night in 1977. The next time she saw him, he was dead on the bathroom floor.

“Elvis & Ginger: Elvis Presley’s Fiancée and Last Love Finally Tells Her Story” is Alden’s anticipated new memoir — in which she at long last reveals the intimate details of the King’s strange courtship down to its terrifying moments.

Alden was 20, living at home with her parents in their modest Memphis home when her sister Terry, the then-reigning Miss Tennessee, got a call from Graceland. It was late on a Saturday night in November, but the King wanted to know if she could come over. Terry asked if she could bring her two sisters.

The women were given a tour of the ground floor of Graceland while they waited several hours for Elvis to make his entrance. Ironically, it was one of the few times that Alden ever saw the downstairs. Though she would soon all but live at the famed mansion, her life with Elvis was confined to the upstairs bedroom suite.

Elvis, 41, finally appeared and was immediately taken with Alden. He read to her that night from Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet.” They would spend many nights like that, Elvis reading aloud from his texts of Eastern spiritualism or books on numerology.

Steve Morley/Redferns

Elvis Presley promised Ginger Alden 'the wedding of the century' before his death.

She first joined him on tour in Las Vegas, where he sent her to luxury stores in the hotel lobby to buy expensive gowns to wear to his shows. Then came the jewelry. Just before the show one night, he asked her to close her eyes. When she opened them, there was a gold diamond cluster ring on her finger.

At almost the same moment, he placed a ring of sapphires and diamonds on her other hand, announcing, “You have to have backups.” Elvis produced two more diamond rings. A couple of days later, he gifted her with a new Lincoln Mark V.

But she was also treated to her first taste of the King’s temper. When she refused to immediately break up by phone with a man she had been seeing, Elvis slammed into the next room, where his entourage sat. With an audience, he hurled a bottle of Gatorade against the wall.

Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

Elvis Presley spent most of his days and nights in his Graceland bedroom and adjoining office.

It was that night that they first made love. Elvis opened her robe, but refused to strip off all of her lingerie. His pajamas didn’t come entirely off, either. “I don’t believe people should be completely undressed until they’re married,” he told her before consummating their relationship.

Before his next show, he gave her another diamond necklace and a diamond watch.

BobKleinMedia.com

The couple kept their engagement quiet, not wanting to surprise his daughter with the news until plans were formalized.

Alden noticed that while they were in Vegas, she saw nothing beyond the hotel suite and the showroom. Elvis didn’t get out much.

Back at Graceland, he spent most of his days and nights upstairs in his pajamas, rarely venturing beyond his bedroom or adjoining office. In their time together, she never saw him eat at a table. Meals were delivered to them in bed.

To spruce up, Elvis might throw on a jeweled blue bathrobe. Or if there was a need to leave the house, he would pull a jumpsuit over his pajamas and strap on a belt to accommodate the gun he always carried. Among his many firearms, Elvis owned several magnums.

One night, when she couldn’t stay awake to keep reading with him, she saw one of the magnums in action — or rather heard it. A deafening roar woke her up. Elvis had fired the pistol at the wall over the headboard.

He explained that he had asked her to get him some more yogurt and she hadn’t jumped to. “It was an attention-getter,” he explained.

Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

Elvis Presley proposed to Ginger Alden barely three months after they met.

Elvis and guns were a dangerous combination. One night, when the toilet started to gurgle, he blasted it with a machine gun. More frightening was the day he raced into the yard with the machine gun after spotting his daughter, Lisa, being pursued by someone with a gun. Alden made him see that Lisa was being chased by a child with a toy pistol.

He once shot the television when he didn’t like the program. Another time he fired at the phone when it disturbed him. Alden blamed such erratic moments on his mood swings.

Ginger Alden was frequently given jewels and other lavish gifts during her relationship with Elvis Presley.

She was always worried by the “sleep packets” delivered nightly by the nurse who lived in a trailer out back. Often, Elvis would need to be dosed more than once throughout the night. But if she said anything, he would fly into a rage.

She couldn’t even risk reproaching him about the enormous quantities of food he would gorge on. One night, on vacation in Hawaii, she tried to reason with him that he had consumed so much papaya juice that day he really didn’t need any more.

Furious, he announced, “We’re leaving Hawaii because of you,” threatening to take her, her family and the huge entourage that had accompanied them home. When she walked out on his rant, he stormed into the room and slapped her across the ribs.

“No one ever walks out on me when I’m talking,” he yelled.

Still, there were loving, generous gestures. He loaded Alden and her family with mink coats. Her parents drove a new car. He insisted on taking over the mortgage note on the family home when her parents refused to let him buy a new house. And always there was more jewelry, including many diamond-studded pieces.

Bill Doshier Jr/Harrison Daily Times

Ginger Alden and Elvis at Grandpa’s funeral.

Barely three months after they had met, Elvis seated Alden in a chair in his bathroom, dropped to his knee and presented her with a huge diamond ring, a center-cut stone surrounded by six smaller diamonds.

“Ginger, I’m asking you. Will you marry me?”

NBC/NBC via Getty Images

The new memoir reveals Elvis Presley didn't get out much outside of his performances.

They kept the engagement quiet, not wanting to surprise Lisa with the news until plans were formalized. He repeatedly told Alden that God would let him know when the time was right to wed. It was on a summer night that he set the date. They would marry that Christmas. It would be “the wedding of the century,” he said.

“I’ve thought about your gown. The dress should have a high collar and I would like it to have small rosebuds with gold threads through it. I’m gonna have someone work on it in Los Angeles,” he told her.

The next day, she got up about 2:20 p.m. Elvis wasn’t in the room but she noticed the door to his bathroom was cracked open. She relates what she saw.

“Elvis looked as if his entire body had completely frozen in a seated position while using the commode and then had fallen forward, in that fixed position directly in front of it.

“His legs were bent, the upper part of his chest and shoulders touched the ground, and his head was slightly turned to the left.”

Terry Alden/ courtesy of Terry Alden

The Cadillac pictured is another car that Elvis gave Ginger Alden.

The commotion was huge — little Lisa had to be blocked from the bathroom door — and there were attempts to revive him. But the King was officially pronounced dead, a victim of cardiac arrhythmia, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis on Aug. 16, 1977.

At the funeral, Alden took a backseat, though Priscilla Presley, Elvis’ ex-wife, whom Alden resembles, told her at the wake, “I know how much Elvis loved you.”

Soon after, Alden’s mother got a notice that the mortgage had not been paid. Even a lawsuit didn’t move the estate to fulfill Elvis’ promise. Alden was left with her box of jewels and memories that she has refused to share until now.

“Elvis & Ginger” is on sale Sept. 2.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:02 am

Elvis shoots toilet with machine gun. That'll be the story the media focuses on. Just watch.

And, there's the irony that Elvis' destruction of that innocent commode led to the installation of the "Cadillac of Crappers" (thank you Cole/Hutchinson) upon which he would meet his demise.

Thanks, Ginger.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:05 am

elvisjock wrote:Elvis shoots toilet with machine gun. That'll be the story the media focuses on. Just watch.

And, there's the irony that Elvis' destruction of that innocent commode led to the installation of the "Cadillac of Crappers" (thank you Cole/Hutchinson) upon which he would meet his demise.

Thanks, Ginger.
To be fair… The toilet machine gun story was told/written already.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 am

I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:25 am

Juan Luis wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Elvis shoots toilet with machine gun. That'll be the story the media focuses on. Just watch.

And, there's the irony that Elvis' destruction of that innocent commode led to the installation of the "Cadillac of Crappers" (thank you Cole/Hutchinson) upon which he would meet his demise.

Thanks, Ginger.
To be fair… The toilet machine gun story was told/written already.


Yes, but it's slipped under the radar thus far.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:36 am

elvisjock wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Elvis shoots toilet with machine gun. That'll be the story the media focuses on. Just watch.

And, there's the irony that Elvis' destruction of that innocent commode led to the installation of the "Cadillac of Crappers" (thank you Cole/Hutchinson) upon which he would meet his demise.

Thanks, Ginger.
To be fair… The toilet machine gun story was told/written already.


Yes, but it's slipped under the radar thus far.

Elvis is already known for shooting up TVs. I don't think that adding a toilet to the list will cause much commotion.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 am

The excerpts do not bode well for the book providing the kind of insight one might expect from someone that close to Elvis.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 am

TINML wrote:I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.


It's not a "fact" just because one person says it.

No other woman has ever said that he deliberately struck them, and in EWH, they wrote that it wasn't "his style." Which is rather crude, but it appears true and corroborated.

Priscilla did reveal something bad that he did the night they broke up. But that was actually only a corroboration; it was said earlier in EWH. She had told one of the wives. But she never said he struck her, nor has any woman until this one.

----

The whole thing sounds nasty. As if this is their revenge for Vernon not paying off their mortgage.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am

Elvis' mentality along with his moods and drugs, and just about everything else was getting worse by the time Ginger came along. I hardly think Ginger would wait 37 years to seek revenge. If everyone was expecting a nice little Cinderella story from the last year of Elvis' life with Ginger they may want to avoid this book.

Ginger Alden has just as much right as anyone who has written a book about their life with Presley, and I don't see any motive to wait almost 40 years after being with the man, to just fabricate a bunch of lies.... maybe the truth is what really has been holding her back..

After all she came along at worst part of the Elvis Presley story..

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:03 pm

promiseland wrote:Elvis' mentality along with his moods and drugs, and just about everything else was getting worse by the time Ginger came along. I hardly think Ginger would wait 37 years to seek revenge. If everyone was expecting a nice little Cinderella story from the last year of Elvis' life with Ginger they may want to avoid this book.

Ginger Alden has just as much right as anyone who has written a book about their life with Presley, and I don't see any motive to wait almost 40 years after being with the man, to just fabricate a bunch of lies.... maybe the truth is what really has been holding her back..

After all she came along at worst part of the Elvis Presley story..


Completely agree. It wasnt going to be a recreation of the army years or the early Memphis years like 54/55. This was 77, by most accounts he was barely functioning by this point, this will tell the story of what toll all the years had taken on the guy. I'm sure he will also come across as very loving and kind in this book.

Still looking forward to reading this.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Although the way those words are written seem quite sensational my guess is there are elements of the truth.
The poor guy was obviously a wreck and in serious trouble and desperate need of care. It's like he got rid of almost everyone out of fear that they too might write a book.
Is it co-incidental Elvis agreed to update his will? Who drove that that effort?
The book will be an interesting read, if not for just for the fun of pulling it apart and comparing to other people's accounts and known facts.
If Ginger admits to finding Elvis hours earlier before ringing her mother seeking advice what to do, she'll end up with a best seller.
Now I'm becoming a sensationalist!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 pm

A life that was out of control and totally messed up.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Some are through with soundboards. I am through with stories about Elvis' personal life. I enjoy the occasional, good-natured story but refuse to read anything that puts Elvis in a bad light and I don't want to ever read another book about him (only about his music, tours, and sessions). The more I read crap like this the less I like the guy, and I don't want to go down that road, I want him to remain a hero.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Just because it's Elvis everything gets blown up. I mean who doesn't blast away a toilet with a machine gun now and then.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Simon1 wrote:Just because it's Elvis everything gets blown up. I mean who doesn't blast away a toilet with a machine gun now and then.



Only after I've had a hot curry....

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 pm

I really don't think what Ginger Alden says in these excerpts is that bad

In fact her book sounds boring like it's nothing we hadn't heard before.

Elvis had mood swings and was often isolated in the last year of his life due in large part to drugs.

I've never read that before.

The only interesting tidbit was that Ginger Alden admits that they were intimate with one another.

People have speculated for years that Elvis and Ginger probably didn't have relations because of Elvis' drug problems but now we know otherwise.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Simon1 wrote:Just because it's Elvis everything gets blown up. I mean who doesn't blast away a toilet with a machine gun now and then.

Image
Ey Gin, that f***ing toilet made some noise. I'll get that bastard!

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:27 pm

londonflash wrote:A life that was out of control and totally messed up.


Elvis and Phil Spector were both fascinated by guns and never without one. They were both reckless. Deadly combination. Had Elvis lived , it would not be surprising if one of his bullets were to hit a person like Spector. Still a major problem in the USA is this fascination and love of guns. He wasnt even a hunter or target shooter. He just loved to collect & play with them. It disgusts me that Elvis was like this. No woman could deal with this.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:27 pm

elvis4life wrote:It was that night that they first made love. Elvis opened her robe, but refused to strip off all of her lingerie. His pajamas didn’t come entirely off, either. “I don’t believe people should be completely undressed until they’re married,” he told her before consummating their relationship.


Image

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 pm

GI Blues - you know that's not Ginger, but her sister, don't you?

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:
elvis4life wrote:It was that night that they first made love. Elvis opened her robe, but refused to strip off all of her lingerie. His pajamas didn’t come entirely off, either. “I don’t believe people should be completely undressed until they’re married,” he told her before consummating their relationship.


Image


One of the worst pictures I ever saw.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Elvis just didn't want to take off all of his clothes because he was out of shape. i don't believe he was that old fashioned. :roll: if u don't think u look good naked then u are going to be self concious about that. especially when u are The King. :D

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 pm

The only time Elvis hit a woman was in the 60's when he hit a girl named Judy with a cue pool stick when she called him a SOB, I think in 1962.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Also, Elvis was impotent.

Re: excerpts from Ginger's book in today's NY Daily News

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 pm

rjm wrote:
TINML wrote:I think the fact that he hit her is messed up.


It's not a "fact" just because one person says it.

No other woman has ever said that he deliberately struck them, and in EWH, they wrote that it wasn't "his style." Which is rather crude, but it appears true and corroborated.

Priscilla did reveal something bad that he did the night they broke up. But that was actually only a corroboration; it was said earlier in EWH. She had told one of the wives. But she never said he struck her, nor has any woman until this one.

----

The whole thing sounds nasty. As if this is their revenge for Vernon not paying off their mortgage.

rjm

Sent via mobile


Revenge 37 yars later?