Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
1015elvis
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Final Countdown To Midnight on youtube

Post by 1015elvis »

I might get into trouble for putting this on youtube but here you go both the dvd and Cd of the recent backdraft release Final Countdown To Midnight

A little less conversation

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Re: Final Countdown To Midnight on youtube

Post by elvislennon »

Oh how I love Freemake....Thanks.....Now I have the video as an avi......LOL!!!!!

Winston
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by Winston »

This is such a great performance of our man. It is so good to see a so long clip of this gig. THX for posting. :smt006

noone
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by noone »

Hopefully the makers makes money on this fantastic release so they can release more of their films. But if everything is free no one will make money and there will not be more releases like this.....buy the DVD & CD version instead!

roustabout2014
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by roustabout2014 »

Well BACKDRAFT sold out their initial release, they know youtube etc is basically a fact of life in the business they are in.

Box office over the years doesnt seem to have been hurt by the internet and the way films are distributed both officially and unofficially.

in the case of this set i dont think they helped themselves with the price this was selling for.

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

First time iv'e listened to this and im impressed with the strength of his voice for 76'

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Thanks a lot, 1015elvis for posting this great concert. Elvis is here far better than any 1977 live concert. Rapid City it's far inferior to this. Of course, Elvis in Pittsburgh is in great form. Unfortunately Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, Love Me, Jailhouse Rock, Can't help Falling in Love and I Got the Woman are weak played but this began years before.

elvis71
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by elvis71 »

Got my copy of "Final Countdown" today !!!..... I LOVE IT!! :D

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

:) Thanks man for posting it. It's really well put together.

I guess it's only the box set sold out is thst right? I might still be able to get the individual DVD at a music fair or something? Is it a proper DVD or a DVDR ?

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by dennyelvis »

U can get em like this now ............

Due to the enormous success of Backdraft's Box set 'Final Count to Midnight' it appears that not enough copies were pressed which have left Elvis fans having to go without.

Since 'Backdraft' are unable to process more copies of the box set due to logistical reasons, they will now release 'Super Jewel Case' Deluxe Versions of the 'Final Countdown To Midnight' set. A 2 CD version and a separate DVD only release, both with different front covers, contain a deluxe 24 page booklet inside of each, housed in a deluxe 'super jewel case' (See images). 'We would like to point out that the content of the booklet in both of the releases are entirely different from the box set that was recently released and that, the photographs and text information are not repeated to each of the releases'.

These are again in very limited supplies and dealers will be restricted on quantities.

In the meantime, the production team at 'Backdraft' would like to thank Elvis fans from around the world for their enormous support on this and our past releases.

In the near future 'Backdraft' will release a brand new unreleased soundboard (never before heard, not even as an audience recording) from the Las Vegas engagement from the Summer of 1970.

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

Topic author
1015elvis

Post by 1015elvis »

I waited a little while before putting it up so that the people that bought it could have it. I have had my copy for over a week and a half

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

It's nice to see this footage - although a little unfair putting it up complete on youtube, I feel. I don't support bootleggers anymore, but even so it seems a bit hasty (and those putting FTDs up on youtube certainly do no-one any favours).

That said, it's nice footage, and good to see Elvis sounding on good form at this point. Sadly, though, it also puts into perspective the average shows from this period. This NYE show is, after all, at least the standard that Elvis should have been performing at every night.

Topic author
1015elvis

Post by 1015elvis »

I try not to put up official or big releases. I have said no to the That's the way it is deluxe release cause I will get in trouble with that one. It is just one of those rare occasions i do it. Otherwise it is an old bootleg that has been out for a few year

murph1031
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by murph1031 »

I have to say that is very nice. Elvis sounds and looks great. I don't have much footage of him in concert, but this was great. I did have the old version of this show, but this is far and above, much better.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

1015elvis wrote:I try not to put up official or big releases. I have said no to the That's the way it is deluxe release cause I will get in trouble with that one. It is just one of those rare occasions i do it. Otherwise it is an old bootleg that has been out for a few year
I've never had problems with sony?

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

poormadpeter wrote:It's nice to see this footage - although a little unfair putting it up complete on youtube, I feel. I don't support bootleggers anymore, but even so it seems a bit hasty (and those putting FTDs up on youtube certainly do no-one any favours).

That said, it's nice footage, and good to see Elvis sounding on good form at this point. Sadly, though, it also puts into perspective the average shows from this period. This NYE show is, after all, at least the standard that Elvis should have been performing at every night.
What's the reason for not supporting bootleggers anymore?

Vinnie Terranova
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Vinnie Terranova »

Damn...what happened in January '77. I can imagine at the time, the mini tour gave great promise to all involved. What happened??? The aborted Nashville sessions? What?

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Johnny2523 wrote:What's the reason for not supporting bootleggers anymore?
I can weigh in on this from my perspective:

Personal choice (keeping things legal).
Haphazard mastering standards (too many VERY poorly mastered releases, in fact I do not recall a single title mastered to any degree of high standard).
Poor CD authoring and production quality (cheaply produced, back alley quality media, ugh).
Overinflated pricing (people bemoan FTD pricing but forget that bootleg CDs were about £17.50 (single), £27.50 (double) starting in the 90s).
Poor distribution (of course).
Subterfuge (faked material).
Politics (some real dicks operating in this arena with stupid agendas, often to the detriment of the overall fanbase).

For me it's just not worth it.

The final straw was parts of my collection starting to "rot", that and FTD were more and more providing better products with better sound. I got rid of the lot (those that remained saleable!) and haven't looked back. A little patience has seen the choice material make it out officially, in better sound generally anyway.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

The february season wasnt even that bad except for Feb.13 & 14
feb.12 sounds great (Altough audience Recording) rare funny how time slips away and help me. Guitar strap breaks at the end of see see rider which causes elvis to improvise his movements during the drum ending., i got a woman is performed without one!
Feb 13. average show, elvis sounds a bit horse, rare blueberry hill (Tony brown on piano)
feb 14. average show to, still sounds a bit horse, Great blueberry hill (this time elvis on the piano)
Feb 15 sounds great to, okay show (on audience, and soundboard altough the latter isn't that good of quality, rare big boss man for the time being), and all shook up for the last time, altough again sounding horse.
Feb 16 sounds great to, great soundboard quality, great performance of polk salad and where no one stands alone
feb 17. Great show, audience quality but still great! Unchained melody is beatiful
feb 18. Great show, also on audience, but two soundboard tracks in great quality where released on the final curtain, Good versions of release me and tryin to get to you
feb 19. Audience recording but seemed like a great show, footage shows elvis performing (near like) 1972 moves to polk salad annie with great karate ending
feb.20 okay, show not bad not good first attempt at moody blue, good versions of how great thou art and other songs. Elvis looked great to
feb 21. Elvis looked great, and performed his only version of moody blue, a rare reconsider baby (Awesome version) and other good performances.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Elvis' 1977 tours are train wrecks, every single one of them.

The short 5 night stint in December 1976 was truly the last hurrah for Elvis on stage, and even that is a tad overrated.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Matthew wrote:Elvis' 1977 tours are train wrecks, every single one of them.
B.S
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Johnny2523 wrote:
B.S
Seriously?

You can sit there with a straight face and state than even one of his 1977 tours is deserving of the rating: good?

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Matthew wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
B.S
Seriously?

You can sit there with a straight face and state than even one of his 1977 tours is deserving of the rating: good?
Yes i can! These rate for me as good
February 12
February 21
March 23
March 28
March 30
May 1
May 2
May 3
May 24 1977
May 25 1977
April 23
April 24
June 21
June 25
June 26

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

More power to you, but listing a handful of individual performances that you deem "good" doesn't change the record of that terrible year.

For the most part Elvis' shows were weak sounding, laboured, lethargic affairs, with thin, weak vocals masked by the occasional belter to "bring down the house".

As Shane states, Elvis' show quality on December 31st, 1976 should have been the bare minimum for all of his shows at this time. Sadly they were all far from it.

Elvis should not have walked onto a concert stage even once in 1977.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Matthew wrote:More power to you, but listing a handful of individual performances that you deem "good" doesn't change the record of that terrible year.

For the most part Elvis' shows were weak sounding, laboured, lethargic affairs, with thin, weak vocals masked by the occasional belter to "bring down the house".

As Shane states, Elvis' show quality on December 31st, 1976 should have been the bare minimum for all of his shows at this time. Sadly they were all far from it.

Elvis should not have walked onto a concert stage even once in 1977.
For the most part.. is not all shows.