Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: (UPDATED!) Memphis to Nashville '61 FTD book new promo v

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:36 am

Matthew wrote:Any updates on whether the Hawaii concert will be restored/remastered, or merely ported over from the old 1998 BMG CD?

It would be great for Sebastian to work his magic ala A Boy From Tupelo, an opportunity disappointingly overlooked for the Tupelo shows on FTD's recent Love Me Tender release.

It is likely too early to know, but FTD will certainly use a professional mastering engineer and professional studios to do their work on the original source.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It is likely too early to know, but FTD will certainly use a professional mastering engineer and professional studios to do their work on the original source.

I very much hope this is the case.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
davide wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

davide wrote:Pal and I attended the insiders conference today during Elvis week, where we talked about the process of making the books. We also talked about our next book project, which is currently in production, and will be Hawaii '61. We also had a chat with Priscilla about the books.

Thanks
David

Cool news about the upcoming book! 8). Does this mean that the accompanying cd will be a remastered cd of the Hawaii ´61 concert? :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Yes, the plan is to have the show on the accompanying CD.

Thanks
David

This is great news davide.

But does the new book cover the making of the "Blue Hawaii" film?

Be nice to have my question answered above.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 pm

davide wrote:

davide wrote:Pal and I attended the insiders conference today during Elvis week, where we talked about the process of making the books. We also talked about our next book project, which is currently in production, and will be Hawaii '61. We also had a chat with Priscilla about the books.

Thanks
David

Cool news about the upcoming book! 8). Does this mean that the accompanying cd will be a remastered cd of the Hawaii ´61 concert? :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thanks
David

We now have enough materials for the book to cover just the Hawaii concert, so Blue Hawaii won't feature in this project - hope this helps.

With thanks
David

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

So is it confirmed that Sony has the original source tape of the Hawaii performance -- or is it a dub? Recall that The Return to Vegas 1969 Vegas FTD CD was sourced from an RCA dub tape prepared for vinyl with fade ins and fade outs -- so it is at least one step removed from the master tape. Will FTD perform a fresh transfer to digital from the original location Hawaii source tape -- or will they remaster some sort of (possible re-dub) prepared for the 1980 EAP box? Or simply reissue the digital master used on the 1998 CD reissue of EAP (ala the recycled non-remastered rehearsal tracks on disc 8 of the TTWII box)? What I'm getting at is -- will this FTD be a significant sonic upgrade of the Hawaii show? Do any insiders here have the scoop on what kind of sonics we can expect for this superb performance?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Matthew wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:It is likely too early to know, but FTD will certainly use a professional mastering engineer and professional studios to do their work on the original source.

I very much hope this is the case.

I hope this the case as well. Even if the source tape has rough audio quality, the significance of the performances warrant utilizing a heavy hitter like Vic Anesini to remaster it.

However, note that Sony didn't retransfer and newly master the "rehearsal" disc 8 material in the recently issued TTWII box set. Instead, they lazily republished prior digital masterings issued over 15 year period and therefore delivered inconsistent and substandard sonic results to consumers.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 pm

davide wrote:
davide wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

We now have enough materials for the book to cover just the Hawaii concert, so Blue Hawaii won't feature in this project - hope this helps.

With thanks
David

Thanks Davide.

I was hoping there wouldn't be any pix from the film "Blue Hawaii".

From my point of view it would have spoiled the greatness of what the 61 Hawaii charity shows were. As we all know the film wasn't a great movie.

Davide, i'd like to take the opportunity to say you are doing a fantastic job so far. I look forward to this book and i very much enjoyed the last one.

Cheers.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:04 am

davide wrote:
davide wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

With thanks
David

Thanks Davide.

From my point of view it would have spoiled the greatness of what the 61 Hawaii charity shows were. As we all know the film wasn't a great movie.

Davide, i'd like to take the opportunity to say you are doing a fantastic job so far. I look forward to this book and i very much enjoyed the last one.

Cheers.

Thanks for your kind words - much appreciated.

David

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 am

davide wrote:
davide wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

With thanks
David

Thanks Davide.

Cheers.

I second that and say that the new book is most anticipated and will be a great companion to the Memphis To Nashville '61 book.

A very exciting FTD release packed full of stunning photos and information!

Thanks Davide.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:42 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:
davide wrote:
davide wrote:

Thanks
David

Thanks
David

With thanks
David

Thanks Davide.

Cheers.

I second that and say that the new book is most anticipated and will be a great companion to the Memphis To Nashville '61 book.

A very exciting FTD release packed full of stunning photos and information!

Thanks Davide.

Davide is covering the "best" of Elvis in the 60's - what with his "Welcome Home, Elvis", "Memphis To Nashville 61" and the up and coming "Hawaii 61" books will cover the best Elvis ever did in the 60's.

The Sinatra Show
Elvis Is Back
Charity Shows in Memphis
Something For Everybody

Davide as covered these brilliantly, leaving the dreadful movies out of it. And now with his Hawaii book coming out, this will complete the best of Elvis' work in the 60's....well...if he includes a book on the 69 Memphis Sessions, that will 100% complete.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Davide is covering the "best" of Elvis in the 60's - what with his "Welcome Home, Elvis", "Memphis To Nashville 61" and the up and coming "Hawaii 61" books will cover the best Elvis ever did in the 60's.

The Sinatra Show
Elvis Is Back
Charity Shows in Memphis
Something For Everybody

Davide as covered these brilliantly, leaving the dreadful movies out of it. And now with his Hawaii book coming out, this will complete the best of Elvis' work in the 60's....well...if he includes a book on the 69 Memphis Sessions, that will 100% complete.

You forget "Easy Come, Easy Go" (1967).

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

davide wrote:
davide wrote:Pal and I attended the insiders conference today during Elvis week, where we talked about the process of making the books. We also talked about our next book project, which is currently in production, and will be Hawaii '61.
David

Mike Windgren wrote:Cool news about the upcoming book! 8). Does this mean that the accompanying cd will be a remastered cd of the Hawaii ´61 concert? :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thanks
David

davide wrote:We now have enough materials for the book to cover just the Hawaii concert

David

Your latest book includes a cool: Press Conference & the Ceremony of making Elvis Honorary Colonel of the State Legislature, which complements the book very well 8).

That said, David as your book is probably in the first stages. Have you considered including some cool interviews from that time, which have been doing the rounds for many years on import cds? :wink:.

I mean there are several interviews done by Tom Moffat during March/April 1961 & one Ceremony, when Elvis received a Honorary Award for Pearl Harbor. Those interviews were first released on the following cds here below:

Elvis Unlimited Productions. The Complete Word For Word 5 cd set.

Elvis Unlimited Productions. The Complete Word For Word Vol II cd.

Elvis Unlimited Productions. The Press Conferences 2 cd set.

But that´s not all, there is a very interesting bootleg cd from 2003 called Fever Pitch, which included a cool Special Radio Broadcast from March 19, 1961 presented by Tom Moffat, to pay tribute to the victims of Pearl Harbor. This Radio Special was paid by Elvis & The Colonel :smt020.

Elvis-Fever Pitch. bootleg cd by Lone Star label.

Recently this Radio broadcast has been re-released under the import label MRS. It would be cool if all this material is included if space permits. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Elvis Presley-Such A Night In Pearl Harbor cd/book set by MRS Import label.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:Davide is covering the "best" of Elvis in the 60's - what with his "Welcome Home, Elvis", "Memphis To Nashville 61" and the up and coming "Hawaii 61" books will cover the best Elvis ever did in the 60's.

The Sinatra Show
Elvis Is Back
Charity Shows in Memphis
Something For Everybody

You forget "Easy Come, Easy Go" (1967).

Damn!! Always miss something....

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

davide, have you looked onto the several suggestions I made for your upcoming Hawaii ´61 book? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.