Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon May 12, 2003 5:10 am

I don't think it's off topic, and I would be suspicious. He might have counterfeit copies and using the catalogue pics to trick.

But he might be the real thing. Many years ago I saw sun singles in a shop, they were copies of the original(and selling cheap) But how many people would know how to tell the difference after a while when they loose the new look?

:?

Mon May 12, 2003 5:17 am

The sun 45's differ in the thickness of the vinyl, the originals have thick edges, and the reissues, much thinner.

Mon May 12, 2003 5:20 pm

I'm always interested in hearing the story.

:twisted:

UF

Tue May 13, 2003 2:03 am

...who was that masked man ...............??

They call him "UF" .......... lol .............

I'm interested in the story, UF (send me a PM if you have the time) ......... very interesting indeed.

N8
...just a fan....

Hmmmmm...........

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:01 am

Even more interesting ...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2012

(...3 day listing, 17 hours to go....)

Now, they are the SAME ones as in the B&B catalog.

N8
...just a fan....

Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:36 am

Now, now Sherlock, .............. let's not go jumping to conclusions ....... I'm sure that very small, minor point slipped his mind during the first listing. Glad to see it has been formally rectified for the 2nd listing.

There are no conspiracies, no need for skepticism, and remember ....... deep down everyone is basically good. Have a little faith, ......... afterall, it is only $800 USD at this point.

:wink:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edit: Make that a final closing price of $1,800. And so it goes, in the Elvis world...........

N8
...just a fan....

Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:34 pm

Isn't curious also that the person that bid in those records , also bidded in another piece of memorabilia?

Francesc

WHY SHOULD I EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU ????

Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:39 pm

Hi UNCLEFESTER.

Why do i need to explain on a public messageboard something that is none of your business !!

I am doing nothing wrong , but you are implying that i am a rip - off merchant !!! If you check my feedback you will see that i am 100 % trustworthy !!

I did sell the records on the 5th June - then i got an e-mail saying that they no longer wanted the records ( she probably read this mesageboard and decided i was untrustworthy ! )- so i relisted them - is that a crime ???

I am using a photo from the BUTTERFIELD catalog - because they are the same records !! i bought them from a guy who got them at the auction !!

I hope this answers all your questions !! ( although , as i said - what is it to do with you !!! )

Every single person that i have dealt with on Ebay has been 100% happy with our transaction , and i don't appreciate being made to look like a thief !!

Dave

Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:41 pm

That's odd, look at this piece of curiosity

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2523393347

The person who won this signed calendar, gave you good feedback when the auction finsiehd in April 16 !

but we thought that you already sold this item to other person 3 days before ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2522187367

Maybe he didnt want the items after all, so you returned his money right?

But hey this "problem" happened before

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2522200071

Apr-13-03 10:49:19 PDT to elley10. The same guy that bought your first calendar ..so you returned his money again ? right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2523462312

So you put back again , with only 3 hours later you sold it to elley10
I guess in 3 hours you can receive a payment, leave good feedback and then realize that elley10 is not going to pay you, so you put it back again

So elley10 did that before to you 2 times an still teh SOB buys your 3 records !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2012

but then again he doesnt want them so you put them on sale again

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2536898920

I just spend a little bit more of a time looking what happened in the other auctions that were not sold "twice" well elley10 is in one of them biddig as a pro :oops:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... 2519825099

I couldnt go further becuase the historic doesnt allow to see old auctions. So the investigation finishes here.

Conclusion, weird ha? what a bad luck to have a person bidding 3 times and 2 you give good feedback but in a short period of time you realize that they are not going to pay. Some guys are out of luck !

Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:50 am

The 1976 pocket calendar autograph is bogus. Which means that the COA's mentioned in support of the item are either just as bogus .... OR .... the individuals on those COA's haven't climbed the "learning curve" as far as Elvis' autographs are concerned.

Taken directly from the pocket calendar auction:

"This pocket calendar was signed backstage in Lake Tahoe in May 1976.
The calendar comes with 3 pieces of documentation :
1) A signed letter from the man that obtained the autograph IN PERSON backstage in Tahoe.
2) A signed certificate of Authenticity from GENE SMITH - Elvis Presley's cousin , confirming that the signature is Elvis Presleys own handwriting.
3) A certificate of authenticity from ESSENTIAL ELVIS U.K One of the u.k's leading Elvis memorabilia dealers."

The March of 2003 auction for the "In The Ghetto / Any Day Now" 45 sleeve is also an obvious fake autograph.

Plus, as has already been pointed out, some interesting bidding practices associated with some of those auctions.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Why do i need to explain on a public messageboard something that is none of your business !!"

It is anybody's business who is a potential customer.

"If you check my feedback you will see that i am 100 % trustworthy !!"

Feedback isn't the end-all indicator of reliability.

"i bought them from a guy who got them at the auction !!"

If you say so, ......... I would have been more likely to take your word for it in the beginning, but not at this point. At any rate, if you speak the truth, I'm sure a genuine COA from B&B will also accompany the records - not just the auction catalog.

"I did sell the records on the 5th June - then i got an e-mail saying that they no longer wanted the records ( she probably read this mesageboard and decided i was untrustworthy ! )- so i relisted them .."

My position is - honest people don't have anything to worry about. IMO, only those people with something to hide dislike honest skepticism and tough inquiry.

You have sold more than one bogus autograph, ........ there are some questionable bidding practices associated with your auctions, ............ and it is ODD that you neglected to mention the B&B association in your first listing of the Sun records (I guess it just seemed incidental at the time..... ehh?).

Caveat Emptor, to say the least. Too bad everyone isn't as ignorant as some people would like them to be.

N8
...just a fan....
Last edited by N880EP on Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:22 pm

UF - lashing out and blaming others ............ avoiding legit questions ............. or the ultimate act of desperation and arrogance in resorting to "arguments from authority" ........... are all typical signs of having something to "hide."

I'll drop the diplomatic BS and cut to the chase .................. I view so-called fellow Elvis "fans" that rip-off fellow Elvis fans with the same disgusted feeling that one has while walking down the street and narrowly avoiding stepping in a pile of dog feces.

Generally speaking, .......... counterfeit Elvis items, forged autograph material, fake or misrepresented Elvis-owned personal items .......... all high priced items & a quick way to make a buck. Some of these people, IMO, are no longer "fans". They may have started out as "fans", or believe themselves to be "fans", .......... but, in reality, they are nothing more than "dealers" once a certain line is willingly crossed time & time again.

If other knowledgeable collectors had the guts to speak out, perhaps there would be less of this "crap" going on.

N8
...just a fan....

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:51 pm

I dont know if his items are legitim or not, but for sure he is bidding in his own auctions.

Francesc

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:00 am

Francesc wrote:I dont know if his items are legitim or not, but for sure he is bidding in his own auctions.

Francesc

The two autographs mentioned above are absolutely fake. No doubt about it. I see it all the time. The seller can always claim ignorance. One role of COA's is to deflect blame away from the seller on bad pieces.

Who knows if the SUN singles are real or not. At the very least (I'm trying to be diplomatic again), I doubt very much ........ given all of the other un-kosher things surrounding this seller ................ they are the same ones as the B&B ones. Follow-up on any B&B pieces is doable, but IMO it certainly isn't worth the time nor trouble for a few pieces of SUN vinyl.

Pathetic.

UF said it well - "do the right thing."

N8
... just a fan ....