Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 am

If you are wondering about the 1970 new show performance QUALITY...then i point you in the direction of the September 5th M/S from the friday night. Excellent show and well sung...trouble really started on 6th when Elvis performed too many shows and quality dropped right off. :cry:by the way my 'notes' say the unreleased show is the 2/9/70 M/S..... :wink:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:38 pm

yeah i heard too we will get the September 2 MS Show possibly
::rocks

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:37 pm

True, it will be indeed the September 2 MS, 1970 show we are getting on soundboard.
Hope the announcement and tracklisting will come soon.
There isn't a tracklist known for this show, show maybe a few rarities here and there is an option. :D

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 pm

I have a tracklist for 02-09-70 M from the past but afterwards I never read any more about this concert; once I had this concert on cassette in very poor quality; it was home made from several concerts with edits / different soundlevels etc. Because it was fake I have errased the tape years ago.
I kept the tracklist but I don't know if it's real:

That's all right - I got a woman - Elvis talks - Love me tender - I've lost you - I just can't help believin' - You've lost that lovin' feelin' - Polk salad Annie - Introductions -Johnny B. Goode - The wonder of you - Heartbreak hotel - One night - Blue suede shoes - Hound dog - Bridge over troubled water - Can't help fallin' in love.



colonel snow

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:06 am

G.I. Blues wrote:Obviously, you still cannot answer my simple question. Venus and Straight Arrow are cool, but again:
What unreleased soundboard recordings were released by Venus and Straight Arrow?
Please do not refer to studio, audience or soundbooth recorings. I wasn't asking for these.
In case you still fail to answer this question properly, anyone else may feel free to deliver instead.


As I wrote previously on this discussion, your whole query is an attempt at a straw man argument, and designed to shift attention away from the facts.

That said, you can remain ignorant and continue to badger the topic, or you can do as I already suggested:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Click the links in my previous post, and you will learn more about their titles.


The answers are there, do your homework. Again, I don't offer a firm point unless it is true and correct.

Thanks. :smt023

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:11 am

I don't know you do it doc trying to fend off all these ppl wanting straight answers from you! Hang in there buddy!


Lol

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:27 am

Kylan wrote:I don't know you do it doc trying to fend off all these ppl wanting straight answers from you! Hang in there buddy!


Lol


You've been a member here for, what, over eleven years now. Why do you continue to make such rude and inaccurate comments? And they are so often off-topic, just meant to put someone else down.

Clearly, after all this time we can only conclude you do it on purpose.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 am

You need a sense of humor! Lol love it tho when I hit a nerve tho! Not true btw I got a nice education about Louis Armstrongs hair! Laugh more Doc! Elvis did!

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:41 am

Kylan wrote:You need a sense of humor! Lol love it tho when I hit a nerve tho! Not true btw I got a nice education about Louis Armstrongs hair! Laugh more Doc! Elvis did!


Ironic.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 am

As a couple other posters here have noted earlier in this thread, I find it amazing that certain people can have even slightly negative things to say about this alleged future release. Although it may not be as good as early in the season in terms of overall sound and performance quality, it's still a soundboard from 19 f'n 70 people! Do we want another terrible concert from 1976 or perhaps an average one from 1975? I'll take a 'mediocre' show from 1970 everyday of the week, twice on Sunday over a 'good' one from 1973-1977.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:59 am

nyelvfan wrote:As a couple other posters here have noted earlier in this thread, I find it amazing that certain people can have even slightly negative things to say about this alleged future release. Although it may not be as good as early in the season in terms of overall sound and performance quality, it's still a soundboard from 19 f'n 70 people! Do we want another terrible concert from 1976 or perhaps an average one from 1975? I'll take a 'mediocre' show from 1970 everyday of the week, twice on Sunday over a 'good' one from 1973-1977.


Agreed.

A new unreleased soundboard from 1969-1972 is a rare thing these days. The September 70 Vegas shows are indeed very inferior to the early concerts from the engagement; they are very similar to some of the January/February 1971 concerts - rushed affairs but always HIGH QUALITY and Elvis always telling lots of great jokes and fooling around.

At this stage any unreleased soundboard from 1969-1972 should be treasured and appreciated. You never know how many are left...

All these rivalries between different import labels needs to stop.
Last edited by charro1971 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:41 am

nyelvfan wrote:As a couple other posters here have noted earlier in this thread, I find it amazing that certain people can have even slightly negative things to say about this alleged future release.


You certainly haven't noticed how this forum works (or, should I say, how a few members work). Once you notice how everything's driven by agendas, politics and the double standards that come with 'em, it'll be a lot clearer why an unreleased 1970 soundboard may sound negative to some as long as said material comes from "this" or "that" label.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 am

Good point billy blues. I actually have noticed that a little.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:58 am

I'd prefer a good show, but I'd take anything new on soundboard from 1970. It would be very interesting to me, at least. It will probably be the most interesting new soundboard since the 1970 2nd season opening and closing shows. I predict this will sell out quickly. Perhaps I should take out my '69-'70 SB shows from the safe, and start cashing in too... just for the fans... :smt002

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Wiebe wrote:I disagree with the opinion that Elvis sounded bored at the end of the run. Let's not take that for a fact because someone says so.


Indeed.

Let's take it for a fact by those who attended the third run and taped shows where he was booed and fell down, and at least one local news report towards the end of the engagement of the singer being "drunk" on stage.

And any careful analysis of the shows captured on tape from the first week (when MGM was there and the pressure was really on) and those done after reveals a drop-off in the care and attention paid to many of the selections. That evidence may also be regarded as fact. :smt023


Elvis being booed only happened once when he wouldn't stop singing Love Me Tender. Rick Rennie edited it out of the recording and without it you wouldn't know anything was wrong. It was a great show. Elvis started singing better and better during the engagement. Name one show where Elvis sounded bored from the engagement so we know what you mean.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 pm

I wonder if a soundboard from September 5th, 1970 MS released on Memory Records (The Midnight Hour) exists. One of the best versions of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is from this concert.

i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 pm

billyblues wrote:You certainly haven't noticed how this forum works (or, should I say, how a few members work). Once you notice how everything's driven by agendas, politics and the double standards that come with 'em, it'll be a lot clearer why an unreleased 1970 soundboard may sound negative to some as long as said material comes from "this" or "that" label.

The only truly regrettable thing I can see about soundboards from 1970 coming out is them not being issued officially.

Real fans behind this announcement would put aside their petty politics and do everything they can to get tapes like this to market via FTD, if they really cared about the fanbase, instead of glory hounding and bothering with the mechanics of issuing an illegal bootleg with limited production and distribution.

It's not the 90s anymore.

i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 am

Matthew wrote:
billyblues wrote:You certainly haven't noticed how this forum works (or, should I say, how a few members work). Once you notice how everything's driven by agendas, politics and the double standards that come with 'em, it'll be a lot clearer why an unreleased 1970 soundboard may sound negative to some as long as said material comes from "this" or "that" label.

The only truly regrettable thing I can see about soundboards from 1970 coming out is them not being issued officially.

Real fans behind this announcement would put aside their petty politics and do everything they can to get tapes like this to market via FTD, if they really cared about the fanbase, instead of glory hounding and bothering with the mechanics of issuing an illegal bootleg with limited production and distribution.


Thats rubbish. Nobody owes FTD anything, if you feel that way about unreleased soundboards then why not everything unreleased? Do you think that the fantastic "Elvis Files" series should have been released in conjunction with FTD just because there were hundreds of unreleased Photos in them?? or should Venus and Audionics have released their unreleased material through FTD??

Let's be honest about it, it's because of who is behind this release. Just come out and say it, I have yet to see you make one single good comment about any of this persons products.

If you had an ounce of integrity you would just come out and say it.

Man up, Matthew.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:34 am

memfisking wrote:Thats rubbish. Nobody owes FTD anything

Who said anything about owing FTD something? Certainly not me.

But FTD are the official channel for getting unreleased material like this to the most fans possible, in the easiest possible way, and legally. It's a no brainer really.

memfisking wrote:if you feel that way about unreleased soundboards then why not everything unreleased?


Uh, they are 1970 soundboards, that's a tiny bit more special than another piece of crap 1976 show, right?

memfisking wrote:Do you think that the fantastic "Elvis Files" series should have been released in conjunction with FTD just because there were hundreds of unreleased Photos in them??

Not apples to apples. These are books, which are not bootlegs, are they? They are legal releases.

Were you even thinking straight when you crafted that gem of a question?

memfisking wrote:or should Venus and Audionics have released their unreleased material through FTD??

Which unreleased material are you referring to? Audio as rare as September 1970 soundboards?

memfisking wrote:Let's be honest about it, it's because of who is behind this release.

Who is behind this release? You clearly know.

Perhaps you could ask them if they even considered trying to get this material out officially, since they wish to serve the fan base so well!

Could you also enquire about the lineage of these tapes? Whose collection have they come from?

i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 am

Matthew wrote:Uh, they are 1970 soundboards, that's a tiny bit more special than another piece of crap 1976 show, right?


Yes, but considering, FTD have released their fair share of 1976 shows I don't think that they would have said no to any offers of unreleased 1976 soundboards from any bootleg label, so why single out Backdraft? because it's a 1970 show. Then why not say the same thing a few years back when GR released "Return Of A Prodigy" or did you? Maybe you will post the link.

As I said Man up, Matthew. You haven't stop bitching about Backdrafts "Final Countdown" now you move on to an unreleased 1970 soundboard.

I do know who is behind this release as do many here on FECC as most certainly you do. So what?

Have you ever asked yourself why your opinion about this persons releases have always been in the minority? And why his releases nearly always sell out as will this 1970 soundboard.

Anyways, each to their own. I guess you won't get to hear Elvis in Sept '70 since you won't be getting it, so no harm done.

i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:14 am

What bitching have I done about Final Countdown? My recollection is the only commentary I have offered has been exclusively on a short sound sample provided by another forum member comparing different sources, and none of those comments particularly "bitch" about Backdraft.

I guess you aren't very good about keeping up and paying attention, you should work on that so you avoid making unfounded statements!

As for Return of a Prodigy, another irrelevant comparison, since they did not have the original tape, and Sony had it all along.

Are you suggesting Sony has these September 1970 shows already? Please, do elaborate.

By the way, it's easy for a low production volume release to sell out my friend, precisely why these shows should be coming out on FTD, for all the fans to embrace, wouldn't you say? :wink:

Let me know the answer when you ask your friend if he tried to make a deal to get these out there officially, he is after all, all about the fame, er, fans!

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 am

Renan wrote:I wonder if a soundboard from September 5th, 1970 MS released on Memory Records (The Midnight Hour) exists. One of the best versions of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is from this concert.

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR (Memory Records MR 2046-2) (Released 2005)
Cover
Las Vegas, Sept. 5 1970 M.S.

Opening Vamp
That's All Right
I Got A Woman/Amen
I Walk The Line (excerpts)/Dialogue
Love Me Tender
I've Lost You
I Just Can't Help Believing
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Introductions
Johnny B. Goode
Introductions
Bob Dylan impersination/Celebrity intro
The Wonder Of You
Heartbreak Hotel/All Shook Up (false start)
Blue Suede Shoes
Hound Dog
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Can't Help Falling In Love
Bonus tracks (Las Vegas, Sept. 4 M.S.):
I Walk The Line (excerpts)/I've Lost You
I Just Can't Help Believing
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
Polk Salad Annie
Crying Time
My Way (Excerpts)/One Night

Yes it proved a VERY GOOD SHOW and nice to have complete after many years of only partial show available!~

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35 am

One of the reasons less and less good bootleg releases see the light of day is because the releases are being put down before they are even released.
We all should be happy when something special like this is coming out.
All those negative comment by some forum members doesn't make things any better for us fans.
For almost 44 years now people were saying that no september show was recorded except the tampa show from september 13, 1970.
Now we are getting something very special. Be thankful, say amen and maybe just maybe there are a few more suprises on the horizon.

stop complaining. And stop insolting people.
Where here for elvis, come on, be mature people.
Once in a while I get the feeling that I'm at a kindergarden. Pfff

so that's said.
no hard feelings folks, it's just my opinion. ::rocks

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:41 am

Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:33 pm

londonflash wrote:Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.


To be fair, the Houston '76 soundboard was extremely special and a welcome surprise when released last year. Probably the most interesting bootleg in at least five years.

I reckon this show from Backdrack will be of higher quality, though, in terms of performance quality. :shock: