Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Here's what Rock Legend wrote on July 9 (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83703&p=1302900#p1302900):

It is my understanding that the import labels have virtually nothing left at present.
The only exception to that is Mr ‘Boxcar’, who played me fragments from two September 1970 shows when I met him two years ago. He also said that there is another September ’70 show which was sold to somebody in the U.K. Let’s hope that these shows will be released… The material he played was truly amazing, and pretty good sound too.


And then he added:

Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour. As I recall, he said the third one was from one day earlier.


I do hope these soundboards will see the light of day soon.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:48 pm

charro1971 wrote:A 2CD set of 2 unreleased soundboards! :smt007

I really hope that Elvis performs Tiger Man, I Just Can't Help Believing (with the big cymbal crash ending), I've Lost You and Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' in them.


from my personal notes i made 2 years ago.......
2/9/70 M/S r/t 54 minutes great sound + show quality/performance...
that's allright/dialogue about james burton being paid 2 million!/i got a woman/iv'e lost you(including false start)/i just can't help believing(including false start)/i walk the line-brief instrumental/heartbreak hotel(including 2 false starts)/.....memory-rest is incomplete at time of writing.
hope this helps~! 8) 8) :roll: :wink:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm

YDKM wrote:
charro1971 wrote:A 2CD set of 2 unreleased soundboards! :smt007

I really hope that Elvis performs Tiger Man, I Just Can't Help Believing (with the big cymbal crash ending), I've Lost You and Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' in them.


from my personal notes i made 2 years ago.......
2/9/70 M/S r/t 54 minutes great sound + show quality/performance...
that's allright/dialogue about james burton being paid 2 million!/i got a woman/iv'e lost you(including false start)/i just can't help believing(including false start)/i walk the line-brief instrumental/heartbreak hotel(including 2 false starts)/.....memory-rest is incomplete at time of writing.
hope this helps~! 8) 8) :roll: :wink:


Yes! Two brand new shows not even on audience recording. Great news.

The dialogue about James Burton sounds interesting. I hope Elvis isn't being rude about him.

I know it's the wrong time to bring this up but Elvis did so many/too many false starts to songs in the latter part of the August/September 1970 season. All the complaints about Elvis doing this are from the Jan/Feb 1971 season but the truth is that Elvis was doing it a lot more in the August/September 1970 season.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:58 pm

jekhb76 wrote:::rocks Hi ale, as i mentioned before it's not an on tour show from september 1970.
So i can safetly say it's not tampa, florida. It will be a show from the first week of september.
there is a great guy who has bought several years ago two soundboards from this last week of elvis 3rd vegas gig. Two shows from the same day. The dinner and midnight. It will feature the first live version of johnny b.goode we have from 1970 in soundboard. I don't heard anything from these tapes, so i can't say nothing about the sound. So please don't pm me for more info.if i had more info i would share it. :sosorry:



I really doubt FTD will release another Summer Festival '70 concert after the huge project of the TTWII box set containing 6 complete concerts :wink:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:14 pm

The shows from early september 1970 in Vegas are quite short. usually around 45 min. and Elvis was not singing "Suspicious Minds". he would sing Bridge and then go into Can't Help Falling in Love. Don't think EPE would shell out big money for shows like that. something new would be interesting to hear though.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:18 pm

In those September shows Elvis always was in a "hilarious" mood..joking a lot..also his oldies with many false starts...all was very loose..no more Hollywood cameras...

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 pm

hm80ep wrote:Here's what Rock Legend wrote on July 9 (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83703&p=1302900#p1302900):

It is my understanding that the import labels have virtually nothing left at present.
The only exception to that is Mr ‘Boxcar’, who played me fragments from two September 1970 shows when I met him two years ago. He also said that there is another September ’70 show which was sold to somebody in the U.K. Let’s hope that these shows will be released… The material he played was truly amazing, and pretty good sound too.


And then he added:

Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour. As I recall, he said the third one was from one day earlier.


I do hope these soundboards will see the light of day soon.


Neither of these performances seem to have any known tapes, but we do have an audience tape from hours before, and another from two days after.

Together they provide a clue as to what soundboards from 9-02-1970 might offer:

Elvis Presley
International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Tuesday, September 1, 1970 MS

That's All Right
I Got A Woman
Folsom Prison Blues (one-liner)
Love Me Tender
San Antonio Rose (one-liner)
I've Lost You
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Introduction of singers, musicians
Hound Dog (one-liner)
Johnny B. Goode
Introduction of orchestra
The Wonder Of You
Heartbreak Hotel
One Night
Blue Suede Shoes / Whole Lotta Shaking Goin' On / Hound Dog
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Can't Help Falling In Love


Elvis Presley
International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Friday, September 4, 1970 DS

That's All Right
I Got A Woman
I Walk The Line (one-liner)
Cattle Call (one-liner)
Love Me Tender
I've Lost You
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Introduction of singers, musicians
Hound Dog (one-liner)
Johnny B. Goode
Introduction of orchestra
The Wonder Of You
Heartbreak Hotel (false starts)
One Night
Everybody Loves Somebody (one-liner)
Blue Suede Shoes / Whole Lotta Shaking Goin' On / Hound Dog
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Can't Help Falling In Love



It's a shame the rumoured soundboard/s do not come from the tour that followed, as Elvis' "boredom" during the last two weeks of this third Vegas season is evident on the above shows, and doubtless will be noted on any tapes that appear in the future.

But, hey, he was still lookin' good!


700900_Las Vegas.jpg
On stage at the International, September 1970
Photo: Marie Fletcher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 pm

:D You have nothing to worry about Elvis's James Burton dialogue...he is in an extremely funny mood and it's hilarious.... :wink: :roll: 8) :lol:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Does anybody know when this will be released since it`s "soon"?
a month or 2?

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 pm

No, there wasn't a date given. Hope it will be within the next two months.
later this weekend i have the change to hear three songs from september 2 ms. Atleast i know by then what the quality will be like.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 pm

We will look forward to the near future when we will release a brand new unreleased soundboard (never before heard, not even as an audience recording) from the Las Vegas engagement from the Summer of 1970.


http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/more ... 9vPmLHQfs0

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:
We will look forward to the near future when we will release a brand new unreleased soundboard (never before heard, not even as an audience recording) from the Las Vegas engagement from the Summer of 1970.


http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/more ... 9vPmLHQfs0


Coming from Backdraft!!

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Mike C wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:
We will look forward to the near future when we will release a brand new unreleased soundboard (never before heard, not even as an audience recording) from the Las Vegas engagement from the Summer of 1970.


http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/more-backdraft/14496


Coming from Backdraft!!


Somewhere, the ol' Colonel is smiling.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Backdraft certainly is the Elvis import label of the moment. Their releases sure do impress.

The unreleased soundboard is going to be big... we haven't had something like this for ages! September 2 would be an ideal release date. Sounds like they're only releasing one show, not both.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 pm

charro1971 wrote:Backdraft certainly is the Elvis import label of the moment. Their releases sure do impress.

The unreleased soundboard is going to be big... we haven't had something like this for ages! September 2 would be an ideal release date. Sounds like they're only releasing one show, not both.


You must not own any of the Venus or Straight Arrow titles issued in the past four years to make such a statement.


Venus Productions
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/venus.html

Straight Arrow
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/straightarrow.html


Both labels have offered the hardcore fans completely new recordings on many titles.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
charro1971 wrote:Backdraft certainly is the Elvis import label of the moment. Their releases sure do impress.

The unreleased soundboard is going to be big... we haven't had something like this for ages! September 2 would be an ideal release date. Sounds like they're only releasing one show, not both.


Do you not own any of the Venus or Straight Arrow titles issued in the past three years?

What unreleased soundboard recordings did Straight Arrow and Venus release?

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:44 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
charro1971 wrote:Backdraft certainly is the Elvis import label of the moment. Their releases sure do impress.

The unreleased soundboard is going to be big... we haven't had something like this for ages! September 2 would be an ideal release date. Sounds like they're only releasing one show, not both.


Do you not own any of the Venus or Straight Arrow titles issued in the past three years?

What unreleased soundboard recordings did Straight Arrow and Venus release?


I don't offer a firm point unless it is true and correct.

Thus, I made no specific references in my comment. However, since you clearly lack knowledge on the subject, let me fill you in:

Venus has primarily issued unreleased STUDIO material, and some unreleased soundboard material.
Straight Arrow has primarily issued unreleased LIVE audience recordings, and some unreleased soundboard material.

Click the links in my previous post, and you will learn more about their titles.

On the other hand, to date, your friends at Backdraft have given fans NONE of the above, save a lot of stage chatter and a few stray cuts from February 1970. But it is without question they excel at repackaging and re-selling previously-issued audio and visual material, both official and unofficial, though.

Hope this helps! :smt023


P.S. Please don't make me lay out additional detailed facts. I've done it many times before, on other topics. Do a search of my posts. Thanks.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 pm

I have both Backdraft box-set releases, and I wouldn't part with them for anything. In a time when the stream of truly exciting Elvis material seems all but dried up, they continue to surprise. In three releases, they've given/are giving us:

Unreleased February 70 Multitracks
The rockin' Felton Jarvis rough mix of On Stage
An almost-complete, beautiful video presentation of the New Years Eve 76 show.
and now, an unreleased soundboard from September 1970 (which I can not wait to hear)

What will they turn up with next, The Pied Piper of Cleveland?

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Well I guess it's clear now why this soundboard would never have stood a chance of coming out on FTD, such is the politics of the Elvis underground.

Bummer.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:I have both Backdraft box-set releases, and I wouldn't part with them for anything. In a time when the stream of truly exciting Elvis material seems all but dried up, they continue to surprise. In three releases, they've given/are giving us:

Unreleased February 70 Multitracks
The rockin' Felton Jarvis rough mix of On Stage
An almost-complete, beautiful video presentation of the New Years Eve 76 show.
and now, an unreleased soundboard from September 1970 (which I can not wait to hear)

What will they turn up with next, The Pied Piper of Cleveland?


Hyperbole.

There are no "Unreleased February 70 Multitracks" from this label, just a handful of tracks of Elvis talking, and a few songs, taken from a cassette dub.

And to date, they have not presented "an unreleased soundboard from September 1970."

Keep it real, please!
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
G.I. Blues wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
charro1971 wrote:Backdraft certainly is the Elvis import label of the moment. Their releases sure do impress.

The unreleased soundboard is going to be big... we haven't had something like this for ages! September 2 would be an ideal release date. Sounds like they're only releasing one show, not both.


Do you not own any of the Venus or Straight Arrow titles issued in the past three years?

What unreleased soundboard recordings did Straight Arrow and Venus release?


I don't offer a firm point unless it is true and correct.

Thus, I made no specific references in my comment. However, since you clearly lack knowledge on the subject, let me fill you in:

Venus has primarily issued unreleased STUDIO material, and some unreleased soundboard material.
Straight Arrow has primarily issued unreleased LIVE audience recordings, and some unreleased soundboard material.

Click the links in my previous post, and you will learn more about their titles.

On the other hand, to date, your friends at Backdraft have given fans NONE of the above, save a lot of stage chatter and a few stray cuts from February 1970. But it is without question they excel at repackaging and re-selling previously-issued audio and visual material, both official and unofficial, though.

Hope this helps! :smt023


P.S. Please don't make me lay out additional detailed facts. I've done it many times before, on other topics. Do a search of my posts. Thanks.


Straight arrow has released soundboards?? I think your thinking off audionics
or soundbooth recordings by straight arrow (still fantastic releases thou!)

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingOfTheJungle wrote:I have both Backdraft box-set releases, and I wouldn't part with them for anything. In a time when the stream of truly exciting Elvis material seems all but dried up, they continue to surprise. In three releases, they've given/are giving us:

Unreleased February 70 Multitracks
The rockin' Felton Jarvis rough mix of On Stage
An almost-complete, beautiful video presentation of the New Years Eve 76 show.
and now, an unreleased soundboard from September 1970 (which I can not wait to hear)

What will they turn up with next, The Pied Piper of Cleveland?


Hyperbole.

There are no "Unreleased February 70 Multitracks" from this label, just a handful of tracks of Elvis talking, and a few songs, taken from a cassette dub.

And to date, they have not presented "an unreleased soundboard from September 1970."

Keep it real, please!


:facep: :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Well, once this Backdraft release of an unreleased September 70 show is out, I look forward to reading your attempts to rationalize it into some kind of failure. Better start thinking them up now, because I have a feeling it will be a hard sell.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Straight arrow has released soundboards?? I think your thinking off audionics
or soundbooth recordings by straight arrow (still fantastic releases thou!)


Do your homework.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:Better start thinking them up now, because I have a feeling it will be a hard sell.

Really? You don't think it's a sad thing that an unreleased soundboard from 1970 would not get the widest possible release via FTD? It's not like we're talking another piece of crap soundboard from 1976 is it? Even bored 1970 Elvis poops on those later shows.

Instead it will be relegated to a very limited production with even more limited distribution.

How long after it is issued do you think people will be able to obtain it, and how easily?

These are not issues with FTDs.

But, like I said, judging where this is coming from there is little chance the tape was even offered to FTD, right?

Oh well.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Straight arrow has released soundboards?? I think your thinking off audionics
or soundbooth recordings by straight arrow (still fantastic releases thou!)


Do your homework.


Ah! you're meaning the 3 tracks as appeared on Goin back in time?
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/goingbackintime.html