Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
londonflash wrote:Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.


To be fair, the Houston '76 soundboard was extremely special and a welcome surprise when released last year. Probably the most interesting bootleg in at least five years.

I reckon this show from Backdrack will be of higher quality, though, in terms of performance quality. :shock:


Fair point. It never appealed to me, though. I've got enough rubbish '76 soundboards in my collection that I will never play again, so I had no intention of wasting money on another. I did hear a couple of samples posted online here and that more than satisfied any curiosity about the recording.

It's interesting how my tastes and habits have changed - I suppose I've passed saturation point with Elvis and have reached the stage where I have so much in my collection already (sensational, terrible and all stops in between) that I am far more selective in what I buy. Almost overnight I stopped being one of the "must-buy-every-FTD brigade" to the point where there are a handful of titles from the last two or three years that I might pick up. Same with the boots. The only live ones that will really grab my attention now are soundboards from '69 - August '72 and possibly July '75 (and it goes without saying anything from 1961!) Needless to say my bank balance and missus are delighted!

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 pm

londonflash wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
londonflash wrote:Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.


To be fair, the Houston '76 soundboard was extremely special and a welcome surprise when released last year. Probably the most interesting bootleg in at least five years.

I reckon this show from Backdrack will be of higher quality, though, in terms of performance quality. :shock:


Fair point. It never appealed to me, though. I've got enough rubbish '76 soundboards in my collection that I will never play again, so I had no intention of wasting money on another. I did hear a couple of samples posted online here and that more than satisfied any curiosity about the recording.

It's interesting how my tastes and habits have changed - I suppose I've passed saturation point with Elvis and have reached the stage where I have so much in my collection already (sensational, terrible and all stops in between) that I am far more selective in what I buy. Almost overnight I stopped being one of the "must-buy-every-FTD brigade" to the point where there are a handful of titles from the last two or three years that I might pick up. Same with the boots. The only live ones that will really grab my attention now are soundboards from '69 - August '72 and possibly July '75 (and it goes without saying anything from 1961!) Needless to say my bank balance and missus are delighted!

Have to fully agree with you on this. And besides that, I have more musical interests than about twenty years ago, when I almost listened to nothing but the hound... ummm... Elvis.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:44 pm

londonflash wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
londonflash wrote:Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.


To be fair, the Houston '76 soundboard was extremely special and a welcome surprise when released last year. Probably the most interesting bootleg in at least five years.

I reckon this show from Backdrack will be of higher quality, though, in terms of performance quality. :shock:


Fair point. It never appealed to me, though. I've got enough rubbish '76 soundboards in my collection that I will never play again, so I had no intention of wasting money on another. I did hear a couple of samples posted online here and that more than satisfied any curiosity about the recording.

It's interesting how my tastes and habits have changed - I suppose I've passed saturation point with Elvis and have reached the stage where I have so much in my collection already (sensational, terrible and all stops in between) that I am far more selective in what I buy. Almost overnight I stopped being one of the "must-buy-every-FTD brigade" to the point where there are a handful of titles from the last two or three years that I might pick up. Same with the boots. The only live ones that will really grab my attention now are soundboards from '69 - August '72 and possibly July '75 (and it goes without saying anything from 1961!) Needless to say my bank balance and missus are delighted!


I understand. I too have many, many shows in my collection that I rarely listen to. Still I was happy to pick up "Houston '76" on release date. It's strange because I am not a collector of anything else. I am a music fan, and I like other artists as much as I like Elvis, but I don't "collect" them - I'm happy with the original albums. But I simply can't wait to hear the new "Fun In Acapulco" outtakes on the new FTD release and I sure will pick up this new September '70 soundboard even though I own countless Elvis concerts already.

For some reason Elvis brings out the nerd in me! :D

I am selective, though. Like you I don't pick up every release. But my choices can be strange to outsiders. I will pre-order the new Backdraft CD but I don't think I'll pick up the new "TTWII" releases, and I only recently bought "The Wonder Of You" from FTD which has been out for years. In fact I can't quite explain this myself.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
londonflash wrote:Very interested in this release! I've been waiting for something special and out of the ordinary to tempt me into buying my first soundboard in a few years and this might just be the one.


To be fair, the Houston '76 soundboard was extremely special and a welcome surprise when released last year. Probably the most interesting bootleg in at least five years.

I reckon this show from Backdrack will be of higher quality, though, in terms of performance quality. :shock:


Fair point. It never appealed to me, though. I've got enough rubbish '76 soundboards in my collection that I will never play again, so I had no intention of wasting money on another. I did hear a couple of samples posted online here and that more than satisfied any curiosity about the recording.

It's interesting how my tastes and habits have changed - I suppose I've passed saturation point with Elvis and have reached the stage where I have so much in my collection already (sensational, terrible and all stops in between) that I am far more selective in what I buy. Almost overnight I stopped being one of the "must-buy-every-FTD brigade" to the point where there are a handful of titles from the last two or three years that I might pick up. Same with the boots. The only live ones that will really grab my attention now are soundboards from '69 - August '72 and possibly July '75 (and it goes without saying anything from 1961!) Needless to say my bank balance and missus are delighted!


I understand. I too have many, many shows in my collection that I rarely listen to. Still I was happy to pick up "Houston '76" on release date. It's strange because I am not a collector of anything else. I am a music fan, and I like other artists as much as I like Elvis, but I don't "collect" them - I'm happy with the original albums. But I simply can't wait to hear the new "Fun In Acapulco" outtakes on the new FTD release and I sure will pick up this new September '70 soundboard even though I own countless Elvis concerts already.

For some reason Elvis brings out the nerd in me! :D

I am selective, though. Like you I don't pick up every release. But my choices can be strange to outsiders. I will pre-order the new Backdraft CD but I don't think I'll pick up the new "TTWII" releases, and I only recently bought "The Wonder Of You" from FTD which has been out for years. In fact I can't quite explain this myself.


I'm very much the same. There are a number of artists I enjoy listening to as much as Elvis but I don't collect outtakes and live recordings to anywhere near the same extent. Perhaps if I had got into Elvis now it would be the same.

Like you, I am certainly looking forward to the FIA outtakes on the new FTD - a set that I do intend to buy.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am

This seems to be a forgotten topic!

Any news from those in the know?

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 am

The shows exist and they will come..that`s sure. Spet. 2, 1970 DS and MS...I am sure we won`t get a 2 cd set..one after the other.. :wink:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 am

Good news that it won't be a 2CD set. There are so few soundboards left in the bootleggers' hands, so I'd rather wait for the second show, it's nice to have something to look forward to. I am really excited about this release. Hopefully it will be a normal CD, not a boxset with deluxe book or anything like that, I want a normal CD that fits among my other soundboards. Please?

I already look forward to discussing this show with you Cisco! :smt023

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I already look forward to discussing this show with you Cisco! :smt023


Sure..me, too... ::rocks

But don`t get me wrong..the rumour has turned out to be a fact..it`s just an info I posted..that makes the round..Elvis is in a talkative mood..makes jokes..I think these shows are quite similar to these..

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/m ... hthour.htm

or even more this one..

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/V ... riety5.htm

Anyway..I am looking really very forward to these shows...for me..the highlight of the year..
completely new shows from 1970..and even in SB format..a collectors dream come true..

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I already look forward to discussing this show with you Cisco! :smt023


Sure..me, too... ::rocks

But don`t get me wrong..the rumour has turned out to be a fact..it`s just an info I posted..that makes the round..Elvis is in a talkative mood..makes jokes..I think these shows are quite similar to these..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... hthour.htm

or even more this one..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... riety5.htm

Anyway..I am looking really very forward to these shows...for me..the highlight of the year..
completely new shows from 1970..and even in SB format..a collectors dream come true..


Let's hope indeed it comes out this year.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Surely great news for any fan! :D

I wish it was a concert from the September tour, though. Or even better: the LA concert from November. But we're talking about an unreleased soundboard from 1970 so it's all good nevertheless.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:08 am

billyblues wrote:Surely great news for any fan! :D

I wish it was a concert from the September tour, though. Or even better: the LA concert from November. But we're talking about an unreleased soundboard from 1970 so it's all good nevertheless.


There were actually no concerts in Los Angeles in November, but Elvis did give two performances at the Forum in Inglewood on 11-14-1970.

Of the two, the afternoon set is likely more straightforward, the evening show a bit of a wig-out.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:18 am

:D The show is much more like the Sept 5th show and (thankfully) NOT as complete throwaway performances as happened on the 6th Sept show- thus it should be good to hear!~ :D

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:There were actually no concerts in Los Angeles in November, but Elvis did give two performances at the Forum in Inglewood on 11-14-1970.

Of the two, the afternoon set is likely more straightforward, the evening show a bit of a wig-out.


That's what I had in mind, thank you.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Hopefully it will be a normal CD, not a boxset with deluxe book or anything like that.


Agreed. My wallet is crying for mercy.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Hopefully it will be a normal CD, not a boxset with deluxe book or anything like that.


Agreed. My wallet is crying for mercy.


Oh, come on, you know your wallet loves it. ;-)

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:58 am

If everything is goin' as planed, it will be released before the end of the year I was told.
More news when I have it. ::rocks

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:08 am

Ok.
Hope everything goes after the plan then
cant wait for this cd :D :D

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 am

:D b4 end of the year would be lovely timing and nice for Xmas~! :D

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

I tell you what..this will be an expensive time...save your Xmas bonus for Elvis... :lol: ....

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Damn. So this won't be a normal CD after all? I don't want a deluxe book to go with this, I have enough Elvis photos already, and there is not one story from 1970 that I don't already know about. Please, Backdraft, reconsider. Take a look at Madison's releases. That't the way to go.

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:11 pm

I was referring to all stuff that might be released before xmas...will be a lot I have heard....

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Right. I read it as expensive ITEM, not expensive time. My mistake. :facep:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 pm

lets hope it wont be too expensive...;-)

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Damn. So this won't be a normal CD after all? I don't want a deluxe book to go with this, I have enough Elvis photos already, and there is not one story from 1970 that I don't already know about. Please, Backdraft, reconsider. Take a look at Madison's releases. That't the way to go.

Don't worry, no doubt the cheap version is being prepared at the same time as the deluxe version so when the deluxe version sells out a press release can be issued saying "it appears that not enough copies were pressed which have left Elvis fans having to go without..."

:wink:

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 pm

What's the sound quality?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk