Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Where did you hear that?

Re: i heard a soundboard from september 70 is coming soon

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:52 pm

The Norwegian Fan Club
The man who runs the club ;)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

A September 1970 tour show would be far more interesting, as we have exactly no in-line recordings.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Exactly what i was thinkin too Doc
that would be great :)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Makaveli wrote:dont know if it is vegas september or tour from september
anyone knows anything about this?

Heard the same thing from other source.......over a year ago :?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 pm

oh ok :)
hope it will come soon.
i will try to check with more info tomorrow

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm

It will be the dinner or midnight show (or both) from early september 1970.
Las vegas, not on tour.
the release was planned a year back, but something came inbetween.
hope this great dedicated fan finds a way to bring this release to us this time around.
nothing i can say more about this, because i don't know anything more.
the only thing i 100% do know is that it will be a bootleg release and that it will be a soundboard from the first week of september 1970. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it will be released before the end of september.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 pm

thank you so much for the great info :)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm

jekhb76 wrote:the only thing i 100% do know is that it will be a bootleg release

That's a shame.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Matthew wrote:
jekhb76 wrote:the only thing i 100% do know is that it will be a bootleg release

That's a shame.

No. That is excellent. FTD has so many other things to release. Plus, the bootleggers stick to the 5" format which I much prefer when it comes to soundboards (not Classic Album releases).

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:No. That is excellent. FTD has so many other things to release. Plus, the bootleggers stick to the 5" format which I much prefer when it comes to soundboards (not Classic Album releases).

It's a shame.

I rarely heard a boot that was mastered worth a damn, plus the distribution is limited.

A tie-in FTD with the new Sony releases would have been neat.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 am

Sony don't have any shows on tape from september / november in their archives, there are some shows in private hands. But these recordings are all soundboard no multi-track.
I'm quite happy with this forthcoming release, even it's not from ftd. That we can listening to these concerts is the only thing that matters. Not the source. ::rocks

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:04 am

Was it offered to FTD?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 am

Don't know.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 am

First of all, great news (if it's true - please let it be so!). It's about time another unreleased soundboard has turned up. I was beginning to think the well had gone dry and I was looking more closely at the latest audience recordings than I used to.

Surely Ernst will be desperate to get his hands on this. They released the Boston 1971 show even though it had been released multiple times on bootleg. Ernst genuinely seems very keen to achieve his aim of releasing at least one FTD for each tour/Tahoe or Vegas engagement. Getting his hands on this soundboard for FTD release may actually make it a more realistic aim.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 am

charro1971 wrote:Ernst genuinely seems very keen to achieve his aim of releasing at least one FTD for each tour/Tahoe or Vegas engagement. Getting his hands on this soundboard for FTD release may actually make it a more realistic aim.

FTD have released two concert releases from this Vegas season, and BMG two others.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 am

Yes Matthew, but I think what charro1971 meant was the tour from 1970, not the vegas stand.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:08 am

jekhb76 wrote:Yes Matthew, but I think what charro1971 meant was the tour from 1970, not the vegas stand.

Indeed I was referring to the September tour. I missed your post further up. My mistake.

Pity it's not a Sep '70 tour soundboard but at this current time any unreleased soundboard from 1969-1973 is most welcome.
Last edited by charro1971 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 am

jekhb76 wrote:It will be the dinner or midnight show (or both) from early september 1970.
Las vegas, not on tour.
the release was planned a year back, but something came inbetween.
hope this great dedicated fan finds a way to bring this release to us this time around.
nothing i can say more about this, because i don't know anything more.
the only thing i 100% do know is that it will be a bootleg release and that it will be a soundboard from the first week of september 1970. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it will be released before the end of september.

i have known about this for 2 years and heard about 20 minutes of part of the show and its EXCELLENT..... i had better NOT say anymore or else i will be overloaded by private messages (as often seems to happen) but if this does come out it would be EXTREMELY WELCOME because Elvis is in GREAT FORM! :smt007 8) :lol:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:01 am

maybe Tampa ?? 8)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 am

Matthew wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:No. That is excellent. FTD has so many other things to release. Plus, the bootleggers stick to the 5" format which I much prefer when it comes to soundboards (not Classic Album releases).

It's a shame.

I rarely heard a boot that was mastered worth a damn, plus the distribution is limited.

Well, FTD and Sony can achieve better sound than any bootlegger on studio material, that is a fact. But in this case we're talking about a soundboard, and that's a different scenario. Did FTD offer a better version of the Boston '71 than Madison did? No, they didn't. There is only so much you can do with a soundboard.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:21 am

::rocks Hi ale, as i mentioned before it's not an on tour show from september 1970.
So i can safetly say it's not tampa, florida. It will be a show from the first week of september.
there is a great guy who has bought several years ago two soundboards from this last week of elvis 3rd vegas gig. Two shows from the same day. The dinner and midnight. It will feature the first live version of johnny b.goode we have from 1970 in soundboard. I don't heard anything from these tapes, so i can't say nothing about the sound. So please don't pm me for more info.if i had more info i would share it. :sosorry:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:18 pm

A 2CD set of 2 unreleased soundboards! :smt007

I really hope that Elvis performs Tiger Man, I Just Can't Help Believing (with the big cymbal crash ending), I've Lost You and Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' in them.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Did FTD offer a better version of the Boston '71 than Madison did? No, they didn't. There is only so much you can do with a soundboard.

Actually, there were many comments at the time praising the FTD version over the boot, including comments about better overall EQ and better bass.

Then of course mostly FTD versions of previous soundboard boots have rated higher in the audio department, recent examples including Showtime!, On Stage Season, The Return to Vegas...

You never know what a bootlegger's going to do to the sound and again, distribution and ease of access is better with FTD.