Flaming Star - On Blu-Ray - Out In November

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Josee

Re: Flaming Star - On Blu-Ray - Out In November

Post by Josee »

L Ray wrote:
jekhb76 wrote:There will be 10 to 15 releases coming between august 2014 and august 2015 on blue-ray.

Before it was 5. Can you tell me more about your 10 to 15 prediction?
Yes, I'm curious too. And although I would be more than happy, I believe it to be wishful thinking.

jekhb76
Registered for: 21 years

Post by jekhb76 »

Sorry my mistake,

There won't be 10 to 15 releases on blue-ray within the next year.
I must have read it wrong somehow. There will be 4 more titles coming between august 2014 and august 2015, but the titles are unknown as of yet.
below is the newsupdate on this subject.

Flaming Star limited edition Blu-ray release in November
Following 'Follow That Dream' on blu-ray (August 12) will be Flaming Star in the second week of November. Again, this will be released on Blu-ray as an exclusive, limited edition of 3000 copies. There will be at least 4 more titles to be released on Blu-ray between August 2014 and August 2015. Also in August Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release for the first time on blu-ray, 'Elvis: That's The Way It Is : Two Disc Special Edition', and also in a deluxe format, 'Viva Las Vegas' 50th Anniversary on August 12 - both as Premium Blu-ray™ Digibooks. 'Elvis: That's The Way It Is' which was re-edited and remixed for its acclaimed release in 2000, will now debut on Blu-ray™ as a Premium Digibook, newly remastered, and with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.
Blu-ray, Elvis News July 20, 2014 - 5:28:17 PM Read more
Follow That Dream on limited edition Blu-ray d
- See more at: http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/blu-ray/#sthash.ePFbt7BV.dpuf

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years

Post by LSP-4445 »

Since this blu-ray is already available in some countries,how is the quality?
In my country its out next week.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

I will be visiting Twilight Time again!

My Follow That Dream arrived, but I won't open it till my birthday this month. Should be fun.

But Flaming Star is truly big news! And I hope the quality is really top-notch. Just really hope so.

rjm

Sent via mobile

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

jbgude
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by jbgude »

The Blu-ray version is a very good transfer. It is a region free edition as released in India.Due to copyright restrictions it is available for sale to only a few neighboring countries. Amazon.in has deleted this title from its catalog,and it is now available from a few other on-line sellers. If any one is interested you can try flipkart dot com or infibeam dot com they just may mail it to you or you could contact the epfc india on Facebook for help in obtaining this title.

Claus

Post by Claus »

I have received the Scandinavian release today and even though I've only compared a couple of scenes to the 2002 dvd, All I can say is that the BD is a major upgrade. Even upscaled the dvd can't touch the blu. There is a fine layer of grain, plenty of detail and the colors are warmer compared to the dvd. I was a little nervous because the Fox logo at the beginning looked faded but thankfully the film looks great. I can't evaluate the sound properly because I only have a stereo system. The bit-rate is maxed out at above 30 mbits thoroughout most of the film.

The only extra is a trailer.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D .
Claus wrote:I have received the Scandinavian release today and even though I've only compared a couple of scenes to the 2002 dvd, All I can say is that the BD is a major upgrade. Even upscaled the dvd can't touch the blu. There is a fine layer of grain, plenty of detail and the colors are warmer compared to the dvd. I was a little nervous because the Fox logo at the beginning looked faded but thankfully the film looks great. I can't evaluate the sound properly because I only have a stereo system. The bit-rate is maxed out at above 30 mbits thoroughout most of the film.

Question: beside USA (November release), Scandinavia (September release) & India (August release), will this Blu-ray be available in other European countries as well? :roll:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Josee

Post by Josee »

Claus wrote:I have received the Scandinavian release today and even though I've only compared a couple of scenes to the 2002 dvd, All I can say is that the BD is a major upgrade. Even upscaled the dvd can't touch the blu. There is a fine layer of grain, plenty of detail and the colors are warmer compared to the dvd. I was a little nervous because the Fox logo at the beginning looked faded but thankfully the film looks great. I can't evaluate the sound properly because I only have a stereo system. The bit-rate is maxed out at above 30 mbits thoroughout most of the film.

I've a question too. Could you tell me if it's subtitled in other languages (English, Dutch etc...) because some websites only mention the 4 Scandinavian languages.

Claus

Post by Claus »

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese.

Josee

Post by Josee »

Claus wrote:Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese.
Thank you. I'm going to order it straight away, then.

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

Thanks for the info. I will wait for Nov. so it is good to have some positive information ahead of time. This is a Fox movie. LMT in my opinion, is outstanding in Blu. Do you think Flaming Star comes close to being that good or is it more like FTD Blu-ray in regards to picture quality?

Claus

Post by Claus »

The FTD restoration was also done by Fox. It's very difficult to compare pq like that but Flaming Star looks better, imo. It probably also looked better in the theaters than FTD ever did. The image is clean. I didn't notice any dirt, but it's also a little soft.

Topic author
Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Claus wrote:The FTD restoration was also done by Fox. It's very difficult to compare pq like that but Flaming Star looks better, imo. It probably also looked better in the theaters than FTD ever did. The image is clean. I didn't notice any dirt, but it's also a little soft.
are you able to show us some screenshots?

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Claus

Post by Claus »

Sorry, no. I don't have a BD-drive.

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

jekhb76 wrote:Sorry my mistake,

There won't be 10 to 15 releases on blue-ray within the next year.
I must have read it wrong somehow. There will be 4 more titles coming between august 2014 and august 2015, but the titles are unknown as of yet.
below is the newsupdate on this subject.

Flaming Star limited edition Blu-ray release in November
Following 'Follow That Dream' on blu-ray (August 12) will be Flaming Star in the second week of November. Again, this will be released on Blu-ray as an exclusive, limited edition of 3000 copies. There will be at least 4 more titles to be released on Blu-ray between August 2014 and August 2015. Also in August Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release for the first time on blu-ray, 'Elvis: That's The Way It Is : Two Disc Special Edition', and also in a deluxe format, 'Viva Las Vegas' 50th Anniversary on August 12 - both as Premium Blu-ray™ Digibooks. 'Elvis: That's The Way It Is' which was re-edited and remixed for its acclaimed release in 2000, will now debut on Blu-ray™ as a Premium Digibook, newly remastered, and with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.
Blu-ray, Elvis News July 20, 2014 - 5:28:17 PM Read more
Follow That Dream on limited edition Blu-ray d
- See more at: http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/blu-ray/#sthash.ePFbt7BV.dpuf

In Europe, Flaming Star, Love Me Tender and Follow That Dream were released in a boxed set of DVDs with Wild in the Country, Kid Galahad, Frankie and Johnny and Clambake. Since these titles are not owned by WB or Paramount, and have been batched together in the past, they might well be the (rather unlikely) 4 extra Blu-ray titles.

We can only hope that isn't the case, and we're going to get Loving You, King Creole, G I Blues and Blue Hawaii instead, but this seems unlikely. Warner have seemingly acquired the Elvis Paramount films for home video release, and so would be unlikely to lease them out to a company such as Twilight Time so soon when they have their own release programme.

DayVee Bee
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DayVee Bee »

Flaming Star [1960] [Region Free] Blu Ray is now available on Amazon.co.uk for £12-90 (only 8 left in stock) :D

"I'm too Crazy to be Serious!"

Josee

Post by Josee »

DayVee Bee wrote:Flaming Star [1960] [Region Free] Blu Ray is now available on Amazon.co.uk for £12-90 (only 8 left in stock) :D
I was trying to order at a Swedish website, but I didn't succeed too wel as I don't understand the language. Anyway I've ordered now at Amazon.uk. Thanks for the info.

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years

Post by LSP-4445 »

Saw FS blu-ray in my local dvd/bluray/game store today so picked it up.
Will watch this weekend :D

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

DayVee Bee wrote:Flaming Star [1960] [Region Free] Blu Ray is now available on Amazon.co.uk for £12-90 (only 8 left in stock) :D
Make that 2 now!.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Make that 2 now!.

The heck with waiting for Nov. I just ordered from UK, good price too.

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Make that 2 now!.

Same here :D

Topic author
Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Sold out on amazon now!

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Johnny2523 wrote:Sold out on amazon now!
:wtf:. sh*t! :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Make that 2 now!.

Same here :D

They have already shipped and it will arrive in about a week!!!! :D