Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Flaming Star - On Blu-Ray - Out In November

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Johnny2523 wrote:
charro1971 wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:FRANKIE & JOHNNY - now available on Apple iTunes TV in HD.

Could it be released on Blu-ray soon?
Interesting. Any other Elvis films available in HD on Itunes?

Frankie and Johnny is not one of my favourite Elvis films.
but to see the underated ''please dont stop loving me'' scene would be great in HD
Agree!, love this song and the scenery 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Phil
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Phil »

charro1971 wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:FRANKIE & JOHNNY - now available on Apple iTunes TV in HD.

There is also G.I Blues and Easy Come Easy Go in HD on itunes

Phil

r&b

Post by r&b »

I liked this movie a lot more years ago. When I saw it recently , it did seem a bit cliched and I didnt think Elvis was as good as I originally thought. Still, it is better than 80% of his movies with a good cast & director. I think all Elvis movies up thru 1962 should be on blu-ray in addition to the ones we already have. The others are simply not worth it.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

r&b wrote: I think all Elvis movies up thru 1962 should be on blu-ray in addition to the ones we already have. The others are simply not worth it.
the others would be worth it too, especially if they contained some bonus footage / special features!! :D

r&b

Post by r&b »

sweetangeline wrote:
r&b wrote: I think all Elvis movies up thru 1962 should be on blu-ray in addition to the ones we already have. The others are simply not worth it.
the others would be worth it too, especially if they contained some bonus footage / special features!! :D
Yes, that would be a reason. But as you know, us fans are never treated to such stuff. BTW, where is all the extra outtake or not used scenes footage from Elvis films? Has anyone ever said?

a mess of polk salad
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Location: I've been a millionaire since I was 21, it's just a hobby to me...

Post by a mess of polk salad »

Phil wrote:
charro1971 wrote:

Yes I loved G.I Blues in HD. Easy Come was good too but G.I Blues upped it I think.

The moment we're living is now, now now now now now ...

Topic author
Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Arent Itunes HD Movies (from elvis) Just Upscales instead of true bluray quality?

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

a mess of polk salad

Johnny2523 wrote:Arent Itunes HD Movies (from elvis) Just Upscales instead of true bluray quality?
Not sure but 'Love Me Tender' & 'G.I Blues' have terrific pictures.

charro1971
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by charro1971 »

Phil wrote:
:smt001 Easy Come Easy Go in HD. One of my favourite Elvis films. I'd definitely like to see that, especially with all those beautifully filmed underwater scenes and watery locations. Charro in HD would be cool too. Hopefully all 31 Elvis films will be released on Blu-ray.

"A song from my recent TV show, which was pretty bad, but you know... you can't win 'em all!" - Elvis Presley (August 25 1969 DS)
"My favourite guitar player on lead guitar, say hello to James Burton. Young man on rhythm guitar; he's fair to mediocre, John Wilkinson." (February 19 1970 MS)
"My mouth feels like Bob Dylan slept in it." (February 21 1971 MS)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, my name is B.B. King" (August 16 1971 MS)
"Ed Sullivan looked at me and said "mmm, son of a b**ch." Nah, he's a nice... old chap." (January 27 1973 DS)
"I'm allowed on stage for 55 minutes to 1 hour. That's what they say. I say about 35 minutes!" (March 22 1975 MS)

a mess of polk salad

charro1971 wrote:
Phil wrote:
:smt001 Easy Come Easy Go in HD. One of my favourite Elvis films. I'd definitely like to see that, especially with all those beautifully filmed underwater scenes and watery locations. Charro in HD would be cool too. Hopefully all 31 Elvis films will be released on Blu-ray.
I've seen Charro in HD (Apple itunes) --> the HD experience definitely improved it.

davide
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by davide »

Johnny2523 wrote:Arent Itunes HD Movies (from elvis) Just Upscales instead of true bluray quality?
No they are not upscales, but they are 720p rather than the 1080p.

David

cliveatdell
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by cliveatdell »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me where i can order Follow That Dream blu ray from in Europe?
Thks

stibman
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by stibman »

And of course and as usual, there will be no extras like behind-the-scenes, deleted scenes etc...
Why is it that Elvis is the only artist whose dvds and blurays have no extras ?
Maybe because they know by now that we, silly fans, will buy them anyway and then, maybe in a few months, there will be new releases with a little something extra, knowing that we will buy them again.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

stibman wrote:And of course and as usual, there will be no extras like behind-the-scenes, deleted scenes etc...
Maybe because they know by now that we, silly fans, will buy them anyway and then, maybe in a few months, there will be new releases with a little something extra, knowing that we will buy them again.
...they change the cover now and then and it seems to help sell more :wink:

Claus

Post by Claus »

stibman wrote:And of course and as usual, there will be no extras like behind-the-scenes, deleted scenes etc...
That happens a lot of times and I couldn't care less. When I started buying dvds, I cared a lot about the special features but I later realized that I hardly ever watch them anyway. Give me a nice transfer and I'm happy.

stibman
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by stibman »

Claus wrote:
That happens a lot of times and I couldn't care less. When I started buying dvds, I cared a lot about the special features but I later realized that I hardly ever watch them anyway. Give me a nice transfer and I'm happy.
Man, are you serious ? You don' care because they aren't Elvis', but i bet, you and i and everybody else, will be watching them over and over again if they put any Elvis behind-the scene extra.

r&b

Post by r&b »

stibman wrote:
Claus wrote:
Man, are you serious ? You don' care because they aren't Elvis', but i bet, you and i and everybody else, will be watching them over and over again if they put any Elvis behind-the scene extra.
Yup. Sometimes, when I have seen the movie or TV show so many times, I go straight to the bonus features if I havent seen them in a while. It would be fantastic to have that kind of stuff on an Elvis DVD movie, especially one I have seen countless times. The bonus features would be 'new'!

Claus

Post by Claus »

stibman wrote:
Claus wrote:
Yes, I'm serious. I know that there are bonus features on the Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock releases but I haven't watched them. I heard about 30 minutes of the VLV commentary track and that's all.
And what extras would you like to see on Flaming Star or Follow That Dream for that matter. They aren't exactly classics.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Claus wrote:
stibman wrote:
Claus wrote:
Yes, I'm serious. I know that there are bonus features on the Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender and Jailhouse Rock releases but I haven't watched them. I heard about 30 minutes of the VLV commentary track and that's all.
And what extras would you like to see on Flaming Star or Follow That Dream for that matter. They aren't exactly classics.
Compared to most of the rest of the films of the 60's, they are Gone With The Wind.

As for extras, the only ones that interest me are deleted scenes and outtakes. Obviously Elvis didnt attend premieres or sit for any interviews when these films were being made and didnt live long enough to do them when home video releases started like Sinatra did for the release of Manchurian Candidate, etc.

Julian Grant
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by Julian Grant »

rollinson1 wrote:are they actually remastered Bluray or just old copies transferred to a bluray disc.
I'm doubtful and its my concern. "Elvis On Tour" Blu-Ray was extremely disappointing. I'm optimistic that "Elvis: That's The Way It Is" will be of the same superb quality of "Viva Las Vegas" but the others, well, as I said.

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

TCK_KING wrote:Only 6 weeks to go in some countries before this blu-ray hit retail.

Next week for South Korea.

jbgude
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by jbgude »

"Flaming Star " is now available in India :costs around $14 approx. it is a 1080P transfer and region free. Not sure if Amazon.in can ship this release to all countries, due to copyright restrictions.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

Johnny2523 wrote:Following 'Follow That Dream' on blu-ray (August 12) will be Flaming Star in the second week of November. Again, this will be released on Blu-ray as an exclusive, limited edition of 3000 copies. There will be at least 4 more titles to be released on Blu-ray between August 2014 and August 2015.

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/blu-ray/flaming-star-limited-edition-blu-ray-release-in-november.shtml#sthash.rQtx67Rm.dpuf

Just thought I'd mention that FS is now officially listed for Nov. 11 release date on Twilight Time.

jekhb76
Registered for: 21 years

Post by jekhb76 »

There will be 10 to 15 releases coming between august 2014 and august 2015 on blue-ray.

L Ray

Post by L Ray »

jekhb76 wrote:There will be 10 to 15 releases coming between august 2014 and august 2015 on blue-ray.

Before it was 5. Can you tell me more about your 10 to 15 prediction?