Will there be more soundboards from Audionics?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Will there be more soundboards from Audionics?

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

When they released their soundboards last year, Audionics said in their press releases that they were just "warming up", or something to that effect, and it seemed like there were more interesting stuff on the way. So do you guys think there will more soundboards from them? Maybe they will step up and become the new bootleg kings and help us all get over the awful demise of Madison! I hope so.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on Audionics' last CD with the Tuscaloosa show on it. Is that one worth tracking down? Or are the highlights already released on other CDs?

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Re: Will there be more soundboards from Audionics?

Post by hm80ep »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:When they released their soundboards last year, Audionics said in their press releases that they were just "warming up", or something to that effect, and it seemed like there were more interesting stuff on the way. So do you guys think there will more soundboards from them? Maybe they will step up and become the new bootleg kings and help us all get over the awful demise of Madison! I hope so.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on Audionics' last CD with the Tuscaloosa show on it. Is that one worth tracking down? Or are the highlights already released on other CDs?
If I remember correctly, Rock Legend said some time ago that the Shreveport show (released on The Creeping Crud Express) was the last soundboard tape left from the good old days and that the well went dry. Will we see another unreleased soundboard out any time soon? I think we will, but I guess it's going to be through the official channel (FTD) rather than on bootleg. On the other hand, who knows...

PS. I didn't get Things Get Loose In Tuscaloosa. I'm fine having Deep Down South in my collection.

Henryk

Rock Legend
Suspended for one week
Suspended for one week

Post by Rock Legend »

hm80ep wrote: If I remember correctly, Rock Legend said some time ago that the Shreveport show (released on The Creeping Crud Express) was the last soundboard tape left from the good old days and that the well went dry.
That's basically correct.

It is my understanding that the import labels have virtually nothing left at present.
The only exception to that is Mr ‘Boxcar’, who played me fragments from two September 1970 shows when I met him two years ago. He also said that there is another September ’70 show which was sold to somebody in the U.K. Let’s hope that these shows will be released… The material he played was truly amazing, and pretty good sound too.

londonflash
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by londonflash »

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

It would be fascinating to hear recordings from Elvis' first tour in well over a decade.

Let's hope they see the light of day in the next few years.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rock Legend
Suspended for one week
Suspended for one week

Post by Rock Legend »

Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

As I recall, he said the third one was from one day earlier.

Kenneth
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Kenneth »

Rock Legend wrote:Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

Thanks for great news. Then Mr Boxcar have a soundboard recording of both Johnny B. Goode and his fantastic medley of Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On. I love the shows from September 70 in Vegas. More fun and joy.

Topic author
Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Thanks for the input. Maybe there was a bit of hype and exaggeration in the press releases... But I did love the "Houston" CD as it was such a special show, and it was great to discuss it here on FECC. It's rare that an Elvis release triggers so much discussions these days.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Rock Legend wrote:Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

Thanks for the clarification.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Thanks for the input. Maybe there was a bit of hype and exaggeration in the press releases... But I did love the "Houston" CD as it was such a special show, and it was great to discuss it here on FECC. It's rare that an Elvis release triggers so much discussions these days.
Yeah, it's certainly a lot quieter than it was a few years ago, but then we've had so many great releases...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

charro1971
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by charro1971 »

Perhaps there are few standard soundboards to release but I wonder if there are more instrument-focused soundboards out there such as that found on Echoes of Aloha and Aloha Jerry. I would definitely be interested in more of these. Although the fact that Elvis' voice is quiet is annoying, one notices the band's playing more.

"A song from my recent TV show, which was pretty bad, but you know... you can't win 'em all!" - Elvis Presley (August 25 1969 DS)
"My favourite guitar player on lead guitar, say hello to James Burton. Young man on rhythm guitar; he's fair to mediocre, John Wilkinson." (February 19 1970 MS)
"My mouth feels like Bob Dylan slept in it." (February 21 1971 MS)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, my name is B.B. King" (August 16 1971 MS)
"Ed Sullivan looked at me and said "mmm, son of a b**ch." Nah, he's a nice... old chap." (January 27 1973 DS)
"I'm allowed on stage for 55 minutes to 1 hour. That's what they say. I say about 35 minutes!" (March 22 1975 MS)