Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Will there be more soundboards from Audionics?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm

When they released their soundboards last year, Audionics said in their press releases that they were just "warming up", or something to that effect, and it seemed like there were more interesting stuff on the way. So do you guys think there will more soundboards from them? Maybe they will step up and become the new bootleg kings and help us all get over the awful demise of Madison! I hope so.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on Audionics' last CD with the Tuscaloosa show on it. Is that one worth tracking down? Or are the highlights already released on other CDs?

Re: Will there be more soundboards from Audionics?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:When they released their soundboards last year, Audionics said in their press releases that they were just "warming up", or something to that effect, and it seemed like there were more interesting stuff on the way. So do you guys think there will more soundboards from them? Maybe they will step up and become the new bootleg kings and help us all get over the awful demise of Madison! I hope so.

I'd also like to hear your opinions on Audionics' last CD with the Tuscaloosa show on it. Is that one worth tracking down? Or are the highlights already released on other CDs?

If I remember correctly, Rock Legend said some time ago that the Shreveport show (released on The Creeping Crud Express) was the last soundboard tape left from the good old days and that the well went dry. Will we see another unreleased soundboard out any time soon? I think we will, but I guess it's going to be through the official channel (FTD) rather than on bootleg. On the other hand, who knows...

PS. I didn't get Things Get Loose In Tuscaloosa. I'm fine having Deep Down South in my collection.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:19 pm

hm80ep wrote: If I remember correctly, Rock Legend said some time ago that the Shreveport show (released on The Creeping Crud Express) was the last soundboard tape left from the good old days and that the well went dry.

That's basically correct.

It is my understanding that the import labels have virtually nothing left at present.
The only exception to that is Mr ‘Boxcar’, who played me fragments from two September 1970 shows when I met him two years ago. He also said that there is another September ’70 show which was sold to somebody in the U.K. Let’s hope that these shows will be released… The material he played was truly amazing, and pretty good sound too.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:44 pm

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

It would be fascinating to hear recordings from Elvis' first tour in well over a decade.

Let's hope they see the light of day in the next few years.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

As I recall, he said the third one was from one day earlier.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

Thanks for great news. Then Mr Boxcar have a soundboard recording of both Johnny B. Goode and his fantastic medley of Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On. I love the shows from September 70 in Vegas. More fun and joy.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input. Maybe there was a bit of hype and exaggeration in the press releases... But I did love the "Houston" CD as it was such a special show, and it was great to discuss it here on FECC. It's rare that an Elvis release triggers so much discussions these days.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Both shows are from September 2, 1970 - so this was in Vegas, not on tour.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Thanks for the input. Maybe there was a bit of hype and exaggeration in the press releases... But I did love the "Houston" CD as it was such a special show, and it was great to discuss it here on FECC. It's rare that an Elvis release triggers so much discussions these days.

Yeah, it's certainly a lot quieter than it was a few years ago, but then we've had so many great releases...

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Perhaps there are few standard soundboards to release but I wonder if there are more instrument-focused soundboards out there such as that found on Echoes of Aloha and Aloha Jerry. I would definitely be interested in more of these. Although the fact that Elvis' voice is quiet is annoying, one notices the band's playing more.