Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: EPE removing plane exhibits from Graceland

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:46 am

As previously stated, Priscilla tweeted in response to the onslaught of upset fans. She said they were negotiating and to please "calm down."

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:52 am

I love the attitude in her tweet. EPE sends the owner a letter, saying, "Get your airplanes out of here." He apparently shows it to the media. She tell us to "calm down."

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:28 am

Sure those who made the planes come stay at Graceland in the first place(Including Priscilla I guess) would like to see them stay where they belong.........as we all do.

I`ve never been to Memphis yet, but when I do(Hopefully in the next few years), I would really like to see the planes to be a part of my trip.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:46 am

Robert wrote:The Lisa Marie should stay.
When I first entered EP blvd I spotted the plane immediately and I never forget how I felt.
It's like stepping into Elvis life and it's a historic artifact if you ask me.

EPE should sort this out.

I think you summed it up perfectly.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 am

If EPE is looking at a way to change/improve the Graceland tour while keeping the planes, perhaps the Lisa Marie could be enclosed in some sort of building (like Ronald Reagan's Air Force One at his Presidential Library) as a centerpiece of an "Elvis--The Concert Years" experience.

There could be several small exhibit halls showcasing things like stage costumes, musical instruments, and tour memorabilia. A small theater could show "Elvis On Tour" or "Aloha from Hawaii" on a rotating basis.

Of course, this would be a significant capital expenditure, especially if a much needed restoration/preservation of the Lisa Marie were completed, and would be passed on to visitors. However, I would be willing to pay an extra $10.00 for an upgraded presentation of the planes.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 am

elvisjock wrote:I love the attitude in her tweet. EPE sends the owner a letter, saying, "Get your airplanes out of here." He apparently shows it to the media. She tell us to "calm down."

It's like what Twitter was supposed to be, but usually isn't. You can almost HEAR her voice going "calm DOWN" w/attitude! And shoulder action, sway of the head, grimmace, eyes rolling.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Statement from Priscilla:

"The people who own the plane put the release out to intentionally upset everyone. We’re on top of it. Thank you for your trust in us. We will soon be putting out a release about some new and exciting things happening at Graceland. If you want to even hear more about it... come to Graceland in August. That way you will hear it and experience it first hand. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed."

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Bodie wrote:Statement from Priscilla:

"The people who own the plane put the release out to intentionally upset everyone. We’re on top of it. Thank you for your trust in us. We will soon be putting out a release about some new and exciting things happening at Graceland. If you want to even hear more about it... come to Graceland in August. That way you will hear it and experience it first hand. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed."

Thanks for posting!

Why they would want to upset everyone is unbelievable.

I'd say they're doing a good job losing trust vs. making it stronger.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:55 am

Ooooohhhhhh, that mean, nasty, awful airplane owner!

Jack's "Come get your f'n planes" certified letter surely played no part in this drama.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:49 am

joekro1977 wrote:The planes are an essential part of the Graceland experience. I'm very grateful that I toured them as many times as I have in the past, would really be sad to see them leave. Strongly agree that they need some TLC.

I don't know that the planes are an "essential" part, but I've been through them multiple times, so maybe it's not fair for me to say. Many fans have not, so in that respect, I'd hate to see them be removed and not seen again. I think we all need to step back and see how it all plays out before over-reacting.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:33 pm

From the ElvisMatters website. Letter from EPE to the owner of the plane:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 am

K.C. wrote:From the ElvisMatters website. Letter from EPE to the owner of the plane:

The letter on its own is total crap, but probably part of a larger communication flow so indeed, let's wait and see..

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:15 am

Jack might have learned a thing or two from Colonel Parker. This negotiation starts with a bluff. "We're done. Come get your planes. Oh, and be careful what you do with them, without speaking with us first."

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:23 am

This is a tactic so they can devalue the planes and then purchase them for a low price. It would cost the current owners more than its worth to house these somewhere else so they will probably sell them cheap to EPE.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:42 am

When was the last time they purchased any artifacts? Colonel's collection? That was a long time ago.

Perhaps they want the planes relocated, hopefully to a sheltered location, and want the owners to foot at least some of the bill. They may also want to see some preservation work undertaken, as was recently performed on the '73 Stutz.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm

One thing they can do without anyone's permission is scrap them.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:36 pm

They can also cut them into one-inch squares and include them in the next boxed set.