Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just A Thought

Mon May 12, 2003 1:51 am

Wouldn't it of been awesome if Elvis had of sang these songs in Concert,during the 70's.

I Love You Because
Good Rockin' Tonight
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Money Honey
That's When Your Heartaches Begin
My Happiness
One Sided Love Affair

If anyone can think of mare songs to add,feel free to do so.I think it's a shame that he didn't record these songs in later years.

Phill

Good list

Mon May 12, 2003 1:53 am

Good list Tigerman. I would add Wearin' That Loved On Look to the list.

Tony

Mon May 12, 2003 2:00 am

Yes, a great list of woulda-coulda-shoulda.

Just like Elvis sometimes alternated T.A.R.Mama as an opener, he should have sang G.R.T.

A live teaser that really perterbs me in on the 70s box when he attempts "I Was The One" - the band falls in so smooth and perfect on the chords but Elvis aborts it with a laugh about not remembering the words. Damn shame.
That song - the flipside of "Heartbreak Hotel" - has such a 50s nostalgia to it. It's an original Elvis cut.
I Got A Woman is not! It's Ray Charles! Why keep doing that Charles tune every night after night?????

Do more classic Presley tunes!

Oh well, too late now.

Mon May 12, 2003 2:25 am

Hey About this

Take me to the fair
One broken heart for sale
Happy Ending( for the ending of the show)
I want you,I need you,I love you
tutti frutti
too much
wonderful world

Mon May 12, 2003 3:46 pm

What about these:

A Fool Such As I
Mean Woman Blues
Devil In Disguise
Fame & Fortune
Viva Las Vegas
After Loving You
Power Of My Love
Long Black Limo
It's Only Love
We Can Make The Morning
Always On My Mind
For The Heart
Way Down

Comments: I always thought that "A Fool Such As I" had such a nice rythem to it that it should have been a part of the live shows in the 70's.
Also, I think "Viva Las Vegas" could have been a good song to alternate with Mystery Train Tigerman. And, I always thought "Way Down" would have been a good #2 song in the lineup due to it's high energy and rhythem.

Mon May 12, 2003 11:51 pm

50's numbers for the 70's live show: Good Rockin' Tonight; Baby Lets' Play House; I Was The One; Money Honey; So Glad You're Mine; Any Way You Want Me; Loving You; Mean Woman Blues; Too Much; Treat Me Nice; Baby I Don't Care; Don't; Hard Headed Woman; Trouble; When It Rains It Really Pours; A Fool Such As I; Ain't That Lovin' You Baby. 60's: A Mess Of Blues; Such A Night; Surrender!; I Feel So Bad; His Latest Flame; Good Luck Charm; She's Not You; Return To Sender; Devil In Disguise; Crying In The Chapel; Stand By Me; You'll Never Walk Alone; Guitar Man; If I Can Dream; Long Black Limousine; Power Of My Love; After Loving You; Wearin' That Loved On Look; Any Day Now; You'll Think Of Me; Without Love. 70's: Where Did They Go Lord?; Rags To Riches; Got My Mojo Workin'; It's Your Baby, You Rock It; I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water; Tomorrow Never Comes; We Can Make The Morning; Always On My Mind; Separate Ways; Fool; I've Got A Thing About You Baby; Lovin' Arms; I've Got A Feelin' In My Body; Talk About The Good Times; Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues; Your Love's Been A Long time Comin'; Thinking About You; I Can Help; For The Heart; Solitaire; Moody Blue; Way Down. I also wish he didn't just drop Kentucky Rain after the 70 Astrodome shows.

Tue May 13, 2003 12:18 am

TigermanGA wrote:What about these:

And, I always thought "Way Down" would have been a good #2 song in the lineup due to it's high energy and rhythem.

There's a JD Sumner & The Stamps show where they do "Way Down", and you're right: it really sounded awesome live! :D

Thu May 15, 2003 6:32 am

What a shame it was that Elvis didn't put more time into the development of his stage show - post 1970.
There were so many of those great songs from the 50's and 60's.
Many of those songs could have produced with new arrangements to accomodate his "Vegas" program.
- much the same as his performance of A Big Hunk O' Love in 72/73.
That's about the only 50's number Elvis did in the 70's that I really enjoyed - especially from the Satellite program.
I guess "Trying To Get To You" (74) and "Lawdy Miss Clawdy" (71/72/74) were pretty decent as well.
None of these compare to the originals but the new arrangements are a great listen.

Thu May 15, 2003 7:18 am

:? silly as it might sound Elvis could have easily passed off material like 'just tell her jim said hello' or 'puppet on a string' as 'live' - if he'd wanted to! certainly these songs were audience requests at times!