Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: "Love Me Tender" FTD In Stock & Shipping!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:If the situation is such that significant improvements could not be made to the Tupelo recordings, then one has to wonder why a decision was made to re-release it at all when copies of a Golden Celebration are still easy to come by?

There are many sets still available but just on ebay or Amazon were they are only sold by sellers. Why?, because it was deleted by BMG just four years later and has not been reissued again officially until now!

Spot-on, Mike. Over 12 years being officially unavailable is quite different. It's not at all analogous to "the same old material on the retail level releases."

Thanks Doc!. It is what it is......

Of course I wanted it in better sound quality but maybe they couldn´t improve it, but as it is for free (2nd cd), I welcome it because they charge it as it were only 1 cd :smt023.

And now I am waiting for the September/October FTD releases, hope it is Flaming Star & Elvis For Everyone! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

They are £20 each. In most cases, that would buy you a 4 or 5 CD box set by any other artist!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:If the situation is such that significant improvements could not be made to the Tupelo recordings, then one has to wonder why a decision was made to re-release it at all when copies of a Golden Celebration are still easy to come by?

There are many sets still available but just on ebay or Amazon were they are only sold by sellers. Why?, because it was deleted by BMG just four years later and has not been reissued again officially until now!

Spot-on, Mike. Over 12 years being officially unavailable is quite different. It's not at all analogous to "the same old material on the retail level releases."

Thanks Doc!. It is what it is......

Of course I wanted it in better sound quality but maybe they couldn´t improve it, but as it is for free (2nd cd), I welcome it because they charge it as it were only 1 cd :smt023.

And now I am waiting for the September/October FTD releases, hope it is Flaming Star & Elvis For Everyone! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

They are £20 each. In most cases, that would buy you a 4 or 5 CD box set by any other artist!

a 5CD box of the Best of .... most likely! nothing unreleased.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Tony.. wrote:They are £20 each. In most cases, that would buy you a 4 or 5 CD box set by any other artist!

You're well aware you're not comparing apples to apples with this statement.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 am

Does anyone know why they omitted the last announcement (1:49) on the 2nd Tupelo show on the new FTD?
There's plenty of space left on the CD.