Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Love Me Tender" FTD In Stock & Shipping!

Wed May 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Shop Elvis posted this message today:

Love Me Tender FTD CD
in stock and now shipping

This 2-disc 7" set celebrates Elvis' first motion picture LOVE ME TENDER from 1956. Elvis first performed 'Love Me Tender' on the Ed Sullivan Show (September 9) and pre-sales reached over 1 million before its release on September 28. Disc 1 features the original Love Me Tender EP, bonus tracks, outtakes, stereo masters, and an interview with Elvis. Disc 2 features the legendary live show from the Mississippi Alabama State Fair and Dairy Show held in Tupelo on September 26.

MT

Re: "Love Me Tender" FTD In Stock & Shipping!

Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Shop Elvis posted this message today:

Love Me Tender FTD CD

This 2-disc 7" set celebrates Elvis' first motion picture LOVE ME TENDER from 1956. Elvis first performed 'Love Me Tender' on the Ed Sullivan Show (September 9) and pre-sales reached over 1 million before its release on September 28. Disc 1 features the original Love Me Tender EP, bonus tracks, outtakes, stereo masters, and an interview with Elvis. Disc 2 features the legendary live show from the Mississippi Alabama State Fair and Dairy Show held in Tupelo on September 26.

MT

There are actually two of these legendary live shows on Disc 2 ... not that it matters to Shop Elvis, I guess.

Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm in no rush to get this seeing as it is 95% rehashed material.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:16 am

I'm in no hurry. But I do plan to buy it eventually. I usually make my FTD purchases in groups of 3.

Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Love Me Tender FTD CD

MT

There are actually two of these legendary live shows on Disc 2 ... not that it matters to Shop Elvis, I guess.

Not that it matters to FTD either, seeing how this information comes from the FTD newsletter.

Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 am

i am NOT buying this FTD......just about Zero 'new' for me......

Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am

YDKM wrote:i am NOT buying this FTD......just about Zero 'new' for me......

Same here.

Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 pm

YDKM wrote:i am NOT buying this FTD......

Don't fool yourself, YDKM. You will not be able to resist the urge. :D

Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
YDKM wrote:i am NOT buying this FTD......

Don't fool yourself, YDKM. You will not be able to resist the urge. :D

i can as i ONLY buy what is new these days and this is certainly NOT NEW.
about FTD it's TIME It got it's failing act together and released more new' stuff' soundboard or other stuff :?
only 'new' stuff these days comes from SA ...other labels just re-master and call it a 'new release :?

Fri May 30, 2014 5:53 pm

According to a email I received today, FTD (Denmark) have issued apologies to respective supplies about delays in recent releases,this is due to Roger Semon spends most of his time in Florida and Ernst is spending more and more time in New York consulting for Sony Music and working on their Elvis catalogue.

Does this mean the FTD side of things are beginning to come to it's conclusion in a year or so as Sony's concern may be aim more and more at the general public market rather than the collector's side?

With the slow down in sales on FTD we all have to realise that sooner or later this may end?..... I hear a hooray from some corners and a aah from others.

Just a footnote details of July's title(s) will be announced at the end of June....hopefully. :smt006

::rocks ::rocks

Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Tracey-Jayne wrote:Just a footnote details of July's title(s) will be announced at the end of June....hopefully.

Looks like the info is already out (at least in part) thanks to Elvis: The Man & His Music:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83121

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83132

Fri May 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Love Me Tender FTD CD

MT

MT,
Where on the website did they post this info?

Thanks!

Fri May 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tracey-Jayne wrote:According to a email I received today, FTD (Denmark) have issued apologies to respective supplies about delays in recent releases,this is due to Roger Semon spends most of his time in Florida and Ernst is spending more and more time in New York consulting for Sony Music and working on their Elvis catalogue.

Roger Semon: Honeymoon in Florida??? :smt005.
Ernst Jorgensen: New York Stock Exchange broker??? smt174.

Bye for now :smt006.

Fri May 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Is Shop Elvis USA including the replacement disc for the Destination CD with the new FTD?

Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Shop Elvis shipped my "Love Me Tender" yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. I don't know if the replacement disc is included, but will let you know when the parcel arrives. In the past, they have included replacement discs when needed, so I'm expecting it to be included this time as well

MT

Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Shop Elvis shipped my "Love Me Tender" yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. I don't know if the replacement disc is included, but will let you know when the parcel arrives. In the past, they have included replacement discs when needed, so I'm expecting it to be included this time as well

Apparently, Shop Elvis does not yet have its replacement stock of discs from FTD. It will likely be a separate shipment for the replacement disc. Looks like fans will be stuck with Tulsa's See See Rider a bit longer.

YDKM wrote:i am NOT buying this FTD......just about Zero 'new' for me......

Well, that is going to be an issue moving forward. The well of archival studio material is certainly drying up to some degree. The FTD editions of "Elvis" and now "Love Me Tender" are glorified reissues of great material; with nearly all of it being previously released. They are well sequenced, constructed products on their own right, but for the majority of fans FTD caters to, the material is simply a recycling of material already in most collector's collections. It appears FTD has decided to fill in the gaps of missing "classic album series" titles that do not have associated unreleased outtake material by simply creating deluxe packages of mostly previously released material. Hopefully FTD does not continue down this road indefinitely.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Shop Elvis shipped my "Love Me Tender" yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. I don't know if the replacement disc is included, but will let you know when the parcel arrives. In the past, they have included replacement discs when needed, so I'm expecting it to be included this time as well

MT

My new LMT FTD arrived today. No replacement disc for Destination USA enclosed with it.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

May I ask, what material exactly is previously unreleased FTD, Sony, RCA or White Whale?

I miss my Keith Flynn!

Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if Sony/Legacy did a box set (like the YMWTBB) but for the American Sound stuff? Putting together all the existing outtakes and mono and stereo masters etc with a nice booklet. I think it deserves this treatment.

Just a thought.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if Sony/Legacy did a box set (like the YMWTBB) but for the American Sound stuff? Putting together all the existing outtakes and mono and stereo masters etc with a nice booklet. I think it deserves this treatment.

Just a thought.

Yes, it deserves this treatment. But speaking strictly for myself, I own the 3 FTD releases of this material as well as all the main label releases. That's enough for me. But, to each his/her own if it ever happens.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:57 am

JerryNodak wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if Sony/Legacy did a box set (like the YMWTBB) but for the American Sound stuff? Putting together all the existing outtakes and mono and stereo masters etc with a nice booklet. I think it deserves this treatment.

Just a thought.

Yes, it deserves this treatment. But speaking strictly for myself, I own the 3 FTD releases of this material as well as all the main label releases. That's enough for me. But, to each his/her own if it ever happens.

Yes, i have them too. But i would replace them for a nice box set though...

Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:05 am

Problem is, lately these deluxe box sets are coming packaged in these large to medium sized "suitcases" which I have no room to store. I'm good with what I've got.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:57 am

I, too, received Love Me Tender -- just pried it out of the mailbox and I'm scanning it into my music server as I type.

Of course I expect exactly zero surprises, but we'll see what they might have done to clean up the fairgrounds shows ...

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 am

covers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:46 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

djmaciek wrote:covers:

Love it :smt007. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.