Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: That's The Way It Is 8 CD (SONY) Box Set : CONFIRMED

Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 am

Squire Smart wrote:Do you think the two unreleased shows will be released by FTD in the future as separate discs? It'd be nice to have the new box set but like most other fans and collectors I've pretty much got everything already from the TTWIS period. I'd only want to have the two shows so I have them as official releases.

Of course, if I won the lottery it'd be a whole different story!!

It would be nice and mainstream/FTD crossovers have happened lately. With one of the unreleased concerts now purported to be on the two disc set, I'm this close to cancelling my deluxe set pre-order and sticking with just the two disc set for now and seeing what happens...

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:05 am

How does the August 12th Dinner Show compare to the Midnight Show?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Matthew wrote:How does the August 12th Dinner Show compare to the Midnight Show?

The food was better?

(Sorry.)

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:51 am

Did this set get a new cover? Check out amazon's link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGM ... UTF8&psc=1

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:41 am

DJL wrote:Did this set get a new cover? Check out amazon's link to it:

If the producers have any sense that will not be the final cover!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:05 am

Hi,

I received an advance copy of the audio (as a download) and also the cover which is as shown on amazon. I guess it is the final artwork as this is what is being sent to the press. Hoping to get a pdf of the booklet soon.

Peter

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:22 am

I'm hoping the 'deluxe edition' banner will be on a wraparound or something on the retail/ physical edition or just not there at all really!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Ty@TheFilmFrontier wrote:
Matthew wrote:How does the August 12th Dinner Show compare to t :D he Midnight Show?

The food was better?

(Sorry.)

Love it! :D

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Matthew wrote:
DJL wrote:Did this set get a new cover? Check out amazon's link to it:

If the producers have any sense that will not be the final cover!

Perhaps this variant is just to distinguish it from the similar-looking Legacy Edition when it shows up in Amazon or similar online search results. The first version, without the artist and title information, had a subtle and classy appearance - particularly when compared to nearly every other Elvis cover.

Though I fear this new version will in fact replace the first version, hopefully the variant will instead go by the wayside like the blue ELVIS text version of Prince From Another Planet that emerged shortly before that release.

Cover issues or not, though, only one month to go!

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Matthew wrote:How does the August 12th Dinner Show compare to the Midnight Show?
MS Elvis was in better form. For example, MS has the You've Lost that Lovin Feeling with reprise.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:58 pm

cashfan wrote:Hi,

I received an advance copy of the audio (as a download) and also the cover which is as shown on amazon. I guess it is the final artwork as this is what is being sent to the press. Hoping to get a pdf of the booklet soon.

Peter

Any impressions yet of the audio, specifically of the mix & mastering of the concert discs?

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm

When In Rome wrote:
Squire Smart wrote:Do you think the two unreleased shows will be released by FTD in the future as separate discs? It'd be nice to have the new box set but like most other fans and collectors I've pretty much got everything already from the TTWIS period. I'd only want to have the two shows so I have them as official releases.

Of course, if I won the lottery it'd be a whole different story!!

It would be nice and mainstream/FTD crossovers have happened lately. With one of the unreleased concerts now purported to be on the two disc set, I'm this close to cancelling my deluxe set pre-order and sticking with just the two disc set for now and seeing what happens...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Although I suppose if you want a definitive of all the TTWIS material in one place this is the one to get (and then get rid of all the earlier releases). For me though, the two live shows are all I really want.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Peter

Peter, when are you going to listen to the set?

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi,

Although I haven't had a chance to listen to all the tracks yet what I have heard is very good and, to me, sounds better than on previous releases. Of course, this is just my opinion and others may feel different when they hear it. It is nice to have all the material in one place and I am sure the whole package will be impressive… just hope I get sent a finished copy :)

Peter

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Although I haven't had a chance to listen to all the tracks yet what I have heard is very good and, to me, sounds better than on previous releases. Of course, this is just my opinion and others may feel different when they hear it. It is nice to have all the material in one place and I am sure the whole package will be impressive… just hope I get sent a finished copy :)

Peter

Hi peter could u tell us the running time of the aug 12 ms show on this release?

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:What marketing genius came up with this idea? :facep:

Money, Money!!!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:17 am

Peter

How does the sound quality of "Oh Happy Day" on the new set compare to the prior publication of this song on the 2000 TTWII 30th 3CD set? Did they find better source tapes for the new release. Some have said they may have had access to better tapes, including MGM sources. Is this true?

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:18 am

Hi,

I'll check the running time and also the quality of Oh Happy Day later today and let you know.

Peter

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:36 am

Peter

Thanks for the insight. Do you find it just clearer or you notice a different mix?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Just cancelled my order... :(

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Why are you canceling your order?

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Kylan wrote:Why are you canceling your order?

Yeah i wonder why to?

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I'll check the running time and also the quality of Oh Happy Day later today and let you know.

Peter

Audio sample would be great.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Just cancelled my order... :(

I`m guessing money issue due to the sad face icon. :smt009

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 am

Peter

Did u check yet?