Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: TTWII Blu Ray

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:28 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

trouble_jw wrote:Does anyone know if this is getting a UK release?

Well at least it will have a German non-digipack release! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.amazon.de/Elvis-Presley-That ... +way+it+is

Well thats more promising, although a lot less expensive - the normal packaging is nowhere near as nice.

I hope the UK will be seeing this release. Will keep an eye out.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:48 am

From what I read at amazon.com, this is an American release (A/1) only - does anyone know if there will be a European (B/2) release at the same time?

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

taprik wrote:From what I read at amazon.com, this is an American release (A/1) only - does anyone know if there will be a European (B/2) release at the same time?

Please read here a post just above, to be released in Germany!!!!!!! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:58 pm

any news of the outtakes?? both dvd's says to contain 12 outtakes each....hope they are 24 different :roll:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Here in Europa, I can see only the 1 Disc Blu Ray in the internet shops... has any one a clue, if we will get the 2 Disc Deluxe Set in Europe as well?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Ty@TheFilmFrontier wrote:
Brian In Atlanta wrote:I wish I'd saved my DVD screener which included the Lonesome Tonight coda, which I figured would be on the official DVD soon enough.

Though I doubt it will happen, I hope that the new Blu will be the theatrical version of the SE and include that. Though in a modified form, the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" footage shows up on the Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert DVD.

I wish I could get into that Elvis Lives DVD, since I was at that show and loved it. For me though the hatchet job of cutting interviews into the music performances is IMO quite possibly the most bafflingly awful presentation choice ever for an official Elvis product (and that includes electronically simulated stereo and cheesy remixes,) rendering it devoid of entertainment value for me.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:09 am

Brian In Atlanta wrote:
Brian In Atlanta wrote:I wish I'd saved my DVD screener which included the Lonesome Tonight coda, which I figured would be on the official DVD soon enough.

Though I doubt it will happen, I hope that the new Blu will be the theatrical version of the SE and include that. Though in a modified form, the "Are You Lonesome Tonight" footage shows up on the Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert DVD.

I wish I could get into that Elvis Lives DVD, since I was at that show and loved it. For me though the hatchet job of cutting interviews into the music performances is IMO quite possibly the most bafflingly awful presentation choice ever for an official Elvis product (and that includes electronically simulated stereo and cheesy remixes,) rendering it devoid of entertainment value for me.

I've only made it through the Elvis Lives DVD twice. The second time was just to confirm that I wasn't overreacting to those awful interludes the first time.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:22 am

DSCN2761.JPG
Brian In Atlanta wrote:

2 VERSIONS, 1 with What Now My Love, 1 without.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:23 am

DSCN2762.JPG
EP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:30 am

Barry wrote:
DSCN2761.JPG
Brian In Atlanta wrote:

Never knew that. I believe I have the one without. Due to the already noted editing issues, it is hardly a big loss for this particular DVD, though. Any other differences between the two versions?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 am

Barry wrote:
DSCN2761.JPG
Brian In Atlanta wrote:

Never knew that. I believe I have the one without. Due to the already noted editing issues, it is hardly a big loss for this particular DVD, though. Any other differences between the two versions?

Sorry, never watched it.
Only watched the version with What Now.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:48 am

I never knew there was 2 versions. I have the one without also.
Why was it edited out?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 pm

trouble_jw wrote:I never knew there was 2 versions. I have the one without also.
Why was it edited out?

Something about copyright issue,if I remember correct.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:37 pm

The version with "What Now, My Love" was sold during Elvis Week, which was shortly before the official release date. A copyright problem arose between Elvis Week and the official release date and "What Now, My Love" had to be removed.

MT

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 am

Thats a shame... my fav 'Aloha' song.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 pm

http://www.graceland.com/news/detail.as ... 474&elvis=

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:10 pm

still no clue on the outtakes :(

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 pm

ale wrote:still no clue on the outtakes :(

I'm sure they'll probably be the same as the 2007 DVD box set

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:10 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Elvislover813 wrote:

Yes probably, but in outstanding video quality :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Elvislover813 wrote:

maybe... but why put those same 12 outtakes on both dvd's??...doesn't make sense....it would be great to get those 12 on one dvd and other 12 on the other :roll:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 am

ale wrote:
Elvislover813 wrote:

maybe... but why put those same 12 outtakes on both dvd's??...doesn't make sense....it would be great to get those 12 on one dvd and other 12 on the other :roll:

Yes, but then people would complain that the ones on the regular DVD weren't in high definition

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Elvislover813 wrote:

Yes, they are the same but this time in Blu-ray, according to Elvis Australia. But they are not sure about Get Back being included or not.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Havent read all post here but can anyone recommend a US shop that will ship this to europe at a good price?
Is Amazon.com the best option?
For me quick delivery is more important than the price....unless theres a big difference.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:12 am

I thought BD was to be released on Aug. 5th but Amazon now says Aug. 12th. Has it been delayed or am I wrong?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:13 am

steve in SC wrote:I thought BD was to be released on Aug. 5th but Amazon now says Aug. 12th. Has it been delayed or am I wrong?

your wrong
the TTWII 8CD/2DVD set was schedueled for august 5!