Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TTWII Blu Ray

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am

An exclusive screening of the world premiere of Warner Bros.’ newly-remastered version of Elvis: That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition will be held at the Orpheum Theatre. The Elvis concert documentary will be available for the first time on Blu-ray on August 12. Fans will be treated not only to the newly-remastered film, but will also get to experience an outtake performance or sequence never-before-seen on the big screen. In addition, the screening will feature an on-stage performance by Terry Blackwood and The Imperials and “Elvis: That’s The Way It Is” related artifacts on display in the lobby, direct from the Graceland Archives.

Source Elvis Matters

Re: TTWII Blu Ray

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am

Hopefully the outtakes will be featured on the Blu-ray as there's enough space on it. Would have loved to see the original film on blu-ray also, though.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 am

Would have loved to see the original film on blu-ray also, though.

+1

I just wish they would include the 4 songs they cut out on the DVD release in this package.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:59 am

jbgude wrote:
Would have loved to see the original film on blu-ray also, though.

+1

I just wish they would include the 4 songs they cut out on the DVD release in this package.

Do we know that they aren't going to?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 am

Fantastic news, I will be happy with the blu ray, but much happier with unseen footage or extras!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am

I want the original SUSPIOUS MINDS.
Last edited by LonnieBeale on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am

LonnieBeale wrote:I what the original SUSPIOUS MINDS.

You what what? :shock:

Is there any Chuck Berry song featured in TTWII? :wink: :lol:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
LonnieBeale wrote:I what the original SUSPIOUS MINDS.

You what what? :shock:

Is there any Chuck Berry song featured in TTWII? :wink: :lol:

I not only what what,I also want what.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 am

That's good news. It would be nice to get some outtakes as well, but that seems unlikely since there's no mention of it. We'll see.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am

takecare wrote: ... for the first time on Blu-ray ... outtake Performance ... never-before-seen on the big screen ...

So, there is nothing new on the little screen! All we have on DVD.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:44 am

The whole SE edition breathes sloppyness. The way the extra's were mentioned on the original cover, the bad quality of the extra's on the DeLuxe package with the original film as an extra with a 1 channel audiotrack ..... and I don't even like the way they put the SE together at all with all the edited songs. Was Elvis that bad that they needed to use angles from diferent concerts for certain songs? And editing the outtakes myself and see all the available material they could have worked with my view on the new film even got worse. Well, despite all of this I most probably will get it anyway ....

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Amazing news! Hope its done right. Could be something special.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Finally! :smt026. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:15 pm

I don't care for the TTWII SE at all. Won't buy the Blu Ray unless it's a combo package that also includes the original in Blu Ray.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 pm

An exclusive screening of the world premiere of Warner Bros.’ newly-remastered version of Elvis: That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition

With words like "World Premier" and "newly remastered", I'm wondering if this a brand new "Special Edition" and not the 2000 version.??

Interesting.

Looking forward to more details!

RKS

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:46 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I don't care for the TTWII SE at all. Won't buy the Blu Ray unless it's a combo package that also includes the original in Blu Ray.

You prefer the annoying talking heads, the horrible UK convention footage, the mono sound etc???? :shock:
My guess is that this 'new' blu ray will be a single disc of the 'special edition', exactly the same as we've had already on DVD, with NO extras whatsoever and maybe even 1 or 2 songs removed for 'copyright / songwriter issues' reasons. IE, the same as what they did with "Elvis on tour".

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Tony.. wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I don't care for the TTWII SE at all. Won't buy the Blu Ray unless it's a combo package that also includes the original in Blu Ray.

You prefer the annoying talking heads, the horrible UK convention footage, the mono sound etc???? :shock:
My guess is that this 'new' blu ray will be a single disc of the 'special edition', exactly the same as we've had already on DVD, with NO extras whatsoever and maybe even 1 or 2 songs removed for 'copyright / songwriter issues' reasons. IE, the same as what they did with "Elvis on tour".

Yes, I prefer the original with all it's little annoyances. "That's The Way It Is, A film about him." It wasn't intended to be a concert film. Which is what they essentially turned the SE in to. No thanks. I have the original on DVD. If your assessment is correct, that will have to do.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm with you, Tony, the special edition of TTWII is a vast improvement over the original version, but could have been even better. The fans sequences spoil the original and by 2014 seem incredibly dated. Elvis, however, is timeless!

The "never-before-seen on the big screen" material may simply be extras for the Elvis Week crowd and not on the Blu-ray release. I'm betting the Blu-ray release is a straight-up release of the Special Edition.

MT
Last edited by MysteryTrain on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this in Memphis though.......nothing beats the atmosphere when his fans are all in the building together 8) 8)

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:27 pm

The fact that representatives from Sony and Warner Bros. will be part of a behind-the-scenes panel discussion to talk about the re-mastering of "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is" may indicate more than a straight-up release of the special edition version on Blu-ray.

MT

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:The fact that representatives from Sony and Warner Bros. will be part of a behind-the-scenes panel discussion to talk about the re-mastering of "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is" may indicate more than a straight-up release of the special edition version on Blu-ray.

MT

You maybe onto something here!
altough i do expect it to be just the special edition from 2001. I got a feeling it could be whats seen on those new on stage shows (That premiered in 2011 during elvis week)
Kind of the same way as they did with the 40th anniversary of aloha.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:The fact that representatives from Sony and Warner Bros. will be part of a behind-the-scenes panel discussion to talk about the re-mastering of "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is" may indicate more than a straight-up release of the special edition version on Blu-ray.

MT

altough i do expect it to be just the special edition from 2001. I got a feeling it could be whats seen on those new on stage shows (That premiered in 2011 during elvis week)

...and maybe there is a LEGACY SET coming from Sony as well :wink:

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

MT

...and maybe there is a LEGACY SET coming from Sony as well :wink:

what makes you think that?

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Great news

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Graceland has it posted on their website. It looks like it will be August 16th:

Elvis: That’s The Way It Is VIP Reception
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Elvis Week Main Stage, Graceland. Private event reserved for those who have purchased VIP tickets for the Elvis: That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition Exclusive Screening.
Elvis Week Main Stage All-Access pass does not allow entrance into this event.

Elvis: That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition Exclusive Screening
8:00 p.m. Orpheum Theatre, downtown Memphis. Join us at the historic Orpheum Theatre in downtown Memphis for the world premiere screening of Warner Bros.’ newly-remastered “Elvis: That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition.” This fan-favorite concert documentary film, re-edited and remixed for its acclaimed release in 2000, will debut on Blu-ray for the first time on August 12. Fans in town for Elvis Week will be treated not only to the newly-remastered film, but also some outtakes that have never-before-been-seen on the big screen. In addition, the screening will feature an on-stage performance by Terry Blackwood and The Imperials and "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is" related artifacts on display in the lobby direct from the Graceland Archives. This event will be hosted by Tom Brown, Vice President of Original Productions for Turner Classic Movies (TCM). Tickets are $89 (VIP) and $35. The $89 VIP ticket includes front of the house seating, a special VIP reception at the Elvis Week Main Stage at Graceland prior to the event plus roundtrip motor coach transportation to the Orpheum for the event. Tickets for this event will be available through Ticketmaster and the Orpheum Box Office. Ticket pre-sale for Elvis Insiders begins on April 28. General on-sale begins May 1.
*The VIP reception will be held at the Elvis Week Main Stage. Guests will enjoy complimentary light appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages before boarding motor coach transportation to the Orpheum. For access to the VIP reception at Graceland, you must show VIP ticket at door of Elvis Week Main Stage.

VERY VERY COOL!

http://www.graceland.com/events/elvisweek.aspx

Also Tom Brown will be hosting a session as well on August 14th

THURSDAY, AUGUST 14

Official Elvis Insiders Event
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Elvis Week Main Stage, Graceland. Hosted by Tom Brown, Vice President of Original Productions for Turner Classic Movies (TCM), this year’s Official Elvis Insiders Event will feature special segments that highlight various parts of Elvis’ life and career. Attendees will enjoy sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes looks, rarely-seen videos, feature segments filmed just for the event, special guests and much more. It will be a special “inside” look at both Elvis and his home, Graceland. The event will also include a segment with representatives from Sony and Warner Bros. talking about “Elvis: That’s The Way It Is.” Guest details to be announced soon. Individual tickets are $25 or purchase the Elvis Week Main Stage All-Access Pass. Ticket pre-sale for Elvis Insiders begins on April 28. General on-sale begins May 1.