Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Import CD

Sun May 11, 2003 9:29 pm

You'll find the latest news on http://www.elvis-collectors.com in our " Import News " section.

FECC Team

Sun May 11, 2003 11:20 pm

Wow! Sounds exciting :D

Although I already have all Fort Baxter releases (and soon will add this title to it), the amazing thing is that this is a new Fort Baxter release! Great news and hopefully a new beginning?

Nah

Mon May 12, 2003 9:30 am

Nah,

Again another unnecessary release. I have all Baxter CDs originally. I am certainly not waiting for yet another compilation CD.
Maybe a nice to have for people starting to collect. But in the end they would want the complete CDs.

A whole new CD for just two songs: Make the world go away/Something from the opening show of 26 Jan 71.
Funny thing is that you can hear the opening bars of Make the world go away if you turn the volume up of the DAE (Diamond anniversary Edition) CD of "All things are possible".

Makes you wonder where the tape came from.

Anyone out there who wants to make a digital copy of these two songs of the opening show plus Suspicious minds (24 jul 70) in trade for a concert CD by choice from my collection ??

(http://huizen.dds.nl/~evdmeer/homepage.html goto: collection and new concerts list for complete listing.)

Send me an email at: evdmeer@evdmeer.dds.REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCK.nl

greetz
Merijn

edit: corrected a sentence with a few missing words.

Mon May 12, 2003 4:04 pm

I would agree that whilst this release represents a good introduction to the Fort Baxter label for any new collectors, there isn’t much to get excited about for those that have already collected the concerts they have released in the past. As it has been quite a while since we have heard from the Baxter label, and this release offers only two previously unissued performances, this CD looks to me like a final farewell compilation from the label, rather than the start of a new series of high quality soundboard concerts. I hope I’m wrong on this, but I think this is yet another example of the success of the FTD label affecting the standard of the current bootleg releases.

Mon May 12, 2003 4:13 pm

:( Quite frankly these latest 'import' cd's don't offer much interest for me! and Baxter offering just 2 songs from Opening night Jan 71-simply isn't any where near enough to get me to buy it! NO value compared to what FTD usually offer!~