Elvis Destination USA New FTD

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

JerryNodak

Re: Elvis Destination USA New FTD

Post by JerryNodak »

Is disc 1 pro recorded multi-track? If so, I'll buy. If not, pass.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

JerryNodak wrote:Is disc 1 pro recorded multi-track? If so, I'll buy. If not, pass.
No its a soundboard (most likely a reel-to-reel) you can expect it to be in better sound.. this source is different then A Hilton Double Shot.. Also Sprach Zarathustra runs longer on this FTD and the closing vamp is shorter on this FTD which indicates a different source

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Robert »

JerryNodak wrote:Is disc 1 pro recorded multi-track? If so, I'll buy. If not, pass.
Some people seem to think RCA recorded shows in multi track audio in august/september?
Why is that?

Nothing ever indicated that... Ever.

djmaciek
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by djmaciek »

promotional materials:

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elvis1977br
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by elvis1977br »

Great Cover!

Life is messy
I feel like Elvis Presley
At a very early age
They put you in a cage
And they push you out on stage
Life is messy

Rodney Crowell - Life Is Messy

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

thermoking wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Is disc 1 a soundboard or a multi-track?
Disk 1 is Soundboard possible reel to reel
The February 1972 songs are multitrack

I think , from the rehearsals is You Dont Have To say You Love Me (1972) is missing.
I'm not sure if I will find it a good listening experience, the reviews of the Madison release I read suggest the show is dull, then a disc 2 which has multitracks followed by tape cassette. But I want to hear some of it and read the booklet & 2CDs is good value so I'll be getting it.

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

elvis1977br wrote:Great Cover!
I would have called it "Destination Vegas" though.

Edwin
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Edwin »

Great FTD news!
The Feb 15 DS and Feb 16 DS are all unreleased multitracks!!
I'm especially looking forward to the unreleased An American Trilogy.

WMarkJ
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by WMarkJ »

King Volcano wrote:
The emphasis with the title is from perspective of 200 fans from UK coming across the pond.

AVSP
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by AVSP »

Wow thanks in advance Ernst.

I also have the 2 previous incarnations of this show but to have it here (hopefully) in much better sound, with unreleased multi-tracks and never heard rehearsals too and not forgetting a FANTASTIC looking cover art, this is a keeper!!!

Hope the 'Steamroller Blues' rehearsal is as slow and blusey as the rare live version he did in Vegas Summer of 1972, he speeded it up in 73 and even more in 74.

:-)

Rob

Post by Rob »

King Volcano wrote:I'm not sure if I will find it a good listening experience, the reviews of the Madison release I read suggest the show is dull.
I have yet to hear an Elvis concert from 1972 that I would consider dull. Were you a collector in the 1980s?

What a spoiled bunch we are.

stayawayjoe001
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by stayawayjoe001 »

King Volcano wrote:

I think it was named after the U.S. trip that the English fan club made ​​in 1972 :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

Rob wrote:
King Volcano wrote:I'm not sure if I will find it a good listening experience, the reviews of the Madison release I read suggest the show is dull.
I have yet to hear an Elvis concert from 1972 that I would consider dull. Were you a collector in the 1980s?

What a spoiled bunch we are.
Only repeating the 2009 reviews I read via Google this morning. There wasn't much enthusiasm for the concert, but I'm buying it, for all sorts of reasons.

I spent most of the 1980s collecting music, but not Elvis, that came much later.

rocknroller
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rocknroller »

stayawayjoe001 wrote:
King Volcano wrote:

I think it was named after the U.S. trip that the English fan club made ​​in 1972 :wink:

the english fan club :wtf: and people wonder why scotland whats Independence ! good you can stick your british fan club right up your arse then !!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

charro1971
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by charro1971 »

The disc 2 is what I am most interested in. A rehearsal of Steamroller Blues in August 1972 will be interesting to hear. Plus, we've got some 5 more tracks from February 1972 multi-track live recordings.

I doubt disc 1 will be much different in sound compared to the bootlegs. Anyway the 16 booklet and unreleased pictures, plus disc 2 make this a must buy for me.

"A song from my recent TV show, which was pretty bad, but you know... you can't win 'em all!" - Elvis Presley (August 25 1969 DS)
"My favourite guitar player on lead guitar, say hello to James Burton. Young man on rhythm guitar; he's fair to mediocre, John Wilkinson." (February 19 1970 MS)
"My mouth feels like Bob Dylan slept in it." (February 21 1971 MS)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, my name is B.B. King" (August 16 1971 MS)
"Ed Sullivan looked at me and said "mmm, son of a b**ch." Nah, he's a nice... old chap." (January 27 1973 DS)
"I'm allowed on stage for 55 minutes to 1 hour. That's what they say. I say about 35 minutes!" (March 22 1975 MS)

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

I have never heard this concert. Does Elvis talk about the British fans during the show and what does he say?

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Notice.. on a hilton double shot.. can't help falling in love was spliced with a different show because it was incomplete.. on this release however it appears to be complete, which again tells me.. this is a different source!

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

YDKM wrote:You know this is as good a release as i could have hoped for.... i said last week if they did a 2nd disc with more unreleased August rehearsals on it -then i would certainly buy this release and i am.Also they must have paid the royalties as the J.D.&Stamps solo number is on the disc too. It will be super cool to hear more rehearsals of steamroller, i'm leavin +the wonder of you and something all from 1972 cool release indeed and i will pre-order this very soon indeed!~ great way of bringing us something new and possably a better sounding concert we had than b4. Plus more unheard outakes from Feb 15/16th 1972 as well -GREAT!~i give this a big THUMBS UP-Thanks in advance Ernst~! :wink: :D 8)
p.s the FTD art-work looks vastly superior to the mock-ups on this thread last week-classy looks indeed~!
Thought you might get/like this one...so much better then Elvis' 2nd album and D. Englishes "Something For The Girls".

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

flamingstar81
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Mood:

Post by flamingstar81 »

Johnny2523 wrote:Notice.. on a hilton double shot.. can't help falling in love was spliced with a different show because it was incomplete.. on this release however it appears to be complete, which again tells me.. this is a different source!
Well spotted Johnny, hopefully this will be better sound than the bootlegs, just like the on stage season FTD's. I'm looking forward to this release, especially the unreleased multi-tracks, Elvis in 1972 was brilliant.

"The image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image, I'll put it that way"

Elvis at the New York Madison Square Garden press conference, June 9th, 1972.

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

I will buy it!! Thanks Ernst and FTD Team ! 8)

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

All 1972 shows were at the very least consistantly good.... if sound is better on disc 1 it will be a great package!~ inspiring even well done FTD :roll: :D

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

flamingstar81 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Notice.. on a hilton double shot.. can't help falling in love was spliced with a different show because it was incomplete.. on this release however it appears to be complete, which again tells me.. this is a different source!
Well spotted Johnny, hopefully this will be better sound than the bootlegs, just like the on stage season FTD's. I'm looking forward to this release, especially the unreleased multi-tracks, Elvis in 1972 was brilliant.
I was thinking the same thing, unless FTD has patched in the end of CHFIL from another August 1972 tape. We'll see.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

Here's one release I'll be adding to my FTD wish list. :smt023
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by hm80ep »

TCB-FAN wrote:Here's the actual promo poster for the new FTD set..
...as posted twice already in this very thread. :smt001

Henryk

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

So a few more 'bits n pieces' from the february '72 multi-track recordings?!? These are now spread around on several different releases, including "Writing for the King", "The sound of your cry" (the name given to an LP released in the UK in 1981 featuring a hotch potch of hits and live rarities), "American trilogy" (the name given to an FTD CD featuring bits and pieces of february 1972 multi track recordings and parts of that season's opening night concert), "Burning love" (the name given to a CD featuring material from 1972, including bits and pieces from the february 1972 Las Vegas multi track recordings), "Standing room only" (FTD CD in 7" packaging, featuring all the masters yet again and more bits and pieces from the february 1972 Las Vegas multi track recordings). It would be nice to have them all in one place. Maybe that is for a future FTD when they mop them all up into one FTD, thereby giving them a chance to re-release every song from there again.....