Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Guess we are just spoiled these days huh?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:41 pm

As part of my Elvis 'delivery' yesterday I got back up to date with FTD's. "The On Stage Season", "Moody Blue", "From Elvis At American Sound", "Elvis In Cafe Europa: G.I. Blues Vol 2" - I just want to say thank you Ernst & Rodger, they are truly wonderful, perhaps I've missed the 'reviews' or perhaps we are just spoiled these days.

Aren't they great folks?

Re: Guess we are just spoiled these days huh?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:38 pm

We are spoiled regarding what we still get 35+ yrs on.We should appreciate what we have while we still have it because when the well dries up were are going to miss it.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 pm

I wouldn't say spoiled for my account. I call it just luck to get some real nice FTD's so now and then. I have nothing to complain about the whole FTD thing. Way back in the 70's after Elvis dead i was 12 and complete Elvis addicted. I started to buy lp''s and later books. When i heard the first studio outtakes on the legendary series i was stunned. Early 80's i found out that there were imports and there were some nice lp's available. Only they were hard to get and expensive. The mid 80's were boring. RCA started with cd's and not much to be happy with. By the start of the 90's things got better. The first walk in the good direction came with Essential Elvis 1,2,3. In Europe we had the Elvis in the 90's series which gave us the Original (unremastered) albums. Then Collectors Gold, 50's, 60's, 70's masters. Then the first rumours about a collectors label appeared. Followed by a tug of war and ego tripping about who was going to do the job. Finally Ernst had the longest breath and got the job. Now almost 15 years after the first release we almost have the complete back catalogue of Original Elvis Albums complete with outtakes and wonderful designed covers with booklets. I'm close to 50 and hope to get more of these stunning releases. Okey it will be the bottom of the barrel some day. But till that time there's enough to release in a way. Some complain about boring soundboards and some don't like movie stuff, i don't care. As long as it contains material I don't have or the sound is better i'll buy it.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:50 am

Spoiled? No. We still have to pay for them. ;-)

But we are very fortunate to have such a brilliant team running perhaps the finest collector's label around, Follow That Dream.

This July will mark 15 years of fantastic releases!

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 am

I just hoe shop Elvis re stocks some of these titles so I can spoil myself