National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

I can't find anything on the net but today in the supermarket there is a National Enquirer Special edition titled: Elvis Was Murdered! It has the picture of Elvis in his casket on the cover (of course!). I didn't have time to look at it but it should be a real page turner!!!

User avatar

rjm
Posts: 11236
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Cali
Has thanked: 2687 times
Been thanked: 1114 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by rjm »

The Enquirer has apparently lowered it's standards lately.

LOL!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4
"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

Well, saw the mag tonight. It says the mob murdered him. I think I'm actually going to buy this (not because of the stupid story) but because it has a couple of cool pictures I've never seen before plus it has the best version of the casket picture I've ever seen.


greystoke

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by greystoke »

eligain wrote:Well, saw the mag tonight. It says the mob murdered him. I think I'm actually going to buy this (not because of the stupid story) but because it has a couple of cool pictures I've never seen before plus it has the best version of the casket picture I've ever seen.
Ever notice that the photo of Elvis, in his coffin, looks similar to this picture of him giving blood?


Image


elvis4life
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:40 pm
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by elvis4life »

eligain, are you SURE it's from THIS YEAR? I ask because I went to 3 different stores that had the National Enquirer & NONE of them had the front page headline "Elvis Was Murdered". Also the reason why I'm asking if it's THIS YEAR, is because they did a story like that in 2011:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/elvis-presley-was-murdered-mob

ELVIS PRESLEY WAS MURDERED BY MOB!

Published on: October 12, 2011

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Photography by: Getty Images "The Frank Sinatra Show"

ELVIS PRESLEY was rubbed out by the Mafia to prevent him from testifying in a big Mob trial, The ENQUIRER has learned.

Elvis' “Paradise Hawaiian Style” costar Suzanna Leigh revealed the startling claim in a blockbuster new book.

“I learned Elvis had been part of one of the largest FBI investigations of the 1970s, code-named Fountain Pen,” reveals London born Leigh.

“Apparently, he had been the innocent victim in a Mafia fraud case involving millions of dollars.

“Scores of federal agents worldwide had investigated it and Elvis was due to give evidence. The FBI was meant to be protecting Elvis when he died.”

When she first heard about the theory from British journalist John Parker, Leigh contacted Beecher Smith, Presley’s former attorney.

“He told me Elvis and his father Vernon were supposed to appear in front of a federal grand jury on August 16, 1977 – the day Elvis died,” Leigh writes in her memoir, “The Flip Side of Paradise”.

The actress, who says she and the singer bonded during filming and “became true soul mates,” also talked to ex-police detective Dick Grob, head of Elvis’ all-cop security team.

“He confirmed Vernon always believed his son was murdered,” Leigh, 66, confided. “He claims someone phoned a newspaper from Graceland at 1 a.m. to alert them that a big story was coming out that night – an hour before emergency services were called.”

Leigh says Grob made a bombshell allegation: “‘Elvis died of a massive codeine overdose,’ he told me. I knew Elvis was allergic to codeine, an opiate painkiller.

“Someone washed the carpet where Elvis had fallen – imagine that, cleaning up before

the police arrived? Only someone really close to him could have ordered that.”

Leigh, who last acted in the 1970s, eventually became a VIP tour guide at Graceland, says Grob is convinced Elvis’ death was “organized by the Mob. He told me they didn’t want Elvis or his father to appear in court.

“They must have gotten someone inside the house. ‘That’s what Vernon believed,’ said Dick. ‘Someone from inside the house let the killer in.’ ”


r&b

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by r&b »

Murdered while on the toilet with Ginger in the next room? Pretty neat trick.

User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 am
Has thanked: 1677 times
Been thanked: 4941 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by Johnny2523 »

elvis4life wrote:eligain, are you SURE it's from THIS YEAR? I ask because I went to 3 different stores that had the National Enquirer & NONE of them had the front page headline "Elvis Was Murdered". Also the reason why I'm asking if it's THIS YEAR, is because they did a story like that in 2011:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/elvis-presley-was-murdered-mob

ELVIS PRESLEY WAS MURDERED BY MOB!

Published on: October 12, 2011

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Photography by: Getty Images "The Frank Sinatra Show"

ELVIS PRESLEY was rubbed out by the Mafia to prevent him from testifying in a big Mob trial, The ENQUIRER has learned.

Elvis' “Paradise Hawaiian Style” costar Suzanna Leigh revealed the startling claim in a blockbuster new book.

“I learned Elvis had been part of one of the largest FBI investigations of the 1970s, code-named Fountain Pen,” reveals London born Leigh.

“Apparently, he had been the innocent victim in a Mafia fraud case involving millions of dollars.

“Scores of federal agents worldwide had investigated it and Elvis was due to give evidence. The FBI was meant to be protecting Elvis when he died.”

When she first heard about the theory from British journalist John Parker, Leigh contacted Beecher Smith, Presley’s former attorney.

“He told me Elvis and his father Vernon were supposed to appear in front of a federal grand jury on August 16, 1977 – the day Elvis died,” Leigh writes in her memoir, “The Flip Side of Paradise”.

The actress, who says she and the singer bonded during filming and “became true soul mates,” also talked to ex-police detective Dick Grob, head of Elvis’ all-cop security team.

“He confirmed Vernon always believed his son was murdered,” Leigh, 66, confided. “He claims someone phoned a newspaper from Graceland at 1 a.m. to alert them that a big story was coming out that night – an hour before emergency services were called.”

Leigh says Grob made a bombshell allegation: “‘Elvis died of a massive codeine overdose,’ he told me. I knew Elvis was allergic to codeine, an opiate painkiller.

“Someone washed the carpet where Elvis had fallen – imagine that, cleaning up before

the police arrived? Only someone really close to him could have ordered that.”

Leigh, who last acted in the 1970s, eventually became a VIP tour guide at Graceland, says Grob is convinced Elvis’ death was “organized by the Mob. He told me they didn’t want Elvis or his father to appear in court.

“They must have gotten someone inside the house. ‘That’s what Vernon believed,’ said Dick. ‘Someone from inside the house let the killer in.’ ”
Another friend of mine saw this same national enquier for sale yesterday
if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets


ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Posts: 9807
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:33 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by ekenee »

elvis4life wrote:eligain, are you SURE it's from THIS YEAR? I ask because I went to 3 different stores that had the National Enquirer & NONE of them had the front page headline "Elvis Was Murdered". Also the reason why I'm asking if it's THIS YEAR, is because they did a story like that in 2011:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/elvis-presley-was-murdered-mob

ELVIS PRESLEY WAS MURDERED BY MOB!

Published on: October 12, 2011

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

Photography by: Getty Images "The Frank Sinatra Show"

ELVIS PRESLEY was rubbed out by the Mafia to prevent him from testifying in a big Mob trial, The ENQUIRER has learned.

Elvis' “Paradise Hawaiian Style” costar Suzanna Leigh revealed the startling claim in a blockbuster new book.

“I learned Elvis had been part of one of the largest FBI investigations of the 1970s, code-named Fountain Pen,” reveals London born Leigh.

“Apparently, he had been the innocent victim in a Mafia fraud case involving millions of dollars.

“Scores of federal agents worldwide had investigated it and Elvis was due to give evidence. The FBI was meant to be protecting Elvis when he died.”

When she first heard about the theory from British journalist John Parker, Leigh contacted Beecher Smith, Presley’s former attorney.

“He told me Elvis and his father Vernon were supposed to appear in front of a federal grand jury on August 16, 1977 – the day Elvis died,” Leigh writes in her memoir, “The Flip Side of Paradise”.

The actress, who says she and the singer bonded during filming and “became true soul mates,” also talked to ex-police detective Dick Grob, head of Elvis’ all-cop security team.

“He confirmed Vernon always believed his son was murdered,” Leigh, 66, confided. “He claims someone phoned a newspaper from Graceland at 1 a.m. to alert them that a big story was coming out that night – an hour before emergency services were called.”

Leigh says Grob made a bombshell allegation: “‘Elvis died of a massive codeine overdose,’ he told me. I knew Elvis was allergic to codeine, an opiate painkiller.

“Someone washed the carpet where Elvis had fallen – imagine that, cleaning up before

the police arrived? Only someone really close to him could have ordered that.”

Leigh, who last acted in the 1970s, eventually became a VIP tour guide at Graceland, says Grob is convinced Elvis’ death was “organized by the Mob. He told me they didn’t want Elvis or his father to appear in court.

“They must have gotten someone inside the house. ‘That’s what Vernon believed,’ said Dick. ‘Someone from inside the house let the killer in.’ ”
It's not the regular issue. It's a special issue, which mean it might be placed in a differnt area of the store.

User avatar

TINML
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat May 24, 2003 3:19 am
Has thanked: 796 times
Been thanked: 786 times
Age: 33

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by TINML »

Is it a standalone Elvis issue?
"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."


SUN-RCA

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by SUN-RCA »

OMG ELVIS WAS MURDERED. :smt089 how many times have i seen that before, i'll never know. :smt015 smt177


SUN-RCA

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by SUN-RCA »

It's already on ebay.

Image

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

SUN-RCA wrote:It's already on ebay.

Image
Yep, that's it!

It is on the end of only one check stand in the sore I saw it at, not at every check stand like the regular editions. It has some great pictures inside and a few good ones I've never seen before. The casket picture (on the inside, not on the cover) is the most detailed I've ever seen and you can see that it really does look like 77 Elvis with dark circles under his eyes and a haggard look to his face. I have no idea why the Enquirer came out with this now but they did for some reason.


sweetangeline
Posts: 6510
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 1546 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by sweetangeline »

eligain wrote: I have no idea why the Enquirer came out with this now but they did for some reason.
because of Elvis` 79th birthday...it hit the shelves around Jan.8 and this is how the Enquirer celebrate :cry:

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

sweetangeline wrote:
eligain wrote: I have no idea why the Enquirer came out with this now but they did for some reason.
because of Elvis` 79th birthday...it hit the shelves around Jan.8 and this is how the Enquirer celebrate :cry:
It didn't hit our shelves until this Friday, January 17th.
Last edited by eligain on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.


sweetangeline
Posts: 6510
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 1546 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by sweetangeline »

eligain wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
eligain wrote: I have no idea why the Enquirer came out with this now but they did for some reason.
because of Elvis` 79th birthday...it hit the shelves around Jan.8 and this is how the Enquirer celebrate :cry:
It didn't our shelves until this Friday, January 17th.
late receiving it that`s all...by the way on page one it states and I quote, "The Inquirer blows the lid off a massive cover-up and reveals who killed The King - and why - as the world prepares to celebrate the 79th anniversary of his birth on Jan. 8, 1935"...that`s a good clue :wink: and the only reason the Inquirer have issued it, just to sell more mags, nothing more! It certainly isn't a respectful tribute to his greatness


londonflash
Posts: 4954
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:51 pm
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 496 times
Age: 36

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by londonflash »

Why would you want to have a better quality version of the coffin pic in? :shock:
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

User avatar

MikeFromHolland
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Has thanked: 2298 times
Been thanked: 5359 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by MikeFromHolland »

greystoke wrote:
eligain wrote:Well, saw the mag tonight. It says the mob murdered him. I think I'm actually going to buy this (not because of the stupid story) but because it has a couple of cool pictures I've never seen before plus it has the best version of the casket picture I've ever seen.
Ever notice that the photo of Elvis, in his coffin, looks similar to this picture of him giving blood?


Image
Indeed! Could the coffin picture be fake - based on this one?
Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.

User avatar

WMarkJ
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Age: 57

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by WMarkJ »

Yep a 1977 Elvis in the coffin looks like a 1956 Elvis.
Image


SUN-RCA

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by SUN-RCA »

I bought this all Elvis magazine and have looked through all 80 pages, and skimmed through alot of what is written, and if it was the N.E. mission to trash and cover Elvis with mud from beginning to end, then mission accomplished. From what i have read so far its all about drugs, sex and all the women in his life, and all the bad things he did. This magazine makes the 1977 book "Elvis What Happen" look like kids play. There is hardly any talk about his music or any of the great things he did in his career. It has alot of nice photos, but there are also photos of Elvis at his worst, and there is one photo of Elvis on stage in 1976 giving the middle finger to someone, it looks like he is giving it to someone in the audience.

Why in the world would the N.E. put so much time, effort and money in publishing this complete trashy garbage is beyond me, i know it's money, but they are not going to make much of that, because the giant grocery store i went to had a bunch of these in each line where each magazine rack was still full, showing me that nobody was buying it. Most intelligent people don't buy the N.E. anymore, i know i don't, i only bought this issue because it's a magazine, and i collect Elvis magazines. I sure hope no new young Elvis fan buys this trash, whether any of it might be true or not, because this magazine puts Elvis in the worst light possible. This magazine is the kind of Tabloid Trash they used to write about Elvis back in the 70's, the kind of garbage that used to make me so f-ing mad, i am glad i have out grown letting this sh*t bother me anymore.

This N.E. magazine is the cream of the crop of trash trash trash, a mountain of garbage. :roll:

To give you an ider of whats in this sh*t mag, here are the chapters.

ELVIS WAS MURDERED.
SIN CITY.
DRUG NIGHTMARE.
HEARTBREAK HOTEL.
ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT.
ELVIS LITTLE BLACK BOOK.
LIVIN THE HIGH LIFE.
BAD COMPANY.
SAINT OR SINNER.
SALVATION.
THE STING.
ELVIS KNEW TOO MUCH.
MURDER MOST FOUL.
AUTOPSY COVER UP.
DIG UP ELVIS NOW.


r&b

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by r&b »

SUN-RCA wrote:I bought this all Elvis magazine and have looked through all 80 pages, and skimmed through alot of what is written, and if it was the N.E. mission to trash and cover Elvis with mud from beginning to end, then mission accomplished. From what i have read so far its all about drugs, sex and all the women in his life, and all the bad things he did. This magazine makes the 1977 book "Elvis What Happen" look like kids play. There is hardly any talk about his music or any of the great things he did in his career. It has alot of nice photos, but there are also photos of Elvis at his worst, and there is one photo of Elvis on stage in 1976 giving the middle finger to someone, it looks like he is giving it to someone in the audience.

Why in the world would the N.E. put so much time, effort and money in publishing this complete trashy garbage is beyond me, i know it's money, but they are not going to make much of that, because the giant grocery store i went to had a bunch of these in each line where each magazine rack was still full, showing me that nobody was buying it. Most intelligent people don't buy the N.E. anymore, i know i don't, i only bought this issue because it's a magazine, and i collect Elvis magazines. I sure hope no new young Elvis fan buys this trash, whether any of it might be true or not, because this magazine puts Elvis in the worst light possible. This magazine is the kind of Tabloid Trash they used to write about Elvis back in the 70's, the kind of garbage that used to make me so f-ing mad, i am glad i have out grown letting this sh*t bother me anymore.

This N.E. magazine is the cream of the crop of trash trash trash, a mountain of garbage. :roll:

To give you an ider of whats in this sh*t mag, here are the chapters.

ELVIS WAS MURDERED.
SIN CITY.
DRUG NIGHTMARE.
HEARTBREAK HOTEL.
ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT.
ELVIS LITTLE BLACK BOOK.
LIVIN THE HIGH LIFE.
BAD COMPANY.
SAINT OR SINNER.
SALVATION.
THE STING.
ELVIS KNEW TOO MUCH.
MURDER MOST FOUL.
AUTOPSY COVER UP.
DIG UP ELVIS NOW.

I cant remember the last time I bought NE (70's perhaps) and I dont know anyone who buys it nowadays. NE and other magazines like it, serve only the purpose of people browsing them while waiting on a cashier's line. Lets hope it goes away quickly.

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

SUN-RCA wrote:I bought this all Elvis magazine and have looked through all 80 pages, and skimmed through alot of what is written, and if it was the N.E. mission to trash and cover Elvis with mud from beginning to end, then mission accomplished. From what i have read so far its all about drugs, sex and all the women in his life, and all the bad things he did. This magazine makes the 1977 book "Elvis What Happen" look like kids play. There is hardly any talk about his music or any of the great things he did in his career. It has alot of nice photos, but there are also photos of Elvis at his worst, and there is one photo of Elvis on stage in 1976 giving the middle finger to someone, it looks like he is giving it to someone in the audience.

Why in the world would the N.E. put so much time, effort and money in publishing this complete trashy garbage is beyond me, i know it's money, but they are not going to make much of that, because the giant grocery store i went to had a bunch of these in each line where each magazine rack was still full, showing me that nobody was buying it. Most intelligent people don't buy the N.E. anymore, i know i don't, i only bought this issue because it's a magazine, and i collect Elvis magazines. I sure hope no new young Elvis fan buys this trash, whether any of it might be true or not, because this magazine puts Elvis in the worst light possible. This magazine is the kind of Tabloid Trash they used to write about Elvis back in the 70's, the kind of garbage that used to make me so f-ing mad, i am glad i have out grown letting this sh*t bother me anymore.

This N.E. magazine is the cream of the crop of trash trash trash, a mountain of garbage. :roll:

To give you an ider of whats in this sh*t mag, here are the chapters.

ELVIS WAS MURDERED.
SIN CITY.
DRUG NIGHTMARE.
HEARTBREAK HOTEL.
ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT.
ELVIS LITTLE BLACK BOOK.
LIVIN THE HIGH LIFE.
BAD COMPANY.
SAINT OR SINNER.
SALVATION.
THE STING.
ELVIS KNEW TOO MUCH.
MURDER MOST FOUL.
AUTOPSY COVER UP.
DIG UP ELVIS NOW.
I thought he was giving the finger too but upon closer inspection, he's holding up his index finger.

User avatar

Topic author
eligain
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 437 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by eligain »

r&b wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:I bought this all Elvis magazine and have looked through all 80 pages, and skimmed through alot of what is written, and if it was the N.E. mission to trash and cover Elvis with mud from beginning to end, then mission accomplished. From what i have read so far its all about drugs, sex and all the women in his life, and all the bad things he did. This magazine makes the 1977 book "Elvis What Happen" look like kids play. There is hardly any talk about his music or any of the great things he did in his career. It has alot of nice photos, but there are also photos of Elvis at his worst, and there is one photo of Elvis on stage in 1976 giving the middle finger to someone, it looks like he is giving it to someone in the audience.

Why in the world would the N.E. put so much time, effort and money in publishing this complete trashy garbage is beyond me, i know it's money, but they are not going to make much of that, because the giant grocery store i went to had a bunch of these in each line where each magazine rack was still full, showing me that nobody was buying it. Most intelligent people don't buy the N.E. anymore, i know i don't, i only bought this issue because it's a magazine, and i collect Elvis magazines. I sure hope no new young Elvis fan buys this trash, whether any of it might be true or not, because this magazine puts Elvis in the worst light possible. This magazine is the kind of Tabloid Trash they used to write about Elvis back in the 70's, the kind of garbage that used to make me so f-ing mad, i am glad i have out grown letting this sh*t bother me anymore.

This N.E. magazine is the cream of the crop of trash trash trash, a mountain of garbage. :roll:

To give you an ider of whats in this sh*t mag, here are the chapters.

ELVIS WAS MURDERED.
SIN CITY.
DRUG NIGHTMARE.
HEARTBREAK HOTEL.
ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT.
ELVIS LITTLE BLACK BOOK.
LIVIN THE HIGH LIFE.
BAD COMPANY.
SAINT OR SINNER.
SALVATION.
THE STING.
ELVIS KNEW TOO MUCH.
MURDER MOST FOUL.
AUTOPSY COVER UP.
DIG UP ELVIS NOW.

I cant remember the last time I bought NE (70's perhaps) and I dont know anyone who buys it nowadays. NE and other magazines like it, serve only the purpose of people browsing them while waiting on a cashier's line. Lets hope it goes away quickly.
My grandma used to buy them all every week and I would buy them for the pictures of Elvis but I never see people purposely buy them but they must and they must generate a lot of money or they wouldn't still exist. Some of the more wild ones have disappeared like the "Weekly World News". That was the one that used to have Elvis meeting with aliens!
Last edited by eligain on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

lpa
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Madrid, Spain.
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by lpa »

Image

I KNEW IT!

:smt002


SUN-RCA

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by SUN-RCA »

r&b wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
I cant remember the last time I bought NE (70's perhaps) and I dont know anyone who buys it nowadays. NE and other magazines like it, serve only the purpose of people browsing them while waiting on a cashier's line. Lets hope it goes away quickly.
Me too, i used to buy all the ones that had anything to do with Elvis back in the 70's, 80's, only because i was young and had to have anything that had Elvis, but i finely out grew buying that junk. I also hope this tabloid trash mag disappears quickly, it is serving no good for Elvis at all, its almost like they have it out for him again after all these years, crazy. :roll:
eligain wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
I thought he was giving the finger too but upon closer inspection, he's holding up his index finger.
Yeah you might be right about that, but it sure looks like he is upon the first look.
eligain wrote:
r&b wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
My grandma used to buy them all every week and I would buy them for the pictures of Elvis but I never see people purposely buy them but they must and they must generate a lot of money or they wouldn't still exist. Some of the more wild ones have disappeared like the "Weekly World News". That was the one that used to have Elvis meeting with aliens!
My Grandma, my Mother and sisters, and me all used to buy them also, they were addicting for some insane reasons, me it was just for Elvis. I never see anyone pick this mag up in line and look at it, because its embarrassing to be seen looking at these trash mags, for some people anyway. I know i wont be caught dead looking at these in public, i was a little embarrassed buying this one, but it looks like a regular magazine and not the paper one, so it wasn't that bad. :lol:


Hank
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:51 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: National Enquirer: Elvis Was Murdered!

Post by Hank »

Wait a second--I thought Elvis was still alive.