Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Suspicion is the word : 'Styrofoam' Wade's 'Teen' Photo

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:12 am

Suspicion is the word today following the publication of the 'Elvis as a Teen Never-Before-Published Photo From His Hometown in Tupelo, Mississippi' article and photo. Sometimes we can miss the forest for the trees as they say, either looking at the much admired Elvis Presley or in the case of us all and the experts probably not looking at the 'same' photo originally published in September 2013. But thanks to the keen eye to [obvious] detail from Elvis Australia club member Jeff Moss we have now!!! What is clear today is that the two photos are alarmingly different. Not only is it a different bike the background is vastly different with both shops and cars are clearly 'Photoshoped' in [in at least on of the images !!!! Check out the two photos in question below. Considering the 'experts' made such a big deal about the location, the difference becomes largely relevant. Is it really him? The face is Elvis, but the rest? Serious doubts much now be forever cast over this 'photo' and the seller of it.

View the two photos in question then read my analysis of the original article ...

Re: Suspicion is the word : 'Styrofoam' Wade's 'Teen' Photo

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 am

Already discussed here:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81005

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks "Elvis Australia" I have read about this before, but i must say i like your website alot, i have been a fan of it for a long time now, and the amount of information you have put into it over the years is awesome. I also visit your cool Facebook page too. :smt023

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks Elvis Australia, interesting analysis

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Already discussed here:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81005

Yes, and I'm not Jeff Moss
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81005#p1249065

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:12 am

Hmm. Even ignoring all the other indicators, the calm, aloof facial expression In the 'earlier' photo (the one not inscribed 'Elvis') simply doesn't jibe with the out-of-focus movement of the hand, whoever it belongs to.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 am

I posted this yesterday elsewhere:

Check out this video and what can be achieved using software. You can see how one photo can be used in order to view the face from a different angle (which could provide us with the Elvis face).

phpBB [video]

You can also use such software to change facial expressions slightly, from smiling to frowning etc. That software is just $60. Not a bad outlay if you're going to then sell a "photo" for over $300 (plus, no doubt, you can download illegally too if you know where to look)

So, what I think we might be seeing is a manipulation of the well-known photos of the young Elvis sitting in a suit - facial expression changed slightly, angle changed, and photoshopped onto someone elses body. I'm not saying that IS what we're seeing here, but it would certainly explain some of the inconsistencies within the photo.

The hand clearly doesn't belong to a boy of 13 or so, and I would also argue that the leg is rather to chunky for an adolescent.