More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

r&b wrote:Everyone has a right to express an opinion. If you dont like it, you have a right to express your counterpoint. That is what a forum is all about. Most people here do not agree with me, and that is fine. While growing up, I thought everything Elvis did was great (well by 1966, I was upset at the movies and soundtracks) but he was still Elvis. Yet, most artists in the pop world were putting out better records than Elvis in the mid 60's. Anyone denying this is not being real (or maybe wasnt around then) and after all these years, yes , I am more critical of his career and state my opinions on this. It comes with age maybe, I dont know, but I know a lot of his output was subpar, even poor given his status in the business. Of course lots of blame can go around for this, The Col, Hal Wallis, his publishing arrangement, and Elvis himself. He was not exactly a guy who took control of what he did, down to crucial record releases. So after all these years, I view his output as 50% great, 25% good, 25% below avg and even poor. You can break down the years anyway you want it, but to me, most of his subpar stuff was the mid 60's and after 1971 with a few notable exceptions.
This is my view too.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Too many Elvis ´70s haters over here :smt019 . I´ll stick to my lovely Elvis´ movie soundtracks :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Joe Car wrote:others on this site feel that it's their god-given right to dismiss everything he did his final decade, in a condescending way to the rest of us. This is a major problem on this site and frankly I''m sick of it, as are others.
You are one in a million, Joe, and I respect you and your opinion as much as I do anyone on this board, if not more. Everyone knows that you're a diamond on this board and if anyone thinks differently, they don't have a clue. You go way back with us and are a hell of a good guy.

I don't understand how you can let these people (the minority here) get the best of you. Like what you want to like and don't worry about anyone else. Like you, the 1970s Elvis is the reason I can call myself a fan today. Also like you, we both are awestruck by the music that came before. When someone here puts down Elvis' later work, so be it. All that matters is what YOU like. There are some on this board, not many, but some, who continue to post the same negative stuff over and over. All you have to do is to take a gander at who the author of the post is and you will more than likely know right away what they are going to talk about. Is it not as easy for you as it is me to skip over them? I appreciate the fact that you feel that you have to defend Elvis, but you don't. Elvis has been gone for a long time and millions of people in this world go through their day without Elvis Presley ever crossing their mind. It's only a precious few people who visit this board on a daily basis that discuss Elvis music as thoroughly as we do. If there is someone here who enjoys putting Elvis' later work down, then so be it. Enjoy Elvis the way YOU want to enjoy him. I'm glad not everyone here has the same opinion. Would we really want all Elvis fans to be the same? Not me. Don't get so riled because it doesn't matter to a hill of beans. Do not give anyone here the power to do that to you. I have never been upset with anyone on this board over Elvis Presley. I usually have a ball with some of the ignorance. The only time someone has ever upset me on this board was years ago when an ignorant little punk made a comment about our soldiers in Iraq while my son was there. Had he been standing in front of me when he said it, I would be in prison today and he would be in the ground (my son comes home from Afghanistan next week, by the way). Things like that is why I can't take this message board too seriously. I really don't see how anyone can. I haven't learned anything new about Elvis that I've really cared about in years and I'm here purely for fun. If it's not fun, I shake my head at the stupidity and move on.

Keep on truckin', Joe, but relax a little. You're not a spring chicken anymore and your blood pressure can't take it.

Anyway, you're a good guy, Joe. One of the best on here. Don't let this stuff bother you. Skip over their posts if you have to, but enjoy the MAN AND HIS MUSIC the way YOU want to and forget about all of the nonsense that you're going to hear. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.

Rock on, Joseph, rock on!

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that everyone has different tastes in Elvis' music. Like what you like and ignore the comments. Just enjoy the music. Shut the computer off and enjoy your Saturday. I'm sure you have better things you could be doing.

I know I do.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Rob wrote:
Joe Car wrote:others on this site feel that it's their god-given right to dismiss everything he did his final decade, in a condescending way to the rest of us. This is a major problem on this site and frankly I''m sick of it, as are others.
You are one in a million, Joe, and I respect you and your opinion as much as I do anyone on this board, if not more. Everyone knows that you're a diamond on this board and if anyone thinks differently, they don't have a clue. You go way back with us and are a hell of a good guy.

I don't understand how you can let these people (the minority here) get the best of you. Like what you want to like and don't worry about anyone else. Like you, the 1970s Elvis is the reason I can call myself a fan today. Also like you, we both are awestruck by the music that came before. When someone here puts down Elvis' later work, so be it. All that matters is what YOU like. There are some on this board, not many, but some, who continue to post the same negative stuff over and over. All you have to do is to take a gander at who the author of the post is and you will more than likely know right away what they are going to talk about. Is it not as easy for you as it is me to skip over them? I appreciate the fact that you feel that you have to defend Elvis, but you don't. Elvis has been gone for a long time and millions of people in this world go through their day without Elvis Presley ever crossing their mind. It's only a precious few people who visit this board on a daily basis that discuss Elvis music as thoroughly as we do. If there is someone here who enjoys putting Elvis' later work down, then so be it. Enjoy Elvis the way YOU want to enjoy him. I'm glad not everyone here has the same opinion. Would we really want all Elvis fans to be the same? Not me. Don't get so riled because it doesn't matter to a hill of beans. Do not give anyone here the power to do that to you. I have never been upset with anyone on this board over Elvis Presley. I usually have a ball with some of the ignorance. The only time someone has ever upset me on this board was years ago when an ignorant little punk made a comment about our soldiers in Iraq while my son was there. Had he been standing in front of me when he said it, I would be in prison today and he would be in the ground (my son comes home from Afghanistan next week, by the way). Things like that is why I can't take this message board too seriously. I really don't see how anyone can. I haven't learned anything new about Elvis that I've really cared about in years and I'm here purely for fun. If it's not fun, I shake my head at the stupidity and move on.

Keep on truckin', Joe, but relax a little. You're not a spring chicken anymore and your blood pressure can't take it.

Anyway, you're a good guy, Joe. One of the best on here. Don't let this stuff bother you. Skip over their posts if you have to, but enjoy the MAN AND HIS MUSIC the way YOU want to and forget about all of the nonsense that you're going to hear. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.

Nicely put, Rob.

Best wishes to your son, too.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

alanfalk
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by alanfalk »

Rob wrote:

I don't understand how you can let these people (the minority here) get the best of you. Like what you want to like and don't worry about anyone else. Like you, the 1970s Elvis is the reason I can call myself a fan today. Also like you, we both are awestruck by the music that came before. When someone here puts down Elvis' later work, so be it. All that matters is what YOU like. There are some on this board, not many, but some, who continue to post the same negative suptuff over and over. All you have to do is to take a gander at who the author of the post is and you will more than likely know right away what they are going to talk about. Is it not as easy for you as it is me to skip over them? I appreciate the fact that you feel that you have to defend Elvis, but you don't. Elvis has been gone for a long time and millions of people in this world go through their day without Elvis Presley ever crossing their mind. It's only a precious few people who visit this board on a daily basis that discuss Elvis music as thoroughly as we do. If there is someone here who enjoys putting Elvis' later work down, then so be it. Enjoy Elvis the way YOU want to enjoy him. I'm glad not everyone here has the same opinion. Would we really want all Elvis fans to be the same? Not me. Don't get so riled because it doesn't matter to a hill of beans. Do not give anyone here the power to do that to you. I have never been upset with anyone on this board over Elvis Presley. I usually have a ball with some of the ignorance. The only time someone has ever upset me on this board was years ago when an ignorant little punk made a comment about our soldiers in Iraq while my son was there. Had he been standing in front of me when he said it, I would be in prison today and he would be in the ground (my son comes home from Afghanistan next week, by the way). Things like that is why I can't take this message board too seriously. I really don't see how anyone can. I haven't learned anything new about Elvis that I've really cared about in years and I'm here purely for fun. If it's not fun, I shake my head at the stupidity and move on.

Well said Rob, I know what you said was to Joe, but I will try to take your advice too. And great that you have a son you can be proud of, I always thank every one of the Danish soldiers who served in Iraq and Ahganistan with you guys, when I meet any of them, they all risked their life for our safty, that is something to be proud off. You are among my fav. People on this site.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Joe Car wrote:
r&b wrote:Everyone has a right to express an opinion. If you dont like it, you have a right to express your counterpoint. That is what a forum is all about. Most people here do not agree with me, and that is fine. While growing up, I thought everything Elvis did was great (well by 1966, I was upset at the movies and soundtracks) but he was still Elvis. Yet, most artists in the pop world were putting out better records than Elvis in the mid 60's. Anyone denying this is not being real (or maybe wasnt around then) and after all these years, yes , I am more critical of his career and state my opinions on this. It comes with age maybe, I dont know, but I know a lot of his output was subpar, even poor given his status in the business. Of course lots of blame can go around for this, The Col, Hal Wallis, his publishing arrangement, and Elvis himself. He was not exactly a guy who took control of what he did, down to crucial record releases. So after all these years, I view his output as 50% great, 25% good, 25% below avg and even poor. You can break down the years anyway you want it, but to me, most of his subpar stuff was the mid 60's and after 1971 with a few notable exceptions.
That's fine if you feel that way, but I don't want to be bashed for liking Elvis' seventies work more then you do. I don't mean it's you personally, but others on this site feel that it's their god-given right to dismiss everything he did his final decade, in a condescending way to the rest of us. This is a major problem on this site and frankly I''m sick of it, as are others.
I understand you are sick of getting flak for liking the 70's but it should work both ways as well. When I made the comment of enjoying Elton John's recent Dec. concert at MSG more than Elvis' (musically speaking) you would have thought I cursed Mother Theresa. I was told I wasnt a true fan, go join an Elton John forum among other things. Anyone should be able to comment anyway they wish, and like one thing more than another person without receiving nasty comments about it. Its a point of view I was making, nothing more, nothing less. I just dont dig Elvis donning jumpsuits and singing mostly MOR covers. Not my cup of tea at all and I will never be ashamed of feeling this way just as someone should not be ashamed of feeling the opposite way.

alanfalk
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by alanfalk »

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
alanfalk wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.
We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)
The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.
So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:
I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.
Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.
Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose colour glasses" people.
No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?
Yes, thats because you were being silly, remember.
Yes I remember you being mad that I quoted your "95% of Elvis' music is C-R-A-P", as a counter example, that you think other people are wrong for saying that most of Elvis music is good. Now I see you back padling quite a bit (and that is ok), but don't jump other people for saying the opposite of you. And don't accuse others for being rude, when you youself exelerate in it.

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

alanfalk wrote:
alanfalk wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.
We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)
The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.
So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:
I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.
Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.
Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose colour glasses" people.
No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?
Yes, thats because you were being silly, remember.
Yes I remember you being mad that I quoted your "95% of Elvis' music is C-R-A-P", as a counter example, that you think other people are wrong for saying that most of Elvis music is good. Now I see you back padling quite a bit (and that is ok), but don't jump other people for saying the opposite of you. And don't accuse others for being rude, when you youself exelerate in it.
LOL!

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Topic author
elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvisjock »

Well said, Rob, as always. Perspective is a good thing.

If it weren't for 1970s Elvis, I would not be here. While I certainly respect what came before, and realize that it's those early years that made him king, I don't have the emotional connection to the 50s and 60s that I do to the 70s. We now know how much he was struggling. We've put every musical moment under the microscope. Still, the Elvis of Aloha, Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis, Good Times and Boulevard was strong enough to rope in this 11-year-old kid.

Very happy to hear that your son is on his way home. I wish him safe travels.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

eligain
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by eligain »

I wouldn't be here if not for 70's Elvis either. Growing up in the 60's and 70's, I was fully aware of Elvis but became of fan after seeing him in Vegas in 73 and then fueled by seeing Aloha, EOT and TTWII. That then led me to discover more of 50's Elvis which I dearly love as well.

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

Well, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my Ma and Dad getting frisky circa June 1959, but we best not get into that. Joe, follow Rob's sound advice. Rob, glad to hear your boy is coming home.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.
No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.
You've been here long enough -- 10+ years -- to know that's not how it works.

So, what you are telling us is you would rather bitch about a situation you don't understand, rather than reach out to admin and try to learn the truth.

Bravo.

---

Back on topic: "Aloha" is what it is.

I will say, in my college dorm, freshman year, I had this poster on my wall, along with other select top favorites (guess).

730114_Honolulu.JPG
Some made fun, but I didn't care.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Rob wrote:

Thanks Rob. What bothers me the most is that some "so-called fans," talk worse about Elvis then Albert Goldman ever spewed in his creepy book years ago. The lack of respect bothers me. I'm glad your son is coming home next week. Thank him for putting his life on the line, day in, day out, for us please.

drjohncarpenter

Joe Car wrote:Thanks Rob. What bothers me the most is that some "so-called fans," talk worse about Elvis then Albert Goldman ever spewed in his creepy book years ago.
I know this book well. The biographer's prose was angry, bitter, false and vindictive.

Please be kind enough to share even one salient example of this "talk" on the FECC forum.

Surely there must be many, given how upset you are, but I cannot find any. I'll be waiting. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Thanks Rob. What bothers me the most is that some "so-called fans," talk worse about Elvis then Albert Goldman ever spewed in his creepy book years ago.
I know this book well. The biographer's prose was angry, bitter, false and vindictive.

Please be kind enough to share even one salient example of this "talk" on the FECC forum.

Surely there must be many, given how upset you are, but I cannot find any. I'll be waiting. ;-)
Lonely Summer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:48 am
It's nice to see the realists here knock Aloha off its pedestal. It's true that millions...billions? tuned in to see it on tv, nothing beats free entertainment. These same folks were exactly stampeding to the theaters to see Elvis On Tour. Sure, the Aloha album went to #1 in Billboard, but it didn't exactly outsell Dark Side of the Moon did it (or Elvis' Golden Records, for that matter)? Yes, Elvis was a full blown drug addict, and this was on display for the entire world to see. No doubt many future and present day rockers saw this performance and said to themselves "that was boring, this guy is Middle of the Road, boring, where is the Hillbilly Cat? The Rockabilly Rebel? I didn't tune this in to see a third rate Englebert What's-his-dink impersonator!" Fortunately, for the faithful, Elvis In Concert was still to come!
This is just one. I can't be bothered searching through every post.

Topic author
elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvisjock »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.
No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.
You've been here long enough -- 10+ years -- to know that's not how it works.

So, what you are telling us is you would rather bitch about a situation you don't understand, rather than reach out to admin and try to learn the truth.

Bravo.

---

Back on topic: "Aloha" is what it is.

I will say, in my college dorm, freshman year, I had this poster on my wall, along with other select top favorites (guess).

730114_Honolulu.JPG
Some made fun, but I didn't care.
Chick magnet then. Chick magnet now.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

Joe, I took Lonely Summer's post to be mocking the Aloha critics. Maybe I completely mis-read it, but that's how I took it.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Pete Dube wrote:Joe, I took Lonely Summer's post to be mocking the Aloha critics. Maybe I completely mis-read it, but that's how I took it.
Oh Christ, if so I apologize.

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by minkahed »

I wanna add, last nite we went out partying to a local pub, kinda "hillbilly" yocals, but still, nice people, just wanting to have a good time, shoot some pool, dance, socialize .... then the Dj put on "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii", I couldn't believe it, let alone the reaction from this 200 or so crowd.

People were cheering, dancing, applauding,just loving it, and we weren't even lit yet, people wanted "more" Elvis and that's when I knew, people love this guy, not for the image, not for the glam, not for the "bling", it was his voice, his music that took it home, then it all made sense.

Forget what these so called "experts" say about Elvis in '73 and beyond, people like what they like and you like what you wanna like, not just because some yo-yo says it's un-kool to like it.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Joe Car wrote:but others on this site feel that it's their god-given right to dismiss everything he did his final decade, in a condescending way to the rest of us. This is a major problem on this site and frankly I''m sick of it, as are others.
No, it is not - because it doesn't happen. No one here dismisses everything Elvis did in the 70s, so there's nothing to be sick of.

As for Aloha, the performance is average at best and is not a concert I revisit often, it lacks energy, pace, and excitement. About 20-25 years ago my mother said to me whilst my VHS of Aloha played on the TV - "it's starting to happen here" in reference to Elvis' decline. This conclusion from a 1st generation casual fan who watched Aloha live was based on the distance in his face and lack of enthusiasm in his performance. Elvis is not in the moment with Aloha, he is detached. It's not a terrible concert, and it has moments of magnificence, but it is quite overrated overall.

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by minkahed »

Matthew wrote:
Joe Car wrote:but others on this site feel that it's their god-given right to dismiss everything he did his final decade, in a condescending way to the rest of us. This is a major problem on this site and frankly I''m sick of it, as are others.
No, it is not - because it doesn't happen. No one here dismisses everything Elvis did in the 70s, so there's nothing to be sick of.

As for Aloha, the performance is average at best and is not a concert I revisit often, it lacks energy, pace, and excitement. About 20-25 years ago my mother said to me whilst my VHS of Aloha played on the TV - "it's starting to happen here" in reference to Elvis' decline. This conclusion from a 1st generation casual fan who watched Aloha live was based on the distance in his face and lack of enthusiasm in his performance. Elvis is not in the moment with Aloha, he is detached. It's not a terrible concert, and it has moments of magnificence, but it is quite overrated overall.

Ah, it's just the counterculture ...

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

drjohncarpenter

Pete Dube wrote:Joe, I took Lonely Summer's post to be mocking the Aloha critics. Maybe I completely mis-read it, but that's how I took it.
That was exactly his point.

So we are still waiting to see all these posts where members "... talk worse about Elvis then Albert Goldman ever spewed in his creepy book years ago."

Again, I couldn't find a single one. And if so, one wonders what exactly Joe Car is getting worked up about.

Opinions that do not match his, perhaps?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

minkahed wrote:I wanna add, last nite we went out partying to a local pub, kinda "hillbilly" yocals, but still, nice people, just wanting to have a good time, shoot some pool, dance, socialize .... then the Dj put on "Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii", I couldn't believe it, let alone the reaction from this 200 or so crowd.

People were cheering, dancing, applauding,just loving it, and we weren't even lit yet, people wanted "more" Elvis and that's when I knew, people love this guy, not for the image, not for the glam, not for the "bling", it was his voice, his music that took it home, then it all made sense.

Forget what these so called "experts" say about Elvis in '73 and beyond, people like what they like and you like what you wanna like, not just because some yo-yo says it's un-kool to like it.
Where exactly is this pub located? I doubt there is another one like it on the entire planet. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
That was exactly his point.

So we are still waiting to see all these posts where members "... talk worse about Elvis then Albert Goldman ever spewed in his creepy book years ago."

Again, I couldn't find a single one. And if so, one wonders what exactly Joe Car is getting worked up about.

Opinions that do not match his, perhaps?
There have been many Aloha threads where Elvis has been ripped apart, that sir is undeniable. If you'd like, perhaps on my day off, I'll post them all for you and you can read them for yourself. I have nothing to prove on this site, no agenda in place, just an appreciation for the man and his music and giving him the respect he rightfully deserves, especially when it comes to the Aloha concert. As far as not finding a single out of line post, take your dark side shades off and perhaps you will see what has been an ongoing issues for years on this site, the 70's bias by a select view, who for some strange reason, view their opinion as gospel, when it's just that, an opinion.