Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:I've never seen any fascination in the Aloha TV Show. To me, its a very boring show with too much MOR music.

People have said on this board that they became fans because of Aloha or the 70's in general. But if i had heard Elvis' music of the 70's first, i would never have been a fan straightaway. Now, i like all types of music from Country, R&B, R'n'R, Soul, Motown, Indie, Punk, Pop, Reggae but Elvis' 70's material doesn't hit the mark of "classic recordings" like the genres of music i've just mentioned. Yes, he did probably about a dozen "classic" recordings in the 70's, but that's about it, imo.

The song selection was a bit strange for a worldwide TV show. He should have pulled all the stops out and changed the reportoire for this special event like doing the songs that made him famous, rather than doing other peoples songs.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.

We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:07 am

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.

So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:28 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic has been removed, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

No threads should be deleted.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Xaykev wrote:
alanfalk wrote:I treasure the big variety we have in the proffesional tv shows ; 68' special, TTWII, On Tour, Aloha and even EIC.
And I won't Even start to name all the "drug addicts" we have/had in show buisness, of those Elvis was by far the coolest and best !

I agree :)

+1. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:12 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.

Thank you.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:16 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No ones disputing that,what people seem to have a problem with is that other members have caused trouble and disrupted threads yet they remain on the board and unpunished-Do you really think that is right?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:21 pm

jacob wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No ones disputing that,what people seem to have a problem with is that other members have caused trouble and disrupted threads yet they remain on the board and unpunished-Do you really think that is right?

There is a vast difference - the "other members" of which you speak have never resorted to intimidation within their threads, or threats - both of these are present in the current thread by FC over on the Monkey board, and were more than implicit in some of the threads he contributed to here.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:49 pm

I know what Footage Collector did and like I said I don't condone it.But don't you think that this forum is being ruined by the dysfunctional behaviour of some of it's members? I like this forum and come her most days but all the back biting and infighting wears me down at times.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:00 pm

jacob wrote:I know what Footage Collector did and like I said I don't condone it.But don't you think that this forum is being ruined by the dysfunctional behaviour of some of it's members? I like this forum and come her most days but all the back biting and infighting wears me down at times.

+1

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:12 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.
Last edited by Joe Car on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.

No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.

one of the guidelines is that we can't question the mods at any time.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Joe, I couldn't agree with you more, he wasn't rude to me either. And you are so right about the same people always comment when there is a chance of taking a stab at Elvis post 69-70, but seldom comment when there is someting positive. I don't know what or if they have an agenda, but it is almost as if they try to prove Lennon's "Elvis died ...." Or Harrison' comment after he saw one of the MSG shows, right. Maybe they are Beatles fans who want to prove to us that after Beatles came around, Elvis was pushed out of the music scene, never to get back for real (except a very little imtermezzo). Really weird was it how some people wouldn't take all the very positive reviews of the resent STAX release serious ! As Elvis fans they should be thrilled to see an often overlooked period in his carrer praised.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

alanfalk wrote:Joe, I couldn't agree with you more, he wasn't rude to me either. And you are so right about the same people always comment when there is a chance of taking a stab at Elvis post 69-70, but seldom comment when there is someting positive. I don't know what or if they have an agenda, but it is almost as if they try to prove Lennon's "Elvis died ...." Or Harrison' comment after he saw one of the MSG shows, right. Maybe they are Beatles fans who want to prove to us that after Beatles came around, Elvis was pushed out of the music scene, never to get back for real (except a very little imtermezzo). Really weird was it how some people wouldn't take all the very positive reviews of the resent STAX release serious ! As Elvis fans they should be thrilled to see an often overlooked period in his carrer praised.

Footage collector wasnt rude to me either.. But he already got questioned since the first day he came on here (he didnt deserve that)

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses"
people.
Last edited by mysterytrainrideson on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses" people.

No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

That some don't agree with others about a certain movie a certain concert etc.. Doesn't automatically mean they are wearing rose coloured glasses, cause simply we could say the same thing about those who call us that...
Everybody's opinion counts.. But some shouldnt push their opinion on others.. and automatically say ''Your Wearing Rose Coloured Glasses'' or others who call each other ''Delushional'''... Lets just agree to disagree on things.. But don't name people simply because they dont agree with YOUR opinion.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 pm

alanfalk wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?

Yes, thats because you were being silly, remember.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Of course we are all not going to agree on certain things,that's normal and I don't have a problem with that.What I have a problem with is how people respond to others in the threads.I don't see why people can't talk to each properly without resorting to conflict?
And another thing that's particularly childish is the way that people follow others around and add fuel to the fire and make things ten times worse.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:59 pm

@ Joe car. Yes, it is your right to praise who you want. But if you want to praise a rude, aggressive and pompous person thats your business, to me, that shows the type of person you are, so don't expect too much positive feedback from me.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Everyone has a right to express an opinion. If you dont like it, you have a right to express your counterpoint. That is what a forum is all about. Most people here do not agree with me, and that is fine. While growing up, I thought everything Elvis did was great (well by 1966, I was upset at the movies and soundtracks) but he was still Elvis. Yet, most artists in the pop world were putting out better records than Elvis in the mid 60's. Anyone denying this is not being real (or maybe wasnt around then) and after all these years, yes , I am more critical of his career and state my opinions on this. It comes with age maybe, I dont know, but I know a lot of his output was subpar, even poor given his status in the business. Of course lots of blame can go around for this, The Col, Hal Wallis, his publishing arrangement, and Elvis himself. He was not exactly a guy who took control of what he did, down to crucial record releases. So after all these years, I view his output as 50% great, 25% good, 25% below avg and even poor. You can break down the years anyway you want it, but to me, most of his subpar stuff was the mid 60's and after 1971 with a few notable exceptions.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:20 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:@ Joe car. Yes, it is your right to praise who you want. But if you want to praise a rude, aggressive and pompous person thats your business, to me, that shows the type of person you are, so don't expect too much positive feedback from me.

The way you are talking to me now, makes me think you are an a--hole, but then again, I don't know you. I praised FC for the footage he posted, no more, no less.