Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:29 am

eligain wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
memphisound wrote:poormadpeter, I see where you are coming from, but I just disagree. I feel like besides the obvious throwaways, the voice was there on all cylinders, What Now My Love, I'll Remember You, Burning Love, You Gave Me A Mountain, American Trilogy, Welcome To My World, See See Rider, My Way, It's Over. These were all executed with profession. Now I see where people come at that this was boring, if they are comparing to the years before, because I did the same thing when I first seen it at a very young age. And as I grew older, and appreciated the show, and Elvis professional delivery, I got a new appreciation for it. Though the show was what I would say, to on que, Elvis was not that interactive with the audience, and not much banter with them, but that was because the show was strictly 60 minutes and he had to be on time with each delivery. I always love Aloha, it was one of the few shows I remember being so down to business, besides those 1972 Vegas show's. And your right after all these years its all we have left to do is critique every performance, but I know what Aloha is, and appreciate it for what it is, a fine performance in his the books (not his best no, but pretty damn good) always have and always will. Aloha From Hawaii is alot of things, but dull is not one of them.


It's not to do with the banter or interaction with the audience, it's to do with what appears to be a lack of passion for much of the time. Sure he has his moments, but how can you say Welcome to my World is Elvis firing on all cylinders, for example? It starts off nicely, but then breaks that spell completely as he faffs around with a scarf. And in the last verse in particular, you can hear Elvis struggling to keep in pitch on the long notes at the end of each line. It's not when Elvis is singing at full pelt that the vocal problems occur, but when he's singing quietly - hence why he sang at full pelt so much in the final years; it covers up all kinds of vocal issues.

And we SHOULD be able to compare this to previous years. This is only a few months after MSG and EOT, only 2 and half years after TTWII and only four a half years after the 68 comeback. I have no problem with the Vegasisation (that's my new word) of Elvis, it's the fact that he is on autopilot for much of the time...and would be even more so when he got to Vegas a week or so later.


There really is no spell to be broken with "Welcome to My World". It's a nice song (I've always enjoyed it) but it isn't meant to be intense or deep and his "faffing" around with his scarf was (like it or not) part of his act by then. I think the last verse is fine.


When he started giving out scarves is when the concerts became more an event than a concert. More songs got thrown away with the scarves being tossed out. More concentration was given to the toss than the song.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 am

midnightx wrote:
alanfalk wrote:Well then a little explanation for the slow :D Ray Charles, Johnny Cash , Jim Morrison, Beatles, Rolling Stones and about 1000 other singers did drugs and/or alcohol in some form or other, and quite a bit of those blues singers I guess you like a lot did too, but when Elvis is using medication he is the devil incarnated and suddenly everyone can hear and see it in every 70' performance (which they often "funny enough" don't care for anyway).

Are you insinuating the fan-bases of those other artists you mention believe those artists were infallible during the phases in which they abused drugs? That is one of oddest assertions Elvis apologists make. They act as if Elvis is being unfairly targeted due to his drug abuse, and that other well-known musicians who also abused drugs are somehow celebrated for their actions. No serious Doors fan believes Morrison was generally performing well in 1970. No serious, informed Led Zeppelin fan will assert Jimmy Page played wonderfully on heroin during the band's 1975/1977 U.S. shows. No well-informed Rolling Stones fan will proclaim Keith Richards was at his best during the mid-70s. And feel free to point out some of Elvis' finer moments from the '70s as a misguided argument that his drug abuse wasn't so severe that it negatively impacted the entire period, so, therefore one should accept the inferior moments because without them, there would not have been the good ones either. Most fans will agree that the MSG concerts are exciting and fun, that the spring 1972 On Tour shows were of high quality, that his work in Las Vegas during 1970 was mostly tremendous, that Elvis Country was a good record, etc. But there was a lot of substandard work done between 1970 and 1977 -- and the deterioration of Elvis' live work from 1973 thru 1977 was spiraling downward at an alarming pace due mostly to drug addiction. You also assume that fans who acknowledge the impact Elvis' drug abuse had on his live show are simply doing so because they don't like that period of Elvis' work to begin with -- again, a very misguided assertion.


Stop using the word, "misguided". You over use it. Stop.

Southpark: "Drugs are bad for you kids, they're bad".

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:I've never seen any fascination in the Aloha TV Show. To me, its a very boring show with too much MOR music.

People have said on this board that they became fans because of Aloha or the 70's in general. But if i had heard Elvis' music of the 70's first, i would never have been a fan straightaway. Now, i like all types of music from Country, R&B, R'n'R, Soul, Motown, Indie, Punk, Pop, Reggae but Elvis' 70's material doesn't hit the mark of "classic recordings" like the genres of music i've just mentioned. Yes, he did probably about a dozen "classic" recordings in the 70's, but that's about it, imo.

The song selection was a bit strange for a worldwide TV show. He should have pulled all the stops out and changed the reportoire for this special event like doing the songs that made him famous, rather than doing other peoples songs.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:07 am

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:28 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic has been removed, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:


No threads should be deleted.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:43 am

Bunch of beatle nuthuggers...not true Elvis fans. Very transparent bandwagon fans.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Xaykev wrote:
alanfalk wrote:I treasure the big variety we have in the proffesional tv shows ; 68' special, TTWII, On Tour, Aloha and even EIC.
And I won't Even start to name all the "drug addicts" we have/had in show buisness, of those Elvis was by far the coolest and best !


I agree :)


+1. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:12 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Thank you.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:16 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


No ones disputing that,what people seem to have a problem with is that other members have caused trouble and disrupted threads yet they remain on the board and unpunished-Do you really think that is right?

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:21 pm

jacob wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


No ones disputing that,what people seem to have a problem with is that other members have caused trouble and disrupted threads yet they remain on the board and unpunished-Do you really think that is right?


There is a vast difference - the "other members" of which you speak have never resorted to intimidation within their threads, or threats - both of these are present in the current thread by FC over on the Monkey board, and were more than implicit in some of the threads he contributed to here.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:49 pm

I know what Footage Collector did and like I said I don't condone it.But don't you think that this forum is being ruined by the dysfunctional behaviour of some of it's members? I like this forum and come her most days but all the back biting and infighting wears me down at times.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:00 pm

jacob wrote:I know what Footage Collector did and like I said I don't condone it.But don't you think that this forum is being ruined by the dysfunctional behaviour of some of it's members? I like this forum and come her most days but all the back biting and infighting wears me down at times.


+1

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:12 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.
Last edited by Joe Car on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:20 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.


No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


Why don't you send a PM to admin and ask them why it was removed? You might learn something.


No thanks. I would rather the mods post their reasoning as to why a thread is removed, then pm them.


one of the guidelines is that we can't question the mods at any time.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Joe, I couldn't agree with you more, he wasn't rude to me either. And you are so right about the same people always comment when there is a chance of taking a stab at Elvis post 69-70, but seldom comment when there is someting positive. I don't know what or if they have an agenda, but it is almost as if they try to prove Lennon's "Elvis died ...." Or Harrison' comment after he saw one of the MSG shows, right. Maybe they are Beatles fans who want to prove to us that after Beatles came around, Elvis was pushed out of the music scene, never to get back for real (except a very little imtermezzo). Really weird was it how some people wouldn't take all the very positive reviews of the resent STAX release serious ! As Elvis fans they should be thrilled to see an often overlooked period in his carrer praised.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

alanfalk wrote:Joe, I couldn't agree with you more, he wasn't rude to me either. And you are so right about the same people always comment when there is a chance of taking a stab at Elvis post 69-70, but seldom comment when there is someting positive. I don't know what or if they have an agenda, but it is almost as if they try to prove Lennon's "Elvis died ...." Or Harrison' comment after he saw one of the MSG shows, right. Maybe they are Beatles fans who want to prove to us that after Beatles came around, Elvis was pushed out of the music scene, never to get back for real (except a very little imtermezzo). Really weird was it how some people wouldn't take all the very positive reviews of the resent STAX release serious ! As Elvis fans they should be thrilled to see an often overlooked period in his carrer praised.


Footage collector wasnt rude to me either.. But he already got questioned since the first day he came on here (he didnt deserve that)

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Joe Car wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses"
people.
Last edited by mysterytrainrideson on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses" people.


No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses" people.


That some don't agree with others about a certain movie a certain concert etc.. Doesn't automatically mean they are wearing rose coloured glasses, cause simply we could say the same thing about those who call us that...
Everybody's opinion counts.. But some shouldnt push their opinion on others.. and automatically say ''Your Wearing Rose Coloured Glasses'' or others who call each other ''Delushional'''... Lets just agree to disagree on things.. But don't name people simply because they dont agree with YOUR opinion.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 pm

alanfalk wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:This is the thread that should be deleted, not the one from the other day.


We should delete anything that is critical of Elvis in any way! ;-)

The thread that most of us were enjoying immensely, was deleted, yet this thread is ok. Somebody has an agenda, that's my point.


So True Joe, and the person who made the greatest contribution to that topic is no longer registered, yet the Somebody with the Agenda remains as always. :roll:

I'm sick and tied of all this praising of the "footage collector". Just because he had some unseen footage doesn't make him a good person by nature because he wasn't, he was a member for barely a month and all of a sudden the forum became an activity of arguements because of his rude and derogatory comments. He was the cause of arguements on other threads and not just the one thats been deleted. Its very dissappointing to see the true nature of peoples characters to praise such a person. The reason he's been banned is because of his behaviour.


Really, I'm sick and tired of the same several people bashing Elvis' work from the seventies, over and over. These same people, when there is a positive thread about Elvis, cannot be found, the tv special from England thread that Brian posted, is a perfect example. I also don't appreciate you questioning my character as I'm free to praise who I like, that's not your concern. I could name a few people that should be banned for rude and obnoxious comments, but I won't. As far as FC goes, there were a lot of people in that post that he wasn't rude to, myself included.
Just to add to this, there are some friends of Elvis, or people who were in Elvis' life, who frequent this site from time to time and for them to have to read what has been written in this thread and other threads and the lack of respect shown Elvis is embarrassing. It sickens me to be honest.

Unfortunately, not everything Elvis did was magical. Not every movie was good, not every record was good, not every concert was good - so people have the right to express their opinions about all this.

You sound like one of those "rose coloured glasses" people.


No, it is C-R-A-P 95% of it , isn't it ?, at least that is what you said in one of your posts ! Now, what colour are your glasses ?
And talking about rude, do you remember when you asked me "if I hadn't returned to the planet of the apes yet" ?

Yes, thats because you were being silly, remember.

Re: ALOHA..HawA-IIII..USAAAAAAAAA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Of course we are all not going to agree on certain things,that's normal and I don't have a problem with that.What I have a problem with is how people respond to others in the threads.I don't see why people can't talk to each properly without resorting to conflict?
And another thing that's particularly childish is the way that people follow others around and add fuel to the fire and make things ten times worse.