New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Track"

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

YDKM
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Post by YDKM »

:cry: surprisingly when i just looked through my 1976 Elvis Monthly's March 1976 was my only missing issue!~ :?

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Tony.. »

YDKM wrote:I reckon i could still enjoy more from FTD for this Winter 74 Engagement it was consistant~!

Or another way to describe it was samey, short shrift and rushed for the most part. I won't be buying either of these 2 CD's.

Topic author
Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Tony.. wrote:
YDKM wrote:I reckon i could still enjoy more from FTD for this Winter 74 Engagement it was consistant~!

Or another way to describe it was samey, short shrift and rushed for the most part. I won't be buying either of these 2 CD's.
Another way to describe it is: A good setlist, Solid Performances, And elvis looking great.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Both are winners for collectors but not for admirer of good sounding AR`s..to sum it up.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Rob

Post by Rob »

Tony.. wrote:I won't be buying either of these 2 CD's.
What a shock.

Say hello to Christopher Robin for us.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:? with the 1974 show sounding 6/10 and the 1971 show sounding 6.5/10 i still see this release as completely unessasary!~ no new or rare songs and i have other better sounding 1971 and 1974 concerts already without basically needing more of the same. so i won't be paying A$50 for a sub par sound...NO I buy SA releases instead with 'new' concerts great (9/10) sound!~ need i say more!~? :wink: :roll: 8)

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Joern

Post by Joern »

YDKM wrote::? with the 1974 show sounding 6/10 and the 1971 show sounding 6.5/10 i still see this release as completely unessasary!~ no new or rare songs and i have other better sounding 1971 and 1974 concerts already without basically needing more of the same. so i won't be paying A$50 for a sub par sound...NO I buy SA releases instead with 'new' concerts great (9/10) sound!~ need i say more!~? :wink: :roll: 8)
Which one is from 1971? Btw you should change your import dealer if you pay 50 A$ for them.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

the 1971 show i was meaning was the 'Praise To The King ' cd..... and yes i could buy it now for A$43

You Don't Know Me!

xmascarrol
Registered for: 13 years 5 months
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

I have dinner in vegas which is actually back on track. A bit of a cock up by touchdown but tbh I think hearing the whole 74 cd isnt as bad as I thought it was. Im just waitin for back on track cd which will be 72. These concerts arent the most important and I would like others but I have them and im glad ive got them. Its about time we had none vegas cds plzz. Ftd vegas touchdown vegas and SA vegas. Come on guys thanks for the cds but plzzz is it too much to ask on the road cds .

he maybe gone but never forgotten.

charro1971
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by charro1971 »

xmascarrol wrote:I have dinner in vegas which is actually back on track. A bit of a cock up by touchdown but tbh I think hearing the whole 74 cd isnt as bad as I thought it was. Im just waitin for back on track cd which will be 72. These concerts arent the most important and I would like others but I have them and im glad ive got them. Its about time we had none vegas cds plzz. Ftd vegas touchdown vegas and SA vegas. Come on guys thanks for the cds but plzzz is it too much to ask on the road cds .
What's the booklet like for Back On Track in Vegas? (Are there lots of great Jan/Feb 1974 pictures as Touchdown claim?)

If it's audience recordings, I prefer Vegas concerts. With audience recordings of tour shows, the sound is usually worse and the noise from the audience far too loud.

Plus, like it or not the Vegas concerts are the main Elvis concerts in the 70s. Nearly all new material introduced to the shows would be introduced in Vegas and Elvis would then perform the same songs on tour.

"A song from my recent TV show, which was pretty bad, but you know... you can't win 'em all!" - Elvis Presley (August 25 1969 DS)
"My favourite guitar player on lead guitar, say hello to James Burton. Young man on rhythm guitar; he's fair to mediocre, John Wilkinson." (February 19 1970 MS)
"My mouth feels like Bob Dylan slept in it." (February 21 1971 MS)
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, my name is B.B. King" (August 16 1971 MS)
"Ed Sullivan looked at me and said "mmm, son of a b**ch." Nah, he's a nice... old chap." (January 27 1973 DS)
"I'm allowed on stage for 55 minutes to 1 hour. That's what they say. I say about 35 minutes!" (March 22 1975 MS)

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

xmascarrol wrote:Come on guys thanks for the cds but plzzz is it too much to ask on the road cds .
The problem is..there aren`t many good sounding tour shows left which fit for release..there`s nothing suitable left..the only one I could think of is Jacksonville, April 16, 1972 ES. ..sound still not the best..anyway..it could be good enough...

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

charro1971 wrote:
xmascarrol wrote:I have dinner in vegas which is actually back on track. A bit of a cock up by touchdown but tbh I think hearing the whole 74 cd isnt as bad as I thought it was. Im just waitin for back on track cd which will be 72. These concerts arent the most important and I would like others but I have them and im glad ive got them. Its about time we had none vegas cds plzz. Ftd vegas touchdown vegas and SA vegas. Come on guys thanks for the cds but plzzz is it too much to ask on the road cds .
What's the booklet like for Back On Track in Vegas? (Are there lots of great Jan/Feb 1974 pictures as Touchdown claim?)

If it's audience recordings, I prefer Vegas concerts. With audience recordings of tour shows, the sound is usually worse and the noise from the audience far too loud.

Plus, like it or not the Vegas concerts are the main Elvis concerts in the 70s. Nearly all new material introduced to the shows would be introduced in Vegas and Elvis would then perform the same songs on tour.

Im not sure about the booklet cause i only got the dinner in vegas booklet with back on track cd, im waiting for the 72 cd which will be out soon.

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

Ciscoking wrote:
xmascarrol wrote:Come on guys thanks for the cds but plzzz is it too much to ask on the road cds .
The problem is..there aren`t many good sounding tour shows left which fit for release..there`s nothing suitable left..the only one I could think of is Jacksonville, April 16, 1972 ES. ..sound still not the best..anyway..it could be good enough...
thats a shame. what about ftd don't they have a few. its just a shame Bruce passed away he may decided one day to release what he may of had, but cant see that happenin now .

Cheers for the info Cisco

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

YDKM wrote:the 1971 show i was meaning was the 'Praise To The King ' cd..... and yes i could buy it now for A$43

I know what you mean. im listening to it now and ive heard worse from them and i still have worse. Im glad i have this one as its a new show. SA are great but not all of their releases are great in my eyes but yes better than most i agree.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

xmascarrol wrote:
thats a shame. what about ftd don't they have a few.
Sure they have "a few"... :wink:

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

I just bought the new 1972 show...simply because it is both 'new' and listenable sound. :D

You Don't Know Me!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D Just listened to the show an 'ok' 7/10 sound and show by 'touchdown label' , but boy when you have also just listened to latest SA releases and their 9/10 sounds this sucks!~ :?

You Don't Know Me!

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

YDKM wrote::D Just listened to the show an 'ok' 7/10 sound and show by 'touchdown label' , but boy when you have also just listened to latest SA releases and their 9/10 sounds this sucks!~ :?
Promo Tour?

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

I have just read the review of this 1974 show in latest man & music #104 and its getting HIGH PRAISE...in fact best sounding audience recording in this months CD review section. I'm really tempted now to get a copy! Memory records in 2002 released the 26/1/74 O/S + now we have the same days M/S from 26th January.I will make my mind up after the weekend, but its pretty 'rare for Trevor Cajiao to praise up such a audience recording like this~! :shock:

You Don't Know Me!

Joern

Post by Joern »

YDKM wrote::? with the 1974 show sounding 6/10 and the 1971 show sounding 6.5/10 i still see this release as completely unessasary!~ no new or rare songs and i have other better sounding 1971 and 1974 concerts already without basically needing more of the same. so i won't be paying A$50 for a sub par sound...NO I buy SA releases instead with 'new' concerts great (9/10) sound!~ need i say more!~? :wink: :roll: 8)
I have just read the review of this 1974 show in latest man & music #104 and its getting HIGH PRAISE...in fact best sounding audience recording in this months CD review section. I'm really tempted now to get a copy! Memory records in 2002 released the 26/1/74 O/S + now we have the same days M/S from 26th January.I will make my mind up after the weekend, but its pretty 'rare for Trevor Cajiao to praise up such a audience recording like this~! :shock:
On what was your above written post based? I thought you heard the complete CD or did you gave it a 6/10 based on the sample?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

The sound is average at best. I guess Trevor hasn`t heard the recent soundbooth recordings.. :wink:

Joern

Post by Joern »

Ciscoking wrote:The sound is average at best. I guess Trevor hasn`t heard the recent soundbooth recordings.. :wink:
I'm surprised he does listen to audience recordings at all as TMAHM is quite rough on most audience recordings.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Joern wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The sound is average at best. I guess Trevor hasn`t heard the recent soundbooth recordings.. :wink:
I'm surprised he does listen to audience recordings at all as TMAHM is quite rough on most audience recordings.
Absolutely agree with you. The more I am surprise about this good rating. I have gotten the impression that he doesn`t like AR`s at all .... :lol:
Last edited by Ciscoking on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Yes i was far MORE than surprized that Trevor saying this CD had good performances(apart from medley's and Neilsons singing) and that he says you can hear every word too. Latest SA recorded releases for some reason hadn't been reviewed yet by the June issue..... so maybe more SA reviews by the Sept issue,...
oh and i did get suckered in and buy this CD after all!!!!

You Don't Know Me!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D Well Joern..... you'll be pleased to know i am writing this NOW AFTER i have FULLY listened to the 'back on track in Vegas' CD of the 26/1/74 M/S. Booklet is 'ok' with a nice 29th Jan Joe Delaney review and fuzzy pics are only ok and their are a LOT of them..so passable booklet but maybe @ 16 pages some 12 pages too much! :roll:
Sound for the show was 7/10- and certainly listenable as it clearly was a REAL GOOD SHOW-well sung + many MANY long list of Guest Celebrities!...bonus 'first time track' dropped to 6/10 sound and it was very noticeable after my ears had adjusted to 'acceptable' sound. Touchdown don't seem to be able to find the QUALITY of the SA tapes which are always 8/9 out of 10 audience sound. But upon reflection i am glad i did buy this CD, but for 100% certain latest Man & Music DID 'over rate' this CD. it's pretty good, but NOT THAT GOOD. ok for serious collectors, but others may just be content with a representative and better sounding 27/1/74 show provided by the FTD label!~
also oddly enough i did also recieve from my supplier a 'free' 2nd CD with same cover on it as this one , but it was the 3/9/72 D/S of 'at dinner in Vegas'
TOUCHDOWN do sometimes put out worthwhile cd's but not as 'worthwhile' rare or as collectable as my fav SA label :smt002 8) :lol:

You Don't Know Me!