Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 am

Perhaps the next legacy release would be something from the Sun era.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:41 am

Perhaps the next legacy release would be something from the Sun era.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 am

ekenee wrote:Perhaps the next legacy release would be something from the Sun era.

That would be awesome honestly even though we have A Boy From Tupelo, Sunrise, and Elvis At Sun, no doubt in my mind that the Sun Material belongs at Legacy Edition, probably more than any other release.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:05 am

Matthew wrote: I cannot see any rationale for Legacy to put out another project on this stuff.

it may not be under the Legacy title, but I guarantee you we will see it all again in 2018 - 1968 = 50, wanna bet :wink:

memphisound wrote:even though we have A Boy From Tupelo, Sunrise, and Elvis At Sun, no doubt in my mind that the Sun Material belongs at Legacy Edition, probably more than any other release.

hey don`t forget this baby THE SUN SESSIONS CD 1987

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:29 am

sweetangeline wrote:
Matthew wrote: I cannot see any rationale for Legacy to put out another project on this stuff.

it may not be under the Legacy title, but I guarantee you we will see it all again in 2018 - 1968 = 50, wanna bet :wink:

memphisound wrote:even though we have A Boy From Tupelo, Sunrise, and Elvis At Sun, no doubt in my mind that the Sun Material belongs at Legacy Edition, probably more than any other release.

hey don`t forget this baby THE SUN SESSIONS CD 1987

Yep forgot that one, don't have it in my collection. :facep:

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:58 am

Great track listing but horrible sound.

Kevan Budd did the Sun tracks justice.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 am

memphisound wrote:
ekenee wrote:Perhaps the next legacy release would be something from the Sun era.

That would be awesome honestly even though we have A Boy From Tupelo, Sunrise, and Elvis At Sun, no doubt in my mind that the Sun Material belongs at Legacy Edition, probably more than any other release.

Maybe they'll do a Legacy Edition of the 1976 "The Sun Sessions" album.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
memphisound wrote:

I would actually enjoy that, grew up with that album, got used to hearing the songs in the sequence they are in on that album. But what would they pair it up with?

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I say a Legacy Edition of For LP Fans Only/A Date With Elvis

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 am

Lonely Summer wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
memphisound wrote:

I would actually enjoy that, grew up with that album, got used to hearing the songs in the sequence they are in on that album. But what would they pair it up with?

Nothing. The album would probably get a more traditional legacy edition release with outtakes and live tracks.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Whilst Legacy would probably do a Legacy Edition of The Sun Sessions if they were to base on a lifetime album, I'd prefer they used The Sun Collection from the previous year (1975), which despite not being a US release was indeed the first collection of Elvis' Sun material, with better sound and artwork.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm betting we get a 3 cd set in the larger package and a single cd also. Like they did Stax. Maybe around June or July.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 pm

L Ray wrote:I'm betting we get a 3 cd set in the larger package and a single cd also. Like they did Stax. Maybe around June or July.

i dont think so

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Guys, still no clue who did the remix of the Memphis show?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:01 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:I'm betting we get a 3 cd set in the larger package and a single cd also. Like they did Stax. Maybe around June or July.

i dont think so

Because you wouldn't like that approach or because it sounds too good to be possible?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:20 am

If there's going to be a Sun Legacy release, this is the year to do it. And we need it on vinyl - like Mike Eder, I believe that is the best way to listen to this material.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:50 am

I doubt it. Except for if every CD has a playing time of not more than forty minutes... :lol:

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 pm

The Legay Edition of Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis can be preordered here for EUR 9.99.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/ ... 37?lang=en

If you order before Jan 19, 24:00 hrs, shipping to Germany, Austria, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, The Netherlands and Switzerland will be free.

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/home/static/-/p ... ml?lang=en

In my experience this is a very reliable retailer.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Robert wrote:Guys, still no clue who did the remix of the Memphis show?

Strange, isn't it?

Not sure why this is such a secret. IIRC, when the PFAP box set was announced, the mixing & mastering credits were included in the news release.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 pm

L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

i dont think so

Because you wouldn't like that approach or because it sounds too good to be possible?

i would love an approach like that, but i just dont see it happening

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

i dont think so

It will be interesting to see what they do. Something is coming for sure.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm

L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

i dont think so

i think if they had done an aproach like that for the memphis show then it would have been announced in the same press announcement.
I'd love to have like : CD 1 - The Multi-track remixed of the Memphis 74 show. CD 2: Memphis 1975 and Cd 3: memphis 1976

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

i dont think so

i think if they had done an aproach like that for the memphis show then it would have been announced in the same press announcement.
I'd love to have like : CD 1 - The Multi-track remixed of the Memphis 74 show. CD 2: Memphis 1975 and Cd 3: memphis 1976

I was making a follow up statement to Matthew's comments about a Sun set for this summer. Sorry we are talking about 2 different subjects.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 pm

The Memphis 1976 concert does not fit in a single CD.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 pm

L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

i dont think so

I was making a follow up statement to Matthew's comments about a Sun set for this summer. Sorry we are talking about 2 different subjects.

Ah okay.. maybe the Sun Set should have its separate thread?
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.