Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 pm

More people seem to be pleased and are glad with it, so commercial Sony did a fine job.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 pm

When In Rome wrote:Are your assumptions based on 'studies' or your opinion?

What assumptions?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 am

When In Rome wrote:
Matthew wrote:
TINML wrote:Right, just what I need; Some audiophool telling me what sounds good....I'll continue to listen to what I like and you can go back to looking at waveforms or whatever it is you do.

No one has told you what to listen to, or that you should not enjoy a product. If you think the likes of 30#1 Hits sounds great, then good for you.

But it technically does not represent good sound quality, and neither does Prince From Another Planet. One does not need a waveform to determine this.

Perhaps you rather prefer calling people names than studying the nuances of sound reproduction. Each to their own!


Are your assumptions based on 'studies' or your opinion?


Thanx.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:55 am

I bought the friendly thing , sounds good to me ....


All the "supposed" Audiophiles need to get out And live life a little more ....

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 am

minkahed wrote:I bought the friendly thing , sounds good to me ....


All the "supposed" Audiophiles need to get out And live life a little more ....

I bought it, too, sounds fine to me, although the original is still burned into my brain, so it takes awhile to get used to the sound (minus the overdubbed applause), and the longer setlist - which for me, aside from Steamroller, adds little to the show. I think RCA got it right the first time around in terms of pacing for a single album.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 am

Now, I loved the sound on the CD - but everybody's entitled to how they feel about it. We can strongly disagree, but even if our opinions are different, they generally come from the same place: a passion for this music. It's good to remember that when talking about this stuff and not attack each other over it - I even have to try and remind myself sometimes when it's hard to understand the other side.

I may feel that the FTD is useless to me, but given that others can't stand the new mix I'm happy both exist, as well as the original album. A full concert with the original mix (minus added applause) would have been cool too (and likely the overall favorite), but that may be a bit redundant.

So whatever your favorite is, enjoy it: I know I will. :)

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 am

My fave is the original LP edit. Overdubbed applause notwithstanding.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Tue May 06, 2014 1:55 am

I started this thread and here we are 53 pages later and I just bought it today. I have to say that I feel it is the best version. Some of the critics said that his vocals were buried and the backup singers were too loud. To me his voice is perfectly mixed in with the rest of the music and not at all buried. I will keep the other versions but this one will get played the most. Fun from beginning to end. You can crank this one up and let all of your neighbors enjoy it too. :D

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Thu May 08, 2014 5:48 am

L Ray wrote:To me his voice is perfectly mixed in with the rest of the music and not at all buried.
Same here. ::rocks

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Thu May 08, 2014 6:49 pm

I finally ordered it.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri May 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I also received it recently, had to wait until the Japanese edition came out. I have listened to it several times now and all I can say is I love it! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Front cover.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Back cover.

Image

Image

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri May 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I also received it recently, had to wait until the Japanese edition came out. I have listened to it several times now and all I can say is I love it! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Front cover.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Back cover.

Image

Image



Where can you order the japan version?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri May 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Johnny2523 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I also received it recently, had to wait until the Japanese edition came out. I have listened to it several times now and all I can say is I love it! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Front cover.

Image
Japan 2 cd set Legacy edition of Elvis-Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis. Back cover.

Image

Image



Where can you order the japan version?


That´s easy my friend :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-R ... 51bcc3de5a

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 pm

I finally got to hear this release a week ago.

I thought they did a very good job with the mix & master of the Memphis show. The only track that I thought the mix was questionable, was for "How Great Thou Art". For some reason, they mixed Elvis' vocal too low during the chorus, and the flute was also mixed too low.

Otherwise, I enjoyed listening to it.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I Just realised the 'patch-up' job on 'I Got A Woman/Amen' on the Legacy Edition is different to the 'patch-up' job on 'Forty Eight Hours To Memphis' FTD... yeah, I know, too much time on my hands, but hey, it's my day off!!