Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:52 pm

I bought this CD about 2 weeks ago, but didn't have time before this morning to listen to it. I really love it and I''m not surprised that it's getting good reviews from music critics who probably never heard it before. It's a very good concert.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:15 am

djmaciek wrote:American edition ..

:wink:


What's the difference between this edition and the European edition?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 pm

Indian edition, which reached me today. Selected details are different versions of it from the United States and EU.

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 am

just got my copy and i think they have got it right for a change really great :D

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm

I got my copy yesterday and was very surprised by the sound, GREAT RELEASE
PFAP should have been remixed and remastered by the Same people .

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm

retroaudio wrote:I got my copy yesterday and was very surprised by the sound, GREAT RELEASE
PFAP should have been remixed and remastered by the Same people .


I respectfully disagree.

PFAP sounds miles better than this release, I agree with the camp that say Elvis' vocal is buried.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 pm

retroaudio wrote:I got my copy yesterday and was very surprised by the sound, GREAT RELEASE
PFAP should have been remixed and remastered by the Same people .

Hey Retro, great to see you back buddy. What you been doing ?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:24 am

Am I crazy, but Is there Bass lacking a bit on this release? Overall I like the sound just lacking a little Bass.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 am

I bought my copy last week. I think it sounds great !

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 am

TINML wrote:PFAP sounds miles better than this release

Prince From Another Planet is quite possibly the worst sounding pro-recorded album put out at retail.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 am

Matthew wrote:
TINML wrote:PFAP sounds miles better than this release

Prince From Another Planet is quite possibly the worst sounding pro-recorded album put out at retail.

In general I would agree; but the vocal mix on this recent Live In Memphis album makes it one of the worst, if not the worst pro-recoreded Elvis album at retail.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:19 am

isn't it more a matter of taste than actual fact? A lot of people think they are the best releases around .....

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Sure, some people enjoy what is measurably bad sound quality, the likes of Prince From Another Planet, 30#1 Hits etc..

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 pm

ElvisLife wrote:Am I crazy, but Is there Bass lacking a bit on this release? Overall I like the sound just lacking a little Bass.


This has been discussed a few pages back.
Even a regular soundboard recording from 1974 (Sold Out) offer a better bass sound, including bass drum.

Together with a dry vocal the result is a thin sounding concert.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Don't forget the reverb and JD divebomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Hans wrote:isn't it more a matter of taste than actual fact? A lot of people think they are the best releases around .....

You "it is a matter of taste" guys really seem to miss the plot most of the time; it is a fact that Elvis' vocals are mixed down on this release. If you prefer and enjoy Elvis being mixed down and fighting for space with the instrumentation and backing vocalists, sure, that is a matter of personal taste.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:25 pm

But if the fact that Elvis' voice mixed down sounds better to the person listening to this release, it actually is a matter of taste. Right? Btw; I never had problems with the Ftd. It rocked the hell out of my cheap carspeakers, but I took it to a local bar where I live, and with the volume turned up it sounded like sh*t. Still one of my fav ftd releases.! It's just what one likes if you don't mind me putting it that way.

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:58 pm

...it seems to me that for everyone who likes it there is one that don`t (probably runs 50/50) and I bet Sony isn't losing any sleep over this, when it comes to Elvis releases - it`s impossible to please everybody, pretty sure that Ernst has made that statement in the past!! :wink:

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Matthew wrote:Sure, some people enjoy what is measurably bad sound quality, the likes of Prince From Another Planet, 30#1 Hits etc..


Right, just what I need; Some audiophool telling me what sounds good....I'll continue to listen to what I like and you can go back to looking at waveforms or whatever it is you do.

Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 pm

TINML wrote:Right, just what I need; Some audiophool telling me what sounds good....I'll continue to listen to what I like and you can go back to looking at waveforms or whatever it is you do.

No one has told you what to listen to, or that you should not enjoy a product. If you think the likes of 30#1 Hits sounds great, then good for you.

But it technically does not represent good sound quality, and neither does Prince From Another Planet. One does not need a waveform to determine this.

Perhaps you rather prefer calling people names than studying the nuances of sound reproduction. Each to their own!

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 pm

midnightx wrote:
Hans wrote:isn't it more a matter of taste than actual fact? A lot of people think they are the best releases around .....

You "it is a matter of taste" guys really seem to miss the plot most of the time; it is a fact that Elvis' vocals are mixed down on this release. If you prefer and enjoy Elvis being mixed down and fighting for space with the instrumentation and backing vocalists, sure, that is a matter of personal taste.


Oh Yes............Midnightx smt125 smt125 smt125 smt125 smt125 smt125 smt125

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 pm

I have the MSG Legacy Edition, but not PFAP. What are the objections to the mixing/mastering of the PFAP?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:59 pm

I would love to see the very people that detest the sound on this cd, have the opportunity to question it`s merits with the people directly involved with putting this product together with regards to the sound, yes a full fledged interview...it is then and only then that we will get to the real meat of this release, and I`m willing to bet there will be some surprising answers, if only we lived in a perfect world :wink:

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Matthew wrote:
TINML wrote:Right, just what I need; Some audiophool telling me what sounds good....I'll continue to listen to what I like and you can go back to looking at waveforms or whatever it is you do.

No one has told you what to listen to, or that you should not enjoy a product. If you think the likes of 30#1 Hits sounds great, then good for you.

But it technically does not represent good sound quality, and neither does Prince From Another Planet. One does not need a waveform to determine this.

Perhaps you rather prefer calling people names than studying the nuances of sound reproduction. Each to their own!


Are your assumptions based on 'studies' or your opinion?

Re: Legacy release coming of Elvis Live In Memphis

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 pm

The fighting that we do here is really ridiculous.