Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis at the Oklahoma City Auditorium 04/19/56 Unrelease

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 am

It'll take a year to wipe the smile off my face after seeing that footage.

FECC really needs a depository for footage that is more secure than Youtube so we don't lose this kind of stuff.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 am

Maybe Footage Collector will buy it and give us a 5 second gif to
watch for ever more?

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Beggars can't be choosers. Enjoy what we've got.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:FECC really needs a depository for footage that is more secure than Youtube so we don't lose this kind of stuff.

This will never happen becouse that kind of footage doesn't make money for EPE, so why bother? They only release Greatest Hits compilations and those make big money.
So i saved this footage in my archive, no need to wait a release from EPE.

PS: i read EPE instead FECC by mistake, sorry :oops: Yes, FECC can do a depositary for these footages and i'm sure this already happens.
Last edited by hilton22000 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 pm

hilton22000 wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:FECC really needs a depository for footage that is more secure than Youtube so we don't lose this kind of stuff.

This will never happen becouse that kind of footage doesn't make money for EPE, so why bother? They only release Greatest Hits compilations and those make big money.
So i saved this footage in my archive, no need to wait a release from EPE.

...and then, when EPE do use the footage for a documentary, they'll cut down to something ridiculously stupid like 6 seconds.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks for finding and post it here!!
It's great, the boy rocked!!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:It'll take a year to wipe the smile off my face after seeing that footage.

FECC really needs a depository for footage that is more secure than Youtube so we don't lose this kind of stuff.

I hope they do.......... :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Superb stuff . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrD-Z6g ... e=youtu.be

we need it without the watermark :-(

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Fantastic find Brian. brilliant footage - thanks so much for sharing.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Footage Collector wrote:
AVSP wrote:Superb stuff . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrD-Z6g ... e=youtu.be

we need it without the watermark :-(

... has anybody wondered why that footage is so overexposed, or washed out?

Does anybody believe the camera guy did not know how to handle the camera correctly, or did that happen while uploading on youtube?

I find that footage very interesting and I dont want to put it down, but here is a screen shot from a different source.
As you can see it is NOT overexposed, BUT I have never seen any Elvis footage which is in such a terrible condition, it has more scratches and specks on the celluloid than any other film I have seen and I have seen a lot.

Overexposed but "half way clean" looking Youtube version:

here from a different source, which has correct exposure and as a result with all the scratches and burnt in dirt:

Its a shame that the TV station did not look after their footage.

Nah, this is not a second source. It's the same picture as the top one, just photoshopped. You can see the faults from retouching the watermark in the second picture.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 pm

The second picture is exactly the first one, just photoshopped. No doubt about it.

On the other hand you are correct. The film shows quite some scratches and impact dots, whatever these dots may be.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Footage Collector wrote:
G.I. Blues wrote:The second picture is exactly the first one, just photoshopped. No doubt about it.

On the other hand you are correct. The film shows quite some scratches and impact dots, whatever these dots may be.

yeah you said it before, why is that so important to you, where it comes from and whether or not someone did something to it that you have to say it TWICE, while it is totally besides the point???

And yes, its about the condition of the film which is really bad, thank you.

Be thankful the damn thing has survived. It's not that bad quality...its still watchable and very nice to see.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Wow! That was quite amazing, very very nice - thanks for posting

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:00 pm

I ran it through AE if you guys want I will post the video, here is some screen caps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm speechless ...

That Elvis, in '56, WOW !!!

So handsome.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qw2C_xrZSE

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Elvis from 1956 wows us some 58 years later, I can't even imagine what he did for the kids back then!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:35 pm

::rocks

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 pm

This is soooo great! Thanks a million!

There should be more from other tv channels.

O.S. ::rocks

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 am

Fantastic footage, thanks for the link Brian

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:17 am

That's really fantastic! Thanks for posting.

Re: Elvis at the Oklahoma City Auditorium April 19th, 1956

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:The segment at 9:46-10:04 is definitely from "I Got A Woman" [you can clearly make out the "Oh yeah, we'll shes my baby..." line].
Plus, his movements are very similar to what he does on the Dorsey show performance of the same song.
Perhaps someone can sync this section up?

P.S. You can see his guitar string break at around the 10:00 mark.

Agreed my initial reaction before reading any posts here was that he's singing I Got a Woman.

What a great find by the way thanks for the share.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:INCREDIBLE!

And what a reserved audience! See - it wasn't ALWAYS wild in the early days!!

Beautiful find Brain - thank you immensely!

That's what I thought too.

Mind you had I been in the audience I can't imagine I would have been screaming like a little girl either haha. They all just seem like normal folk, it's clearly a young crowd and they are just on the whole sitting there enjoying watching him perform. It must have been quite spellbinding.

The problem with music concerts that are all seater is that live music is better enjoyed standing up. And usually with a couple of alcoholic beverages! You can let yourself go a bit more and have a dance and what have you.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Great black & white(16mm film) footage , which captures Elvis and the times perfectly , if this had been shot on colour film stock back then it would be now faded (turned pink/red) goes to show how black & white film stock stands the test of time - 57 years later.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

George Smith wrote:This is a thing of great beauty.

And it is also exactly the sort of footage the long-dreamed-of Elvis Anthology should contain.

I agree with that. Not that I believe we'll get a wonderful anthology anytime soon (or ever) but this kind of material should be used imo. Since there's no sound it could be shown while other people are interviewed or some old reports about the Presley show riots are played.
In the 90s there was an official video done for "Always on my mind" which used only (?) 50s footage like this. Haven't seen it in a long time and I couldn't find it online unfortunately. A collage like that would also be a nice idea