Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

NEW STAR DVD RELEASE - A NEW YEAR FOR ELVIS RE-release

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm

I just saw it at the website: http://stardvds.webs.com

It seems that STAR has started the year with a re-release of one of the best DVDs they ever edited only this time in a digipack edition.

I never had the chance to have it in dvd, only has a div-x ripped from the web (maybe from youtube). So for me Its a nice chance to have it with the artwork that deserves this amazing concert!

A NEW YEAR FOR ELVIS

NEW 2014 RELEASE!!!

Star kicks of this year, with a RE-release of one of the greatest concerts Elvis gave in the late seventies!
One of THE best STAR dvds is now available in DELUXE digipack

With THREE sources of the concert, to give you the best version of this show released so far, LOTS of Close ups, great edits!

This is Elvis at his best,Live from Pittsburgh, PA.

Tracks:

ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

C.C, RIDER

I GOT A WOMAN/AMEN

BIG BOSS MAN

FAIRYTALE

YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN

JAILHOUSE ROCK

IT'S NOW OR NEVER *

MY WAY *

FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY

AULD LANG SYNE

BLUE SUEDE SHOES

TRYING TO GET TO YOU

POLK SALAD ANNIE

FEVER *

HURT

ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT *

RECONSIDER BABY *

RAGS TO RICHES

CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE

* Songs are not complete

This is Elvis at his best,Live from Pittsburgh, PA.

Characteristics:

DVD Digipack Edition

DVDR

::rocks

Re: NEW STAR DVD RELEASE - A NEW YEAR FOR ELVIS RE-release

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 pm

I hold the belief that the late December 76 shows are among his most under appreciated.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Mmh... so "Rags To Riches" was filmed...?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:52 pm

JimmyCool wrote:Mmh... so "Rags To Riches" was filmed...?

There is this cool first or second ring footage from behind the stage...
Unchained melody was also shot

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Looks great but i would like to see the whole 90 min concert on dvd.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:02 pm

So its just re-release, Three sources of the concert, i have a least 6 good sources of this show so it dose not appeal to me, thanks for info :)

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 pm

This one is very well edited from the three sources with consistent sound from the FTD. It actually plays like a multi angle show. There are a few slow-mo bits and insert audience clips here and there where no footage exists but for once, these are quite minimal. The EXCELLENT Bob Heis footage forms the crux of the program with a couple of other angles used to add variation. The only bit I was let down with was the closing vamp. They didn't use the long angle footage of Elvis doing the karate routine and ran the credits instead. But that's only minor.

I recommend this one. It's very enjoyable and Elvis looks pretty good here too - the last time he ever looked this good in fact.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:This one is very well edited from the three sources with consistent sound from the FTD. It actually plays like a multi angle show. There are a few slow-mo bits and insert audience clips here and there where no footage exists but for once, these are quite minimal. The EXCELLENT Bob Heis footage forms the crux of the program with a couple of other angles used to add variation. The only bit I was let down with was the closing vamp. They didn't use the long angle footage of Elvis doing the karate routine and ran the credits instead. But that's only minor.

I recommend this one. It's very enjoyable and Elvis looks pretty good here too - the last time he ever looked this good in fact.

Sold! :smt001 I Already put my order at the website! seems to be released now

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 pm

carloselvis wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:This one is very well edited from the three sources with consistent sound from the FTD. It actually plays like a multi angle show. There are a few slow-mo bits and insert audience clips here and there where no footage exists but for once, these are quite minimal. The EXCELLENT Bob Heis footage forms the crux of the program with a couple of other angles used to add variation. The only bit I was let down with was the closing vamp. They didn't use the long angle footage of Elvis doing the karate routine and ran the credits instead. But that's only minor.

Sold! :smt001 I Already put my order at the website! seems to be released now

sold it to me too........lol

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Might have to get this myself i only have it on an old vcd

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 pm

keninlincs wrote:Might have to get this myself i only have it on an old vcd

The first release was a VCD? can you send us some pictures? :D

Thanks!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:00 am

Mine is on its way.
Too bad the closing theme footage was not included.
Bad move by star.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:09 am

joekro1977 wrote:I hold the belief that the late December 76 shows are among his most under appreciated.

You must be new to this forum because that couldn't be further from the truth. If anything the quality of these shows are greatly exaggerated by many fans here and IMO, do not reflect Elvis at his best, but merely Elvis at his best for 1976.
He is obviously under the influence of something during the Birmingham, Dallas and Pittsburgh shows... just not the depressants he became so fond of earlier that year.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:56 am

if they have transfered the original super 8 films i will pick this up if it's vhs dubbs then i will pass thank you

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Is this new DVD exactly same DVD as original? Any new improved angles, shots, sound, songs etc or exact same DVD?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:15 am

robbie wrote:So its just re-release, Three sources of the concert, i have a least 6 good sources of this show so it dose not appeal to me, thanks for info :)

Will you make us a DVD from your 6+ good sources, please?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 am

If you mean the super close-up film from 12-31-1976, that was made by the same guy who taped the show, super-fan John Herman.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:So its just re-release, Three sources of the concert, i have a least 6 good sources of this show so it dose not appeal to me, thanks for info :)

Will you make us a DVD from your 6+ good sources, please?

Well i couldn't state i would do that here could i :oops:

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:25 pm

So have 'Star' invested in any new footage, or is this just another re-hash? Also, if the sound is dubbed from the FTD release, does it contain the 'frying eggs' type interference found on that CD release?!

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Have this show on Vhs. Really dig the footage shot from behind the stage with unchained melody, rags to riches and can't help falling in love, closing vamp.

really cool to see how at the end he takes a karate pose like a tiger, throws a scarf from his shoulder into the audience and then shows some fighting moves on Ronnie's pounding drums and finally runs off stage..

Is that part included on this dvd?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:46 pm

I have this show on a DVD titled "Rockin' New Years Eve" runs 60 minutes I do believe, fantastic quality. It's also on the Crown Series 1976 Vol. 4. So don't feel the need to get this again. But for people who don't have it I'd get it, nice to see the later Elvis on stage having a blast and putting on a fine show.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 am

what about the backstage footage , is it included on the new dvd . watching our boy al strada wipe down elvis face with that towel is kinda sad , also the way elvis hit's that inhaler so hard makes you wonder , i hope it is better quality this time around . ::rocks

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:01 pm

This is what your getting

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:08 pm

carloselvis wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Might have to get this myself i only have it on an old vcd

The first release was a VCD? can you send us some pictures? :D

Thanks!

No,i mean i only have the concert on an old vcd not this version of it

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Robert wrote:Mine is on its way.
Too bad the closing theme footage was not included.
Bad move by star.

Robert - were you able to view this yet? Would like to read your thoughts on it.