Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Analogue Productions Stereo 57 SACD

Post by ritchie valens »

The masters on here sound better than they do on Complete masters set or any other cd source Analogue tape sources were used not digital copies as on all the hits collections rca/sony has done since the 1990s. The alternates sound better too.If only sony would use the analogue tapes instead of digital copies.

Matthew

Re: Analogue Productions Stereo 57 SACD

Post by Matthew »

ritchie valens wrote:The masters on here sound better than they do on Complete masters set or any other cd source Analogue tape sources were used not digital copies as on all the hits collections rca/sony has done since the 1990s. The alternates sound better too.If only sony would use the analogue tapes instead of digital copies.
In what way to they sound "better"?

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

In every way.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Mmmhmm. So no issue with the reported mastering fault on track 20 then?

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

Do explicate.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Have you not noticed anything then?

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

I haven't listened to it in years, and a tonnage of other information has crowded my mind in the interim.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Stereo '57 - Essential Elvis vol. 2 was released on CD in 1988. This thread is about the SACD re-issue from 2012. :wink:

It hasn't even been out a year yet. Owners have reported a mastering error on track 20.

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

Thanks for clearing that up.

Mastering error or not, I'm getting it.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Please follow this link, the pretty much sums it all :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76676&p=1180779&hilit=stereo+57+sacd#p1180779

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

Thanks, I read the thread.

I just played track 20 on the 1998 CD. No dropout during or at the end of Take My Hand Precious Lord.

Jeez I haven't listened to this CD in ages. Lovely dynamics throughout, warm and with presence.

Wouldn't you say the SACD is worth keeping for the other 19 songs, regardless of this flaw?

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Richard--W wrote:Thanks, I read the thread.

I just played track 20 on the 1998 CD. No dropout during or at the end of Take My Hand Precious Lord.

Jeez I haven't listened to this CD in ages. Lovely dynamics throughout, warm and with presence.

Wouldn't you say the SACD is worth keeping for the other 19 songs, regardless of this flaw?
The original Stereo ´57 cd is great, there is not a huge improvement on the new SACD but if you have spare money buy it :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

Analogue tapes to SACD is bound to sound better than digital files to CD. So how does the CD layer compare to the original CD? Probably fairly close as CD obliterates the advantages of analogue tapes over digital files.

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

Most people who can play SACD probably do so on a universal player, Bluray or something. And cheapo universal players are not going to sound as good as a high quality SACD/CD player or a high end Bluray like Oppo or Cambridge offered at around the $1200 price point. Your $150 Bluray player is not optimized for stereo audio playback.
Last edited by skatterbrane on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

Dupe

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by Marko »

The binaural recordings on the SACD release sound absolutely amazing. It's probably closest you'll ever get to feel what was it like being at the actual recording session. Of course you need quality stereo system to enjoy them in full. Hopefully someday Sony will bring us more SACD releases from Elvis catalogue in a similar way they have released classical music in Living Stereo series.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

I would be appropriate to have a Sony Complete Master box in SACD or Bluray, without the ERRORS (ex: Promised Land, You Don't Know Me) or wrong masters used here and there. (ex: I Want To Be Free)

Topic author
ritchie valens

Post by ritchie valens »

I put them into 3 track stereo it sounds even better.Sounds just like a album from 1960.

Marc

Post by Marc »

Marko wrote:The binaural recordings on the SACD release sound absolutely amazing. It's probably closest you'll ever get to feel what was it like being at the actual recording session. Of course you need quality stereo system to enjoy them in full. Hopefully someday Sony will bring us more SACD releases from Elvis catalogue in a similar way they have released classical music in Living Stereo series.
I completely agree. The quality is absolutely amazing for a 1957 recording. It seems they could have access to the original tape again because some songs sound different than the 1998 release. Listen to "i told you lately that i love you" take 12 & 13, it's so natural and clear. i think it's the best sacd release so far.

enjoy your day

Topic author
ritchie valens

Post by ritchie valens »

You should hear the mix i did into 3 track stereo.

Mike DK
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike DK »

ritchie valens wrote:You should hear the mix i did into 3 track stereo.
Is it possible for you to post a sample of this? Would love to hear it! :)

For those of you who have both the original cd release of this and the new SACD/Vinyl - how does the new one sound compared to the original release?

Marko

Post by Marko »

Mike DK wrote: For those of you who have both the original cd release of this and the new SACD/Vinyl - how does the new one sound compared to the original release?
If you have a SACD player and a decent sound system, the SACD blows the original CD out of the water. And the original release doesn't even sound bad to begin with.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Richard--W

Post by Richard--W »

Has anyone tried these other SACD releases:

King Creole
24 Karat Hits
Elvis Is Back!

How do they sound? compared to an FTD?

Marko

Post by Marko »

Richard--W wrote:Has anyone tried these other SACD releases:

King Creole
24 Karat Hits
Elvis Is Back!

Apart from King Creole all the SACD releases are very good. King Creole wasn't improved at all compared to Complete Masters set. EIB is excellent. 24 Karat sounds very good apart from the opening track Heartbreak Hotel.

Marc

Post by Marc »

Richard--W wrote:Has anyone tried these other SACD releases:

King Creole
24 Karat Hits
Elvis Is Back!

I would go for "Elvis is back" sacd even if compared to the FTD release the differences are to my ears very subtle.

As Marko already wrote, "King Creole" is a waste of money. The the sound of the FTD cd/book is Superior. The FTD team has done a tremendous job on this issue to get the best sound possible of these old tapes.

24 Karat Hits is ok. Whatever the reason, i don't like this set. The sound on the 50's tracks are not that great and for the remaining 60's songs i find the sound to warm.

enjoy your day