Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 pm

dennyelvis wrote:I have this import version

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... yworld.htm

great sound quality on it too .........

Yes, I almost bought that one, until I realized it was a bootleg. I was pretty excited for a few seconds. Much like the same reaction I had with C'mon Everybody.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I did a listen to the preview of the iTunes version of "Your Cheatin Heart" and couldn't the difference between the Welcome to My World version and my copy from the 1950s BMG Box Set (Disc 4.)

I'm curious - are all of the tracks on "Welcome to my World" alternate tracks? - I noted slight differences between the play times on songs like "Gentle on my mind" and "I really don't want to know" when compared to the original albums (Elvis Now, Elvis Country, etc.)

If so, I guess I'm going to have to pony up for this one too (lol)

I wonder if FTD will ever do a Classic Album release for it - maybe wait for that?

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:57 pm

DayVee Bee wrote:The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3)...

No, the original unrepaired [Burton solo] / unedited [original ending] alternate master of "Make The World Go Away" appeared on the 1992 WTMW CD [see rip below].

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/81779609/file.html

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Their are a couple of good alternates on 'welcome to my world' as well as different 'mixes' i first heard this LP in 1978 and its THE Album that got me into Elvis, a brilliant release and a success for a desperate RCA at the time~!.....also Elvis started singing a few songs that tied in with the songs on this Album during his last 'live' tours~! :D

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 pm

When I was in high school in the 70s, we had a study hall period supervised by one of the coolest teachers I ever had. He would bring in a record player for the hour from the library and anyone could bring in a record to play during that period. Now, it was NOT cool to like Elvis back then (has it ever been since 1963?) and I got a LOT of ridicule for being a fan. But, as you may imagine, several kids brought in albums every day, and only one or two could be played during that hour so the final say went to the teacher. He always chose me whenever I brought in Elvis. Of course I was smart enough not to bring Elvis in every day! But whenever I did, he would play it.

Well, he LOVED the Elvis Country LP and Make The World Go Away was his obvious favorite. He often would lift the needle and pay it several times.

I later learned his wife had health issues and their marriage was not in the best condition. I imagine the song meant something very personal to him....remembering the early part of his relationship.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:01 pm

I have the disc and play it quite often..got it from e-bay..for a nice price--although there were
offers from 200 bucks onwards.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm seeing copies on half.com for $5...where the hell are these crazy prices coming from?

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
DayVee Bee wrote:The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3)...

No, the original unrepaired [Burton solo] / unedited [original ending] alternate master of "Make The World Go Away" appeared on the 1992 WTMW CD [see rip below].

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/81779609/file.html

Thanks for the clarification.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:05 am

joekro1977 wrote:I'm seeing copies on half.com for $5...where the hell are these crazy prices coming from?

I have noticed individual discs from this set being sold as well.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 am

joekro1977 wrote:I'm seeing copies on half.com for $5...where the hell are these crazy prices coming from?

Condition is everything. Who wants a "good" or "acceptable" copy?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 am

Your Cheatin' Heart (#9) [2:44]
Your Cheatin' Heart (M#10) [2:26] :) :smt006

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:28 am

If u have SPOTIFY the new remastered copy is on there, plus they are the 2009 remasters, sound great too ...

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:41 am

Yes 'your cheating heart'- always seemed to me to be the ONLY 'dated' track on this cd... the rest played smoothly and seemed VERY 70's!~ :D

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 am

listened to it again from CD twice this morning.Still think the compilation is 'just brilliant'...Elvis sometimes sang 3 of the tracks 'live' in 1977 and on some tracks like 'release me' it sounds quite 'echoey' on this disc!...pity its running time was only 28 minutes! :( still a fav of mine and good to hear the majic compilation again today!~ :D

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 am

Well, I've ordered the 20 original albums boxset on the strength of this here discussion, just to get my greasy paws on the 'new' remaster of WTMW and Elvis For Everyone.
Yes, I really have.
Honestly.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 am

When In Rome wrote:Well, I've ordered the 20 original albums boxset on the strength of this here discussion, just to get my greasy paws on the 'new' remaster of WTMW and Elvis For Everyone.
Yes, I really have.
Honestly.

don't blame you at all.... like i bought the ORIGINAL Girl Happy FTD in 2003...... but not the upgraded re-release.....hopefully the 20 box set of movie soundtracks will have original Girl Happy LP sounding 'ok' :wtf:

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm

dennyelvis wrote:If u have SPOTIFY the new remastered copy is on there, plus they are the 2009 remasters, sound great too ...

As I have discussed on another thread, the WTMW cd on 20cd albums box seems to be a remaster of the album 2-track masters, not taken from the CM box set. Hence, it features not only the alternate Make The World Go Away, but the 1977 (re)mixes, and not the original mixes feastured on the CM box set. It even features the "electronically reprocessed stereo" version of Your Cheatin' Heart, like the 1977 album. So it's a one of a kind release.

Elvis For Everyone is also rare, because along 2009 remasters it uses the For The Asking (same as complete 60's masters) mixes of the 63-64 material, and not the (also remixes) of that material as found on CM. All those sessions (63-64) were remixed for the CM set because the original masters were spread on number of different albums with different choices of mixes and masterings, so they went from scratch to achieve an homogenic sound picture.

Strangely, the original mixes of many Nashville 63 masters are to be found on the 20 soundtracks box.....

Weird enough? :wink:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:05 pm

The "Welcome To My World" cd has actually pretty great sonic quality and this is a fine Lp released in '77.

The only major drawback is that oddball, "Your Cheatin' Heart" which almost closes out Side 2.

And that horrendous drawing cover !!! With all the gorgeous Elvis pictures available, they use an ugly drawing !!! UGH !

I mean, seriously, some shmo at RCA couldn't pick out a more recent studio Elvis cut to include, but instead chose to dig back to 1958 for
1970's country themed album. Go Figure.

Other than that, it's still a nice Lp.