Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Hello, does anyone have the original Welcome To My World CD from 1992? I understand it as the alternate take of Your Cheatin' Heart (the one on the EP collection Vol 2) Can anyone confirm this? I know the original LP had the master take 10, but I guess the first CD had take 9.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:46 pm

I have it and it features the alternate take


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Was this error corrected when they included this album on the 20 CD Original Albums box set?


Image

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Was this error corrected when they included this album on the 20 CD Original Albums box set?


Image


i don't think it was an error.. but done on purpose. The Alternate take is better in my opinion

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Was this error corrected when they included this album on the 20 CD Original Albums box set?


Image

Yes, on that box it is master take 10. But it is definitely NOT the 2007 "life time master" it is an earlier mastering of this track.

Another question: Does the 1992 CD have take 2 of Make The World Go Away? And WHY isn't that take on the FTD Elvis Country?

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Per Keith Flynn regarding "Make The World Go Away" -->

There are strange goings on with Make The World Go Away. Take 2 is cut from the tape reel, and all that is left is the count-in before, and dialogue after Take 2. Take 1 is also on the reel, along with the Undubbed Spliced Master, which is Take 3 spliced with the Work Part ending. The actual unedited Take 3 (but with overdubs) can be found on 'Welcome To My World' and more recently on the bootleg "Unedited Masters - Nashville 1970" along with the overdub of Workpart Take 1.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:28 pm

That's it, I am going to have to buy a copy of the 1992 CD!! I want to compare it song by song to the one on the 20 CD box.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:32 pm

skatterbrane wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:Was this error corrected when they included this album on the 20 CD Original Albums box set?


Image

Yes, on that box it is master take 10. But it is definitely NOT the 2007 "life time master" it is an earlier mastering of this track.

Another question: Does the 1992 CD have take 2 of Make The World Go Away? And WHY isn't that take on the FTD Elvis Country?


Yes but overdubbed. Is like the master until the dobro solo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 pm

I think you will find there is no complete take of "Make the world go away" except take 3.
The master is take 3 spliced with a work-part.
Take 3 was used on "Welcome to my world" LP (in error?) without the work-part. (Venus Unedited Masters has this version with the work-part following on separately)
The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3), but did use alternate take 9 of "Your cheatin' heart." Now the new CD (20-CD box) has the master take 10 of "Your cheatin' heart!"
Keith's site lists all the recording details :) if you want to check it out XX

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 pm

DayVee Bee wrote:I think you will find there is no complete take of "Make the world go away" except take 3.
The master is take 3 spliced with a work-part.
Take 3 was used on "Welcome to my world" LP (in error?) without the work-part. (Venus Unedited Masters has this version with the work-part following on separately)
The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3), but did use alternate take 9 of "Your cheatin' heart." Now the new CD (20-CD box) has the master take 10 of "Your cheatin' heart!"
Keith's site lists all the recording details :) if you want to check it out XX

Keith's site also mistakenly states that the Elvis For Everyone master is from 1995. It is NOT. The Elvis For Everyone masters are all or at least the majority are the 2007 masters.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 pm

So the unedited take 3 (with overdub) is NOT on the 1992 CD? I didn't know that. So that means that TWO tracks were replaced on the 1992 CD of "Welcome To My World".

So now I wonder if this has been corrected on the 20 original album box set.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:35 pm

skatterbrane wrote:
DayVee Bee wrote:I think you will find there is no complete take of "Make the world go away" except take 3.
The master is take 3 spliced with a work-part.
Take 3 was used on "Welcome to my world" LP (in error?) without the work-part. (Venus Unedited Masters has this version with the work-part following on separately)
The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3), but did use alternate take 9 of "Your cheatin' heart." Now the new CD (20-CD box) has the master take 10 of "Your cheatin' heart!"
Keith's site lists all the recording details :) if you want to check it out XX

Keith's site also mistakenly states that the Elvis For Everyone master is from 1995. It is NOT. The Elvis For Everyone masters are all or at least the majority are the 2007 masters.

Where do I state that it's the 1995 'Elvis For Everyone' CD master? I clearly show that the 20xCD set contains the 2007 "Newly Remastered" tracks - also stating that the last time 'Elvis For Everyone' was released on CD was in 1995.

Discography-20 CD Box-Set-2012.jpg


'Tomorrow Night' on 'Elvis For Everyone' from this set also contains the full intro where on the 'Franklin Mint' and 'The Complete Masters' sets the intro was clipped
Discography-Franklin Mint Box-Set-2009.jpg

Discography-The Complete Masters Box-Set-2010.jpg


Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:03 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:So the unedited take 3 (with overdub) is NOT on the 1992 CD? I didn't know that. So that means that TWO tracks were replaced on the 1992 CD of "Welcome To My World".

So now I wonder if this has been corrected on the 20 original album box set.

It's the overdubbed Take 3 of 'Make The World Go Away' and not the spliced master, on the 20xCD box

Keith

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:58 pm

The 20 Box set has the unspliced ending (dubbed) of Make The World Go Away, like the original LP had. So, it seems that the entire CD has the original LP masters of Welcome To My World in this box set. The Box set edition is true to the LP and not the 1992 CD version.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:03 am

Thank you Keith & skatterbrane.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:44 am

Keith wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:
DayVee Bee wrote:I think you will find there is no complete take of "Make the world go away" except take 3.
The master is take 3 spliced with a work-part.
Take 3 was used on "Welcome to my world" LP (in error?) without the work-part. (Venus Unedited Masters has this version with the work-part following on separately)
The 1992 CD used the "corrected" spliced master of "Make the world go away" (not take 3), but did use alternate take 9 of "Your cheatin' heart." Now the new CD (20-CD box) has the master take 10 of "Your cheatin' heart!"
Keith's site lists all the recording details :) if you want to check it out XX

Keith's site also mistakenly states that the Elvis For Everyone master is from 1995. It is NOT. The Elvis For Everyone masters are all or at least the majority are the 2007 masters.

Where do I state that it's the 1995 'Elvis For Everyone' CD master? I clearly show that the 20xCD set contains the 2007 "Newly Remastered" tracks - also stating that the last time 'Elvis For Everyone' was released on CD was in 1995.

Discography-20 CD Box-Set-2012.jpg


'Tomorrow Night' on 'Elvis For Everyone' from this set also contains the full intro where on the 'Franklin Mint' and 'The Complete Masters' sets the intro was clipped
Discography-Franklin Mint Box-Set-2009.jpg

Discography-The Complete Masters Box-Set-2010.jpg


Keith

]
Sorry. I LOVE your site, by the way. I only noticed it recently. Very, very helpful and a LOT of work went into it! One thing of note, the introduction of Tomorrow Night, I do not think it is a piano, but rather a guitar.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:57 am

So what does I Want To Be Free (2010-11) mean? I find that ever since the 50s boxed set, they have used the incorrect non-spliced master, and not the spliced master found on the original EP, and on the Essential Elvis Vol 1 CD (and on the FTD Jailhouse Rock)

As for Tomorrow Night, both the 1990 and the 1995 version of Elvis For Everyone has the normal speed and not the slowed down speed as found on the 20 CD box set version of Elvis For Everyone. (also used on A Boy From Tupelo, and the original LP)

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Was this error corrected when they included this album on the 20 CD Original Albums box set?


Image


I bought that box set just for the Welcome to my world album, I didn't have that album on CD. I like the album, it as a nice mix of songs on it.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:45 pm

skatterbrane wrote:So what does I Want To Be Free (2010-11) mean? I find that ever since the 50s boxed set, they have used the incorrect non-spliced master, and not the spliced master found on the original EP, and on the Essential Elvis Vol 1 CD (and on the FTD Jailhouse Rock)

It means "Take 11" of production number "2010" from the May 3rd 1957 recording session - This is listed as "RCA Alternate Master", but for some reason it's the master used on the definitive "Complete Masters" box-set, as well as other releases.

The original "Spliced Master" found on the 1957 EP (and FTD's "Jailhouse Rock Volumes 1 & 2") is spliced from this take (2010-11) and "Take 5" of production number "2012" (2012-05).

Keith

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 am

This CD is getting rarer and more expensive to buy.... i just paid us$30 FOR A COPY!~ :D

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:18 am

Yes, I just paid almost that for a sealed copy.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:21 pm

I have this import version

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/W ... yworld.htm

great sound quality on it too .........

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Now I'm curious - there is a "Welcome To My World" album available for purchase on iTunes - but it does not indicate Alternate Take 10, 9 or anything else for that matter on any of the 10 tracks.

Has anybody got any insight on what this release might consist of?

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Man I have no idea, I have never, and will never buy from iTunes. But what little I know about Elvis iTunes stuff is that they tend to use the most recent masters. I would not expect Welcome To My World to sound like or contain the same masters as either the 1992 CD or the 20 CD box version, but rather the 2007 masters.

Re: 1992 Welcome To My World CD

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 pm

joekro1977 wrote:Now I'm curious - there is a "Welcome To My World" album available for purchase on iTunes - but it does not indicate Alternate Take 10, 9 or anything else for that matter on any of the 10 tracks.

Has anybody got any insight on what this release might consist of?


Does it give you the option to play a preview of the tracks? If so, you should be able to hear if it's the alternate take of "Your Cheatin' Heart".