Elvis 69 3 CD Box from Gravel Road

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

YDKM
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Elvis 69 3 CD Box from Gravel Road

Post by YDKM »

sure i'll buy it once someone convinces me its worthwhile spending top $ on!!!! :?

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

memfisking
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by memfisking »

The Pirate wrote: It's 22 minutes of 'noodling', is what it is. If anyone buys the set for this part of the audio then they're going to be disappointed, and the best way to look at it is there was some free space on the disc and they filled it up. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks for clearing that up.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
memfisking wrote:
The Pirate wrote: It's 22 minutes of 'noodling', is what it is. If anyone buys the set for this part of the audio then they're going to be disappointed, and the best way to look at it is there was some free space on the disc and they filled it up. Nothing more, nothing less.
+1 ::rocks. As stated before this is just for the packing that´s what this label do, nothing more, nothing less :smt005.

R.I.P Gravel Road! smt202. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
YDKM wrote:Thanks Pirate at least you have confirmed their is NO interest in the 22 minutes of Noodling... do you even able to distinguish if you can make out Roy Hamilton anywhere at all?? :?
It's the American Sound band "noodling." That's some heavy sh.it right there.
It's of historic interest, but the second time the disc gets played I'm betting that 99.9% of listeners are going to reach across and hit the stop button.
Even if it's Roy Hamilton?
If it is, and I'm not qualified to say either way, then in any case he doesn't start singing until the final two minutes. Unless I dozed off and woke up again at the twenty minute mark.

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Hey, I even listened once to the complete "Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are)" rehearsal as found on the Cool Romeo's Unsurpassed Masters box! :D

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

I agree with pirate, come out come out with roy hamilton is not very interesting.. i just reseived it. but the artwork is stunning so far.. will listen to the rest of the contents later

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by TCB-FAN »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
YDKM wrote:so still ZERO CONFIRMATION OF ANY INTEREST ON 22 MINUTES OF NOODLING!....sounds like i'll stay not bother about this then :|
You will regret not getting this noodling session.

There are other ways to noodle without spending a fortune on this set. I can teach you.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

andyj

Post by andyj »

This is a terrific release if only it was released a decade or so ago, before everything was made available else where. a good package well presented just does not justify the price.
maybe this will teach Gravelroads to think about future releases. Now more and more are keeping hard earned cash in the pocket instead of supporting a rip off merchant that releases nothing new (sorry Doc I for got the little segments of burps farts and instrumental clips that were originally edited out for listening pleasure, something you have supported both on bootleg and FTD many times, but strange but true not for Gravelroads your bed partner). even the Come out Come Out instrumental on this release is edited by around ten minutes?

Yes it looks nice, but so does a lot of things, don't make me want to buy then just because it looks pretty with an extortionate price tag. I'll sit back and watch and listen to see how people pick this up for a few $$ in the bargain bin of bootlegs because it isn't selling.

Greed is a sad pathetic thing. £45 - £50 is pure and utter greed nothing more, I just wish the likes of Ernst and Sony, grew a pair and stamped out this kind of BOOT, bootlegger.
after all they know where he lives :wink:

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

andyj wrote:This is a terrific release if only it was released a decade or so ago, before everything was made available else where. a good package well presented just does not justify the price.
maybe this will teach Gravelroads to think about future releases. Now more and more are keeping hard earned cash in the pocket instead of supporting a rip off merchant that releases nothing new (sorry Doc I for got the little segments of burps farts and instrumental clips that were originally edited out for listening pleasure, something you have supported both on bootleg and FTD many times, but strange but true not for Gravelroads your bed partner). even the Come out Come Out instrumental on this release is edited by around ten minutes?

Yes it looks nice, but so does a lot of things, don't make me want to buy then just because it looks pretty with an extortionate price tag. I'll sit back and watch and listen to see how people pick this up for a few $$ in the bargain bin of bootlegs because it isn't selling.

Greed is a sad pathetic thing. £45 - £50 is pure and utter greed nothing more, I just wish the likes of Ernst and Sony, grew a pair and stamped out this kind of BOOT, bootlegger.
38£ in my case

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

If they would have included the August 3rd 1969 show in this package instead of 2 cds of the same concert. I would have been interested, but had to pass on this. I agree it does look very nicely put together.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
memfisking wrote:
+1 ::rocks. As stated before this is just for the packing that´s what this label do, nothing more, nothing less :smt005.

It's unfortunate that's once upon a time you were a valued contributor to this forum... now you seem to have some beef with John you just can't get past... why all the hostility Mike? :(

memfisking
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by memfisking »

elvis-fan wrote:
memfisking wrote:

It's unfortunate that's once upon a time you were a valued contributor to this forum... :(
He still is. You can either stand up for ones self or be a sycophant. He chose the former.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

andyj

Post by andyj »

Johnny2523 wrote:
andyj wrote:This is a terrific release if only it was released a decade or so ago, before everything was made available else where. a good package well presented just does not justify the price.

38£ in my case
Still £25.00 too much :wink: :oops:

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

elvis-fan wrote:
memfisking wrote:

It's unfortunate that's once upon a time you were a valued contributor to this forum... now you seem to have some beef with John you just can't get past... why all the hostility Mike? :(
I´m still a contributor to this forum, just look at my original topics, recently "Kissin´Cousin FTD release!" :shock:. It is just that I don´t belong to the group that think that the Doc is God! :facep:. He is not and he has been proved that he makes many mistakes and never admits he is wrong. Beside this it looks like he can´t stand me :cry:. That´s it!. Bye for now :smt006.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

elvis-fan wrote:
memfisking wrote:

I´m still a contributor to this forum, just look at my original topics, recently "Kissin´Cousin FTD release!" :shock:. It is just that I don´t belong to the group that think that the Doc is God! :facep:. He is not and he has been proved that he makes many mistakes and never admits he is wrong. Beside this it looks like he can´t stand me :cry:. That´s it!. Bye for now :smt006.
Thanks for that Mike... all I would add is why let this bother you? For the record, I don't think John is a god, but I do believe he's a valued contributor to this forum just as I think you are... and I've enjoyed many of your posts...

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

elvis-fan wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
memfisking wrote:

Thanks for that Mike... all I would add is why let this bother you? For the record, I don't think John is a god, but I do believe he's a valued contributor to this forum just as I think you are... and I've enjoyed many of your posts...
It only bothers me when it is a personal thing and I think it is. I always open and finish my post in a friendly manner and that has been proved many times since I started posting on this messageboard :wink:.

Thank you for the compliments ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Mike Windgren wrote:Beside this it looks like he can´t stand me
Heaven knows why that would be, with your incessant trolling of thread after thread after thread. If one habitually acts 'like a 'Richard', one can't really complain about people "not standing them", can they now?

Bye for now! :smt006

Mr Whopitt

Post by Mr Whopitt »

Gravel have put out some GREAT releases in the past , but this one is a step too far and way too expensive.
If I want to buy something just for the packaging I would buy a Memphis Recording Service release instead.
I'm giving this one a miss :sosorry:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Matthew wrote:
Heaven knows why that would be, with your incessant trolling of thread after thread after thread. If one habitually acts 'like a 'Richard', one can't really complain about people "not standing them", can they now?

Bingo.

The only problem I have is his problem with me.

I have tried reason, we all see the result.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Bingo.

The only problem I have is his problem with me.

I have tried reason, we all see the result.
smt173. Bye for now :smt006.

voldto
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by voldto »

so nothing new or improved on this set compared to the older boots and multitracks?

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

voldto wrote:so nothing new or improved on this set compared to the older boots and multitracks?
Apparently there is both audio improvement and some unreleased material. Scroll back to page 1, read past all the nattering nabobs of negativism, and you'll find some good information.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

For CD 1 i decided not to do a review.. because i think its best when everybody else decides for themselfs.. The undubbed repaired masters.. so i made a track with excerpts of every song so you can all decide for yourself :). enjoy

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/57459124/file.html

I will do the same for CD2 so you can all hear how it sounds.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Okay so here are the excerpts of CD 2: Multi-track.
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/8446350/file.html

Enjoy

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Okay so here are the excerpts of CD 3 - the unprocessed soundboard + the roy hamilton bit.
This is a bit dissapointing to me, as the quality is great on CD 1 and CD 2.. this is not so very good. There are some dropouts hearable (or tape scratches), and the sound is not that good.. Its okay but.. in this case i rather Hear Drowned in Sound or Here I Go Again (if i wanna hear the soundboard that is).

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/62564048/file.html