Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

NEW FTD ACAPULCO SOUNDTRACK

Sun May 11, 2003 12:34 am

I haven't heard the new CD yet but I am curious as to the unreleased takes. On Silver Screen Stereo and Elvis In Hollywood there were takes of Bullfighter and Mexico that had a really loose and upbeat Elvis. Just wondering if there are any other standout takes on this new set as this is one of my favourite soundtracks.

Thanks

Stan

Fabulous Fun in Acapulco

Mon May 12, 2003 10:03 am

It's a great CD.

My new favourites are a couple of the 'first takes' - "I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here" Tk1 and "Mexico" Tk1,2 .
They have a real "acoustic guitar" shuffle to them, like a rough run through kind of feel. Just sound great & v different to the final versions.

Even better when I know I'm going to be in Mexico-O on holiday in 2 1/2 weeks time!

Life is sweet

Cheers, Piers
"Life begins when you're in Mexico!"

Fun In Acapulco FTD soundtrack

Mon May 12, 2003 1:04 pm

I think all the new FTD soundtrack cd's are great!
And especially Fun in Acapulco!

Have always had a soft spot for the songs featured in this film, and with all the outtakes and bonus songs added, this cd is almost perfect! :D

Mon May 12, 2003 3:40 pm

I personally like the Bossa nova baby and Guadalajara outtakes, but
I wonder what the sales figure's for these 3 soundtracks are like to date, if judgment from this board is anything to go as there certainly getting the thumbs up I would have thought there selling quite well.

Garry