Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New release: The Perfect Gift seems great !

Sun May 11, 2003 12:29 am

I saw the tracklisting of this new release (set for May 13). This seems to have been a wonderful concert, with a very unusual tracklisting.

I was able to hear one track of this release and the sound quality surprised me. It is advertised as "far above average" and that really is true for the track I've heard.

Can't wait to get this one !!

Sun May 11, 2003 2:01 am

Dick,

this is indeed a good show. Elvis is in great mood and gives a good performance. this show was already released on boot, which had also great sound. As far as I know the original Rick Rennie tape was used for this new version of it and the sound is indeed a noth better than the aforemetioned boot.

Regards,
Stefan

Sun May 11, 2003 5:02 am

They are talking about that CD detailed below. We didn't mention this in our " Import News " because as a rule we exclude the CD-Rs.

Set for release on May 13 (Exactly 30 years after this actual event) on the Triangle label comes Elvis' special 3 am show as recorded on Mother's Day, May 13, 1973 at the High Sierra Theatre in Del Webb's Sahara Hotel, Stateline, Nevada. This release is a factory made CDR.

Although it's an audience recording, the sound is good and far above average. Help Me Make It Through The Night, Steamroller Blues, Bridge Over Troubled Water (with reprise), My Way and a very rare version of Faded Love are among the highlights of this show. Elvis is not very talkative but it seems he is in a pretty good mood and delivers a very good show. Ernst Jorgensen has announced that this show will be released on the Follow That Dream label too.

The track listing
See see rider - I got a woman/Amen-Help me make it through the night - Steamroller blues - You gave me a mountain - Love me - Blue suede shoes - Long tall sally/Whole lotta shakin' going on/Mama don't dance/Shake,rattle and roll/Whole lotta shakin' going on - My way - Hound dog - What now my love - Suspicious minds - I'll remember you - I can't stop loving you - Bridge over troubled water - Funny how time slips away - It's over - Release me - faded love - Can't help falling in Love - Closing Vamp - Space 2001 - Announcement

FECC Team

WASTE OF MONEY

Sun May 11, 2003 1:57 pm

Don't bother with this as;
A). It's already been out on bootleg, and
B). The FTD label will release this show at some point, from the soundboard tape; a sample of "Faded love" already exists on an "Elvis today" CD sampler.

Sun May 11, 2003 4:46 pm

administrator wrote:This release is a factory made CDR

Ehh... what's a factory made CDR?

Sun May 11, 2003 4:49 pm

Usually those CD-Rs are silver and done in larger quantity, yet there are CD-Rs.

FECC Team

Does anyone have a copy of this concert?

Sun May 11, 2003 7:17 pm

Dear all,

I want to ask which Import CD are you refer to this concert?
As you said that it's a CDR copy, can anyone sell a copy to me? You can contact me at almostinlove@elvis.com
Will FTD release this concert later? Any information about the release?

Sun May 11, 2003 7:28 pm

Is this the same concert as"Live in Lake Tahoe" by PEAFF ,released years ago?
This is a good show but the speed is too fast,some tracks are incomplete also.
When i listen too the sample of Keith and Kenny(thanks for sharing,guys!!)it sounds pretty impressive,and hope that it will continue during the whole show.
Is there any release date on it?

Thanks in advance,

Sun May 11, 2003 7:32 pm

Here is the cover and disc scan of the cd that i used on my bootleg version of "Faded Love" on my site.

Sun May 11, 2003 10:19 pm

I've just heard that at the end of the concert, the band starts again with the 2001 theme :?:

Can anyone confirm this.

Can't wait to get this one

Sun May 11, 2003 10:24 pm

That is true, see the back cover of the covers i posted

Sun May 11, 2003 10:38 pm

I'll wait for the FTD version from the soundboard personally.

Thu May 15, 2003 1:31 pm

Is the soundquality of "The Perfect Gift" better or the same as the concert that you have for download on your site?

Thu May 15, 2003 6:35 pm

Hi Albert, the sound are much better on "A Perfect Gift", i have up one song from that cd on my site.

"factory made cd-R"

Thu May 15, 2003 7:57 pm

I'm assuming a "factory made CD-R" would also have a silkscreened top, as opposed to the title written in Sharpie Pen!

Fri May 16, 2003 4:38 am

Hi,

This is the reply to KennyElvis.
Your cover and the disc of Faded Love is great, can you sell me a copy? How's the sound quality? Please reply me at almostinlove@elvis.com

Fri May 16, 2003 6:14 am

And blast us as well.

I'll stay polite but let's say you know what I think.

FECC Team

Fri May 16, 2003 6:19 am

I'll wait for the FTD version from the soundboard personally.

DITO.

Fri May 16, 2003 6:21 am

ClintReno wrote:I'll wait for the FTD version from the soundboard personally.

Me to.
8)

Fri May 16, 2003 7:30 am

I will bay the FTD version to, but i am collecting bootleg cd`s so i must have them all.

Fri May 16, 2003 4:25 pm

Kennyelvis wrote:I will bay the FTD version to, but i am collecting bootleg cd`s so i must have them all.

Same here :D

And we don't know for certain when (or IF) this show will be released by FTD. So in the meantime, I can enjoy "The Perfect Gift"

Sat May 17, 2003 3:15 pm

Just received my copy of 'The Perfect Gift'on Triangle records. Well to be honest, I love it !!!! Fantastic artwork (FTD could learn something here !) and a great sounding show. Much better than all previous releases of this Mothers Day show. Pick up a copy if you can find it, it's worth the money [/b]

Sat May 17, 2003 3:22 pm

Kennyelvis wrote:I will bay the FTD version to, but i am collecting bootleg cd`s so i must have them all.

It got to expensive for me to collect everything, I have to settle for FTD
and official stuff for now.
Boots were hard to come by here, and the Aussie dollar hasn't made it worthwhile sending overseas to order for quite a while now.

But if I could I'd buy it all as well Kenny :D

It really is a perfect gift

Wed May 21, 2003 2:07 pm

I've also just received "The Perfect Gift".... it's awesome! The artwork is really, really good (lots of other labels can take an example out of this one), the show is outstanding and the sound is amazing for an audience recording! Just as Red-West says: it gives you a real 'feeling of being there'. It's one of the best audience-recordings that I know :)

Great work Triangle!