Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

JerryNodak wrote:There's a corrected version coming from SONY without the mistakes? Has this been confirmed or this just rumor?

If true, I will sell my box with the mistakes and buy the corrected one :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

They wouldn't justify the cost of correcting mistakes~! still i played SPINOUT CD today and thoroughly enjoyed it!~

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:33 pm

JerryNodak wrote:There's a corrected version coming from SONY without the mistakes? Has this been confirmed or this just rumor?

It doesn't even qualify as a rumor, just an idea. The idea sprung from this very thread. That's what happens when people like us have too much time on our hands.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:57 pm

This product contains a huge amount of errors !

Are described in detail here:

http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/t/ ... -eu14.html

Shame and red card (another) SONY LEGACY :evil:

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:08 pm

djmaciek wrote:Image

This product contains a huge amount of errors !

Are described in detail here:

http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/t/ ... -eu14.html

Shame and red card (another) SONY LEGACY :evil:

Thanks for posting.

It's 'disappointing' seeing this many errors.

Mine was already shipped and expecting it… Any Day Now.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 pm

As long as you use the booklet for tracklisting info, the errors are minimal and aside from the original distorted album master of 'Blue River' the rest of the CD's have optimal sound for the original masters. On the whole its not really all that bad! And we get 'Kissin' Cousins' and 'Speedway' on their CD debut! What more could one ask? :grin:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 am

Their are not to many errors only about 4 and i played the kissin cousins cd this morning. Apart from BLUE RIVER sound IS GOOD!~
a nice 'affordable collection' and i surprised myself how often i keep dipping back into it and pull out more sound tracks to play maybe biggest drawback is when we are now used to much longer running times we go back here to original albums only having a 20-30 minute running time in total VERY SHORT!~

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:31 am

Do you think Harum Scarum, Frankie And Johnny or Girl Happy would be better if they were 40-50 minutes long? :lol:

Reminds me of the Woody Allen joke, "the food is terrible here and it is served in such small portions."

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 am

The errors are disappointing, but at £1.50 a disc, I guess this is something we have to half expect. Considering similar errors occur in FTD product as they are £15-20 a disc, the moaning about this box does seem a little out of proportion - although errors simply shouldn't occur. I've got three of the other boxes in the series (all jazz) and have found just 1 error out of the three of them. So, quite why Elvis gets the sloppy treatment, I'm not sure!

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 am

Spelling mistakes, even a song or two out of order I can understand... but not matching the songs listed on the cover with the ones on the CD seems a little sloppy to me. Its seems they are becoming less and less aware of the people that buy these products... :(

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 am

Brad it's obviously a complete 'budget' package and put out for minimal cost., just a box of the CD's for Brian Quinn's liner notes and so on hardly any type of quality control~! :?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm

YDKM wrote:Brad it's obviously a complete 'budget' package and put out for minimal cost., just a box of the CD's for Brian Quinn's liner notes and so on hardly any type of quality control~! :?

But the issue is why these mistakes don't happen with other entries in the series.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm

The product having in the word "PERFECT" ("The Perfect Elvis Presley Soundtrack Collection") should this be, and it is not. All are described on the page http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/t/ ... -eu14.html in my opinion disqualify him as a full-fledged release. Paying for what you buy (the amount is not istotan in terms of number of disks) is a logical order to receive the product, the content of which will coincide with what is shown in the graphic part. This is what was done with the disc "Double Trouble" where the rear part of the graphics comes from publishing FTD (only removed its logo) and inform the 25 recordings and CD actually contains only 12 thereof is complete paranoia. On the set as a whole look as a product, which in this form is bublé publishing that SONY LEGACY maniacal still offers as if nothing had happened. That is my opinion on this, and as we all know is not the first time this publishing company commits such blunders on their products with the name of our idol.

:smt067

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm

I save my money for the next FTD movie soundtracks, still to be announced though.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Quite frankly I'm not all that upset about the blunders. I am upset about the fact that I still don't the have product.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm not overly upset about the mistakes, as I didn't buy it, and probably won't..
But from what I've read.. it's pretty shabby allowing it to be released the way it was. The Double Trouble back cover is a joke.. did whoever compiled this, just download random image searches off the web and use those :wtf:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

KevinK wrote:I'm not overly upset about the mistakes, as I didn't buy it, and probably won't..
But from what I've read.. it's pretty shabby allowing it to be released the way it was. The Double Trouble back cover is a joke.. did whoever compiled this, just download random image searches off the web and use those :wtf:

Goes back to quality control (if any) during pre-printing phase, anyone noticing what's wrong with this picture compared to others?

You would think these are quick and easy to correct if someone's paying any attention.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:23 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Goes back to quality control (if any) during pre-printing phase, anyone noticing what's wrong with this picture compared to others?

You would think these are quick and easy to correct if someone's paying any attention.

You can see that the "team" SONY LEGACY while working just sleeping ... little of this - the product on the market for at least a month, and they pretend that nothing happened and still squeeze in the distribution of the sell.

:mrgreen:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:36 pm

djmaciek wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Goes back to quality control (if any) during pre-printing phase, anyone noticing what's wrong with this picture compared to others?

You can see that the "team" SONY LEGACY while working just sleeping ... little of this - the product on the market for at least a month, and they pretend that nothing happened and still squeeze in the distribution of the sell.

:mrgreen:

One thing I've noticed, price has doubled with many sellers. Demand exceeding Sony's expectations?

It didn't take some of our members long (minutes) to highlight errors, what's the chances they (Sony) correcting errors before next production run?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
KevinK wrote:I'm not overly upset about the mistakes, as I didn't buy it, and probably won't..

Goes back to quality control (if any) during pre-printing phase, anyone noticing what's wrong with this picture compared to others?

Roger Semon was in charge of artwork. The buck stops with him.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 am

Roger has let a few mistakes slip through his net then!~ :?

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 am

Sum' bitch, I finally got it. I ordered it from a UK vendor on Amazon USA. I have not yet taken the shrink wrap off, but I am going to listen to it now.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 am

Well I am GREATLY disappointed the booklet does not give initial sales figures of each LP like the first 20 Album box set did. :wtf:

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 am

skatterbrane wrote:Sum' bitch, I finally got it. I ordered it from a UK vendor on Amazon USA. I have not yet taken the shrink wrap off, but I am going to listen to it now.

glad yours showed up. I'm still waiting for mine from England.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:15 am

I am hearing distortions I have never heard before here and there. One example is I'll Remember You, the first "summer" is either tape damage or distortion of some other kind. I get a general feeling of over-modulation from the few I have listened to.