Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 am

frus75 wrote:
Deke Rivers II wrote:What was wrong with 2nd to none? I know the Roustabout alternate was mastered badly but what else had to be corrected on the future US edition. and was the alternate Roustabout corrected or is it still only on the ep?

2nd to none is a favorite of mine, love the Promised Land, Memphis 69, Moody Blue and Always On My Mind mixes!

Iván

collection for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221362039275? ... 26_rdc%3D1

Good luck on your sale. You have some good stuff there.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 am

L Ray wrote:
frus75 wrote:
Deke Rivers II wrote:What was wrong with 2nd to none? I know the Roustabout alternate was mastered badly but what else had to be corrected on the future US edition. and was the alternate Roustabout corrected or is it still only on the ep?

2nd to none is a favorite of mine, love the Promised Land, Memphis 69, Moody Blue and Always On My Mind mixes!

Iván

collection for sale:

Thanks! I am sure vinyl is almost dead, it's a time to buy, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

frus75 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
frus75 wrote:

Iván

collection for sale:

Thanks! I am sure vinyl is almost dead, it's a time to buy, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I ask you why you are selling? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am

:D Listened today again to the viva las vegas disc - nice collection~! 8)
Last edited by YDKM on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:59 pm

We have two threads going now. I just ordered from a private seller that is at Amazon for just a couple of dollars more than my Collectors Choice order, when the shipping is added. Just under $50. Once they confirm they have shipped, today or tomorrow, they say, then I will cancel with Collectors Choice.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Got the boxset today from Amazon Canada for $30.01 and they shipped it express, no charge.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 am

Barry wrote:Got the boxset today from Amazon Canada for $30.01 and they shipped it express, no charge.

:shock: I pre-ordered mine on December 4 from them and it still reads this;

NOT YET SHIPPED

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date

something doesn't sound right here :(

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:58 am

Maybe Sony is going to correct all the mistakes before they make another batch?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:04 am

Yes despite 'mistakes' i do enjoy these and today played three of these short cd's VIVA LAS VEGAS,HARUM SCARUM AND GIRL HAPPY.....all now sound 'good'...although its easy to hear the obvious GIRL HAPPY sped up song!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:29 am

I have ordered from Zoverstock's in the UK. I am tired of waiting on USA Amazon and Collector's Choice. I think there must be a shortage of this product and I think it is entirely possible they may be correcting various mistakes on the back covers that have incorrect song listings. Just a theory.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:54 am

skatterbrane wrote:I have ordered from Zoverstock's in the UK. I am tired of waiting on USA Amazon and Collector's Choice. I think there must be a shortage of this product and I think it is entirely possible they may be correcting various mistakes on the back covers that have incorrect song listings. Just a theory.

I think you're right skatterbrane. There must be casual nostalgia people who've bought the set & complained about the errors and tracks listed which aren't present?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:00 am

King Volcano wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:I have ordered from Zoverstock's in the UK. I am tired of waiting on USA Amazon and Collector's Choice. I think there must be a shortage of this product and I think it is entirely possible they may be correcting various mistakes on the back covers that have incorrect song listings. Just a theory.

I think you're right skatterbrane. There must be casual nostalgia people who've bought the set & complained about the errors and tracks listed which aren't present?

If so, then the incorrect ones will be collectors items.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 am

L Ray wrote:
King Volcano wrote:

If so, then the incorrect ones will be collectors items.

That's what I am thinkin'!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:11 am

sweetangeline wrote:
Barry wrote:Got the boxset today from Amazon Canada for $30.01 and they shipped it express, no charge.

:shock: I pre-ordered mine on December 4 from them and it still reads this;

NOT YET SHIPPED

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date

something doesn't sound right here :(

I preordered it on Dec/01, and last week sent them an email asking if they had an update, for shipping, they emailed back and stated shipping soon, the next day received notification that it was shipped.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:43 am

Barry wrote:I preordered it on Dec/01, and last week sent them an email asking if they had an update, for shipping, they emailed back and stated shipping soon, the next day received notification that it was shipped.

...yes I have asked them too, probably three times since my order on Dec.4th...keep getting the same reply as above :facep:

maybe because your out west and I`m in Ontario...you get priority because it`s colder :wink:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

I would be surprised if any alterations are made to this set. The profit that Sony will make per unit must be minimal, and for them to go back and correct the errors would probably end up costing them money. I don't know whether most people who buy it will even consider the errors to be errors at all, or spot them in the first place. It's aimed at casual purchasers, people who want a cheap ready made Elvis collection, and not fans. Do people even look at CD covers these days? Or do they bung the disc in and listen to the music without even knowing what it is they're listening to. It's not like the old days when we'd scour the sleeve reading every word on it.

Sony's attitude is more likely "You only paid £1.50 a disc, shut up and enjoy it". Yes, it should all have been right, but for what I paid I'm not going to get too uptight about the wrong tracklist on the back cover. It's not like I don't know every song off by heart, and need the names written down.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:03 am

Well i must admit i gave GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS another play today-twice and the 13 tracks sound very enjoyable to my ears-relaxing you could say. it's been quite a delight to pick out 3 or 4 cd's /day and enjoy them on my train traveling to and from work!~
glad i bought the box but (like everyone) wish problems like BLUE RIVER and wrong listing hadn't slipped out in the finished product! :(

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

I've got the soundtrack box and I must admit I enjoy what I've heard so far. They reflect the original albums soundwise, for better or worse! I was hoping Ernst had sneaked in the DF mix of Frankie And Johnny and Harum Scarum, but no. Never mind, it's my guilty pleasure digging this set! Soundwise it's great!8)

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Just cancelled my Collectors Choice order. My order through a private Amazon dealer will take a few weeks coming from England, but it has been shipped. The price was under $50 total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:04 am

I pre ordered from Amazon on 12-23-13. I'm still waiting. I'll wait on Amazon until I hear something definite from them one way or the other. Then I'll assess my options. I'm sometimes a very patient person. It's not like I don't already have this music in fine quality.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 am

Mine was shipped today from the UK. I guess I will see it in two weeks or so.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:45 am

skatterbrane wrote:Mine was shipped today from the UK. I guess I will see it in two weeks or so.

Finally they are on the way.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:21 am

L Ray wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Mine was shipped today from the UK. I guess I will see it in two weeks or so.

are they sending you the version with the mistakes...or the now released corrected version re-done from sony?? :wink:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 am

sweetangeline wrote:
L Ray wrote:

are they sending you the version with the mistakes...or the now released corrected version re-done from sony?? :wink:

I'm pretty sure I'll get the collectors version, with the mistakes. :wink:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 am

There's a corrected version coming from SONY without the mistakes? Has this been confirmed or this just rumor?