Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 am

THE WHISTLING TUNE listed as track #4

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:25 pm

I have received the box set, it is a beauty, and for the price, it's a steal, each soundtrack in mini LP sleeves, so far they sound great, going through them one by one.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 am

L Ray wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:Collector's Choice Music

Movie Soundtracks (20CD) [CD] [Import] - $33.58

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/cd/2712317 ... racks-20cd



Okay thanks. My order is in. With tax and postage it was just under $46. Should arrive in one week or so.



Now they have raised the price to $75 and it is not in stock. Mine has not been shipped, so I wonder what's up with these guys.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:03 am

Patrick68 wrote:I have received the box set, it is a beauty, and for the price, it's a steal, each soundtrack in mini LP sleeves, so far they sound great, going through them one by one.



Who did you order from? Read my last post above.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:23 am

It did not do any good for me to cancel my Dec 44h Amazon USA pre-order because Collector's Choice does not have them in stock either. I wonder why there are none in the USA yet? I guess they must have sold them out at the manufacturers level in Europe. This must be a very high demand item.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 am

skatterbrane wrote:It did not do any good for me to cancel my Dec 44h Amazon USA pre-order because Collector's Choice does not have them in stock either. I wonder why there are none in the USA yet? I guess they must have sold them out at the manufacturers level in Europe. This must be a very high demand item.



I just checked my credit card and Collector's Choice has my $45 order pending in my credit card bank account. I will check tomorrow and see if that changes.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 am

Well i got through a LOT more soundtracks.
KING CREOLE sounds very good but best was JAILHOUSE ROCK very VERY nice collection in this box and super great sound!~
GIRL GIRLS GIRLS surprised me with good sound and speedway un-impressed me as 'absolute crap' soundtrack!
fin in Acapulco and it happened at the worlds fair sound ok.
last up double trouble,clambake and kissin cousins. :D

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:06 am

well believe me clambake was the absolute WORST CD of the set~! kissing cousins was pure mediocre rubbish with double trouble sounding better...until i heard the un-listenable distorted version of blue river -terrible!~
speedway and it happened at the worlds fair we passable but i gave GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS another play because the sound is great!~
not a bad box set- mistakes myself and others have mentioned
must give that great JAILHOUSE ROCK disc another play too it sounds great!~ glad i bought the set despite a few mistakes in it cover, audio and track-listing wise. as a set i'd give it an 8/10 taking off those 2 marks because of the faults i mentioned. :| :wink: :roll: 8) :lol:

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:59 pm

The truth is that this set offers around 25% of the complete masters box for just around 35 euros. Besides it offers original mixes never before on cd (some tracks from Nashville 63). The minus thing is that of course some movies sounded better remixed for the double features (speedway, harum, Frankie...44) and of course others were released in 2009 and duplicated here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm

YDKM wrote:well believe me clambake was the absolute WORST CD of the set~! kissing cousins was pure mediocre rubbish with double trouble sounding better...until i heard the un-listenable distorted version of blue river -terrible!~
speedway and it happened at the worlds fair we passable but i gave GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS another play because the sound is great!~
not a bad box set- mistakes myself and others have mentioned
must give that great JAILHOUSE ROCK disc another play too it sounds great!~ glad i bought the set despite a few mistakes in it cover, audio and track-listing wise. as a set i'd give it an 8/10 taking off those 2 marks because of the faults i mentioned. :| :wink: :roll: 8) :lol:



Interesting your comment about Clambake. The one that came out a few years ago sounds great. They used the remasters on all 8 of those and Clambake was great sounding with Guitar Man kicking it of. Wondering what they changed on this set. The KC remasters on my Franklin set sound top notch also. Oh well.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

L Ray wrote:
YDKM wrote:well believe me clambake was the absolute WORST CD of the set~! kissing cousins was pure mediocre rubbish with double trouble sounding better...until i heard the un-listenable distorted version of blue river -terrible!~
speedway and it happened at the worlds fair we passable but i gave GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS another play because the sound is great!~
not a bad box set- mistakes myself and others have mentioned
must give that great JAILHOUSE ROCK disc another play too it sounds great!~ glad i bought the set despite a few mistakes in it cover, audio and track-listing wise. as a set i'd give it an 8/10 taking off those 2 marks because of the faults i mentioned. :| :wink: :roll: 8) :lol:



Interesting your comment about Clambake. The one that came out a few years ago sounds great. They used the remasters on all 8 of those and Clambake was great sounding with Guitar Man kicking it of. Wondering what they changed on this set. The KC remasters on my Franklin set sound top notch also. Oh well.


Nothing changes, it's exactly the same as the 2009 edition


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 am

L Ray wrote:
YDKM wrote:well believe me clambake was the absolute WORST CD of the set~! kissing cousins was pure mediocre rubbish with double trouble sounding better...until i heard the un-listenable distorted version of blue river -terrible!~
speedway and it happened at the worlds fair we passable but i gave GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS another play because the sound is great!~
not a bad box set- mistakes myself and others have mentioned
must give that great JAILHOUSE ROCK disc another play too it sounds great!~ glad i bought the set despite a few mistakes in it cover, audio and track-listing wise. as a set i'd give it an 8/10 taking off those 2 marks because of the faults i mentioned. :| :wink: :roll: 8) :lol:



Interesting your comment about Clambake. The one that came out a few years ago sounds great. They used the remasters on all 8 of those and Clambake was great sounding with Guitar Man kicking it of. Wondering what they changed on this set. The KC remasters on my Franklin set sound top notch also. Oh well.


Yeah, I thought that Clambake jewel case Anesini reissue was good sound too. I've only played it twice but remember thinkingnit sounded great.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:26 am

Frankly, I decided I will not buy this product. I only wished Sony would have released the other movie soundtracks on a budget label like they did last year or so and with bonus tracks - if those profiters don't mind. Then just for the sake of collection that would have been an option. But as I read on this thread, it finally convinced me to forget about it. We're missing in fact 3 movie soundtacks now, why by an entire box-set at that price for 3 cds. Well everyone is up to its own choice, I guess. I pass this time and wait for next FTD annoucement at the end of February or so.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:31 am

I certainly would expect the following discs to be the great sounding 2007 VA masters:

GI Blues
Girls, Girls, Girls
Fun In Acapulco
Viva Las Vegas
Roustabout
Girl Happy
Frankie And Johnny
Clambake

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 am

Tornado wrote:Frankly, I decided I will not buy this product. I only wished Sony would have released the other movie soundtracks on a budget label like they did last year or so and with bonus tracks - if those profiters don't mind. Then just for the sake of collection that would have been an option. But as I read on this thread, it finally convinced me to forget about it. We're missing in fact 3 movie soundtacks now, why by an entire box-set at that price for 3 cds. Well everyone is up to its own choice, I guess. I pass this time and wait for next FTD annoucement at the end of February or so.


We were missing 7 (not 3) original LP configuration of the following titles (before this box came out):
It Happened At The World's Fair
Kissin' Cousins
Harum Scarum
Paradise, Hawaiian Style
Spinout
Double Trouble
Speedway

I am not sure where you came up with 3? Unless you are counting FTDs, which I do not, they are a totally separate realm

As for what this box set leaves out:
Love Me Tender EP
Tickle Me EP
Easy Come, Easy Go EP
and the following soundtracks that never got their own LP or EP
Wild In The Country
Stay Away, Joe
Live A Little, Love A Little
Charro!
The Trouble With Girls
Change Of Habit

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 pm

To make it clear:


All the soundtracks on this box use the Anesini masters for the movie songs. All. There is no single exception. And they all sound (almost) exactly the same as CM set.

Given that let me note two important things:

- On the bonus material, they have taken the masters from the original album masters. That is, listening to Long Lonely Highway or Slowly But Surely or Mine, you'll get the original vinyl mix. As you know, the 63 masters were remixed for the lost album project, reissued on the 60's box, and remixed again for the CM set and FTD.

- The until now unreleased albums (and then more) feature a louder volume. My guess is that they were compressed maybe a tad and then converted to mp3 and released on iTunes. You know itunes like them loud!! Later, they took the non-mp3 files and made this set. With already paid for mastering, the costs are minimal.

- Again, just in case you get suspicious: apart form the volume thing, they're the Anesini CM masters.

So in all you get: 20 albums totalling around 250 songs for just around 35 euros with the CM masters. You'll have to overcome that distortion on Blue River. BTW, I am sure I've heard it before....

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm

frus75 wrote: You'll have to overcome that distortion on Blue River. BTW, I am sure I've heard it before....

If you are referring to 'Blue River', I'm 99% sure the vinyl version had the same distortion, so if the original album master* was used for this, we probably have heard it before...

*Nice to know that quality control has come on leaps and bounds since the sixties... Bwah ha ha ha ha ha !!! :twisted:

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 pm

The original Blue River 45 single and the LP version on the Double Trouble album have the same "distortion" sound. That's how I became used to it. Hearing the cleaned up version somehow made it sound like an alternate. Strange how one become used to things, even if they are wrong and still accept them. 8)

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:40 pm

When In Rome wrote:
frus75 wrote: You'll have to overcome that distortion on Blue River. BTW, I am sure I've heard it before....

If you are referring to 'Blue River', I'm 99% sure the vinyl version had the same distortion, so if the original album master* was used for this, we probably have heard it before...

*Nice to know that quality control has come on leaps and bounds since the sixties... Bwah ha ha ha ha ha !!! :twisted:


Thanks! I was sure it sounded familiar! One more thing to confimr myself in my theory that they have gone to the album masters for this soundtrack, hence providing us with original mixes.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 pm

frus75 wrote:
When In Rome wrote:
frus75 wrote: You'll have to overcome that distortion on Blue River. BTW, I am sure I've heard it before....

If you are referring to 'Blue River', I'm 99% sure the vinyl version had the same distortion, so if the original album master* was used for this, we probably have heard it before...

*Nice to know that quality control has come on leaps and bounds since the sixties... Bwah ha ha ha ha ha !!! :twisted:


Thanks! I was sure it sounded familiar! One more thing to confimr myself in my theory that they have gone to the album masters for this soundtrack, hence providing us with original mixes.


You're welcome! Oddly enough, the iTunes version of 'Blue River' featured on the 'Double Trouble' download has the CM version of 'Blue River' (undistorted!)...

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:39 pm

When In Rome wrote:
frus75 wrote:
When In Rome wrote:
frus75 wrote: You'll have to overcome that distortion on Blue River. BTW, I am sure I've heard it before....

If you are referring to 'Blue River', I'm 99% sure the vinyl version had the same distortion, so if the original album master* was used for this, we probably have heard it before...

*Nice to know that quality control has come on leaps and bounds since the sixties... Bwah ha ha ha ha ha !!! :twisted:


Thanks! I was sure it sounded familiar! One more thing to confimr myself in my theory that they have gone to the album masters for this soundtrack, hence providing us with original mixes.


You're welcome! Oddly enough, the iTunes version of 'Blue River' featured on the 'Double Trouble' download has the CM version of 'Blue River' (undistorted!)...


Thanks for your input! So it seems they don't come from itunes. And at the same time thay're louder than the CM versions. Could it be a new mastering by Anesini (he is credited after all) of the LP masters on some of those soundtracks like he did on the Welcome To My World LP on the other 20 cd box? It gets interesting!

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:34 am

I enjoyed my fav albums from the movies here these 10 CD's here would be amongst my fav
1. JAILHOUSE ROCK- great compilation and sound here
2.GIRL HAPPY
3.GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
4.BLUE HAWAI
5.VIVA LAS VEGAS
6.HARUM SCARUM
7.KING CREOLE
8.LOVING YOU
9G.I BLUES
10.FOLLOW THAT DREAM/KID GALAHAD/FLAMING STAR
8) :lol:

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 am

DeepDiscount.com is selling this, but for $90.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:06 am

What was wrong with 2nd to none? I know the Roustabout alternate was mastered badly but what else had to be corrected on the future US edition. and was the alternate Roustabout corrected or is it still only on the ep?

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Deke Rivers II wrote:What was wrong with 2nd to none? I know the Roustabout alternate was mastered badly but what else had to be corrected on the future US edition. and was the alternate Roustabout corrected or is it still only on the ep?



2nd to none is a favorite of mine, love the Promised Land, Memphis 69, Moody Blue and Always On My Mind mixes!

Iván

collection for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221362039275? ... 26_rdc%3D1