Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:44 am

Now Amazon USA has it priced at $80! Apparently they did not want to sell it at $39, so it was "out of stock".

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 am

skatterbrane wrote:Now Amazon USA has it priced at $80! Apparently they did not want to sell it at $39, so it was "out of stock".

I normally don't pre-order. But I'm glad I did. Pre-ordering locked in my price at $39.99. With S&H plus sales tax my total price will come in around $47.00. I wouldn't order the box at the new price of $80.00.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:28 am

I am expecting Amazon to cancel my order!

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:34 am

skatterbrane wrote:I am expecting Amazon to cancel my order!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. If they cancel my pre-order after guaranteeing a price, they will have some 'splainin' to do.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 am

JerryNodak wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:I am expecting Amazon to cancel my order!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. If they cancel my pre-order after guaranteeing a price, they will have some 'splainin' to do.

I don't think they will cancel your orders. I should have preordered also, doggonit :| :|

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 am

For the price this is a great deal for 20 CD set, may look into this :?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 am

Just got this great value boxset~! Sounds great and i am playing GIRL HAPPY first.... sounds good to my ears...will work my way through this set. nice little boxset to my ears/eyes!~ :D
well listened now to harum and viva las vegas... all sound good to me and liner notes on thr each movie by Brian Quinn...-hope he earnt a free boxset? :lol:

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Here in the USA, it is still not available on Amazon.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

YDKM wrote:Just got this great value boxset~! Sounds great and i am playing GIRL HAPPY first.... sounds good to my ears...will work my way through this set. nice little boxset to my ears/eyes!~ :D
well listened now to harum and viva las vegas... all sound good to me and liner notes on thr each movie by Brian Quinn...-hope he earnt a free boxset? :lol:

Thanks for the report. Tell us more when you have time.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Collector's Choice Music

Movie Soundtracks (20CD) [CD] [Import] - $33.58

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/cd/2712317 ... racks-20cd

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Collector's Choice Music

Okay thanks. My order is in. With tax and postage it was just under $46. Should arrive in one week or so.
Last edited by L Ray on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Thank you brother! I'll have to wait till Friday, I hope they don't run out!

NVM I won't be able to buy from these guys as they don't accept paypal!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:31 pm

TINML wrote:

All you have to do is get a Paypal debit card issued by VISA or MasterCard and they you can use it just like a credit card and it will take funds from you paypal balance. Pretty easy!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

TINML wrote:

All you have to do is get a Paypal debit card issued by VISA or MasterCard and they you can use it just like a credit card and it will take funds from you paypal balance. Pretty easy! I wish more people would learn about this as I am going to discontinue taking Paypal as payment option on my business site. Paypal sucks. Just about anyone with a Paypal account that is verified can get a Paypal debit card. Then you can shop anywhere that takes credit cards.

I CANCELLED my order I put in December 4th with Amazon and ordered with Collector's Choice Music. Thanks for the link Rich TCB.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 pm

You're welcome, gentlemen . . .

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 am

That is about 30-35 dollars cheaper than what they are going for on E-bay at the moment so thank you for the link just hope their not sold out by tomorrow!

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 am

be patient folks, this is not a rare item and I guarantee you in the coming days others will have it for sale under $40 :wink:

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:20 am

:D Well this set does seem to have a few faults(already mentioned in this thread!) the Viva Las Vegas soundtrack cd has 12 tracks which ALL play in completely different order than on the sleeve ! also Viva las Vegas didn't play to well to me sounding weird!? otherwise ok. also now played Roustabout-sounds 'ok' and Frankie & Johnny.... that sounded 'ok' but track #11 please don't stop loving me sounding excellent-so closely miked sound!~
will listen later today to Spinout and paradise Hawaiian style.....
has it faults and some sound track cd's only run for 20 minutes!! mostly around the 30 minute mark. but as with all movie soundtracks you suddenly get to hear one track that is a hidden Gem and it all seems 'worthwhile' certainly a lovely collection for the price!~ :D

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:25 am

YDKM wrote::D Well this set does seem to have a few faults(already mentioned in this thread!) the Viva Las Vegas soundtrack cd has 12 tracks which ALL play in completely different order than on the sleeve ! also Viva las Vegas didn't play to well to me sounding weird!? otherwise ok. also now played Roustabout-sounds 'ok' and Frankie & Johnny.... that sounded 'ok' but track #11 please don't stop loving me sounding excellent-so closely miked sound!~
will listen later today to Spinout and paradise Hawaiian style.....
has it faults and some sound track cd's only run for 20 minutes!! mostly around the 30 minute mark. but as with all movie soundtracks you suddenly get to hear one track that is a hidden Gem and it all seems 'worthwhile' certainly a lovely collection for the price!~ :D

Question. VLV song sounded weird or VLV album sounded weird?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:44 am

Just the title track 'Viva Las Vegas'... sounded very distant sounding compared the rest of the CD. i didn't mind the wrong playing order and indeed it DID feature 'Your the Boss' as track #3... so otherwise it was great!
SPINOUT & PARADISE HAWIIAN STYLE also sounded 'ok'

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:03 am

Well today i found Blue Hawaii + G.I.Blues sounded 'fine' as did Loving You(but only 12 tracks with 20 listed on the back)
The Follow That Dream CD sounded 'fine' except that track #4 a whistling Tune was indeed missing and only 11 tracks on the cd!!
such tracks from 'Kid Galahad' as 'home is where the heart is' sound very intimate and clear.
king creole + jailhouse rock are next for my ears!~ :D

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:21 am

YDKM wrote:Well today i found Blue Hawaii + G.I.Blues sounded 'fine' as did Loving You(but only 12 tracks with 20 listed on the back)
The Follow That Dream CD sounded 'fine' except that track #4 a whistling Tune was indeed missing and only 11 tracks on the cd!!
such tracks from 'Kid Galahad' as 'home is where the heart is' sound very intimate and clear.

I've got 13 on my Follow that Dream disc.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 am

poormadpeter wrote:
YDKM wrote:Well today i found Blue Hawaii + G.I.Blues sounded 'fine' as did Loving You(but only 12 tracks with 20 listed on the back)

I've got 13 on my Follow that Dream disc.

Nice report YDMK, and yes I'm sure there are 13 tracks in all on the Follow that Dream. Looking forward to your next report.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am

yes sorry about that it is indeed 13 tracks on my FTD list instead of the 14 mentioned on the cover

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 am

YDKM wrote:yes sorry about that it is indeed 13 tracks on my FTD list instead of the 14 mentioned on the cover

So which one is missing?